218283 Bullies, 8938 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 21
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. isol8d is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    773

    Points
    8,641
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

    Posted On:
    8/30/2005 9:51am


     Style: kung fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Florida San Shou at IKF in Orlando

    http://www.streamload.com/EricRivera10/IKF.wmv

    They made a stop at the Wah Lum temple on the way. It is nice to see my kung fu brothers on there. Wish I could have gone to watch.
  2. lawdog is offline

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,660

    Posted On:
    8/30/2005 10:23am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by isol8d
    http://www.streamload.com/EricRivera10/IKF.wmv

    They made a stop at the Wah Lum temple on the way. It is nice to see my kung fu brothers on there. Wish I could have gone to watch.
    What's the story with that temple?
  3. CanucKyokushin is offline

    He'll flip ya!

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    ?????????
    Posts
    2,736

    Posted On:
    8/30/2005 10:36am

    supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought San shou had takedowns?
  4. lawdog is offline

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,660

    Posted On:
    8/30/2005 10:42am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    I thought San shou had takedowns?
    I saw at least 3 takedowns, including 1 very nice one.

    I love watching san shou, for that reason. I'd like to see more of it.
  5. isol8d is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    773

    Points
    8,641
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

    Posted On:
    8/30/2005 10:43am


     Style: kung fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The short version:

    Master Pui Chan moved to Florida in the 80's and built a full time kung fu school in Orlando.

    Sifu John Wai, his fighters were on the video, is good friends with many of the sifu's at Wah Lum, as his wife is GM Chan's niece.
  6. lawdog is offline

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,660

    Posted On:
    8/30/2005 10:46am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by isol8d
    The short version:

    Master Pui Chan moved to Florida in the 80's and built a full time kung fu school in Orlando.

    Sifu John Wai, his fighters were on the video, is good friends with many of the sifu's at Wah Lum, as his wife is GM Chan's niece.
    So, it isn't what i'd normally think of as a temple, but rather a dojo? Do students live there?
  7. isol8d is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    773

    Points
    8,641
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class

    Posted On:
    8/30/2005 10:52am


     Style: kung fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdog
    So, it isn't what i'd normally think of as a temple, but rather a dojo? Do students live there?
    At this very moment? I don't know. I've sparred there, but I don't train there. I know they used to have live in students there. Well, they have a house across the street, but the students were there to train all day/week.

    And there are no monks there, just kung fu students and teachers. I think it was more of a temple atmosphere in the beginning, or so I've heard from people who were around there in the 80's.
  8. lawdog is offline

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,660

    Posted On:
    8/30/2005 11:02am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by isol8d
    At this very moment? I don't know. I've sparred there, but I don't train there. I know they used to have live in students there. Well, they have a house across the street, but the students were there to train all day/week.

    And there are no monks there, just kung fu students and teachers. I think it was more of a temple atmosphere in the beginning, or so I've heard from people who were around there in the 80's.
    It sounds pretty cool!
  9. Arbiter is offline
    Arbiter's Avatar

    punch-drunk

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    610

    Points
    791
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    8/30/2005 11:38am

    supporting member
     Style: SanDa / MMA / Kung-Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good for Florida Sanshou for putting it out there. Keep training hard and you'll be winning.
  10. Cardboard Tube is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    31

    Posted On:
    8/30/2005 2:28pm


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That place is really cool to visit. I got the opportunity to go in for a demo back when I was in the 4th grade. One of the head guy's grandkids went to my elementary school. Actually, a friend of mine trains at their satellite school out near Altimonte Springs. Sorry, just saw that it was something close to home.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.