Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 8:42am

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm still waiting to see Mr. Franklin's BJJ coach step on the mat.

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 8:44am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol I am sorry, but if you would of heard the commentary from all the people watching Melvin train he is hard to catch in submissions. Since he has very strong hips and is very explosive.

It probably took a lot of energy to hold Melvin down, and if you would of heard Josh in the beginning of the fight he said he wanted to ground and pount, not submit.

You need to listen to the fighters stradegies before basically telling them they suck. Melvin is not a horrible fighter, he just isn't comfortable on the ground yet. He has more fights than you have, he has knocked out more people than you have and has great potential to be good.

As for Josh, he is a good wrestler and does need to work on his strikes, but these people are up and coming. If they were already perfectly rounded fighters than I don't think they would need this show to make it to the UFC. Do you?

As for Luke in the challenge, that was hilarious. I was like this guy has one of them in his guard and is yanking on the others leg. I am very very eager to see him fight since he has beat and helped win at a few challenges and exercises.

Pretty crazy.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 8:52am

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I gotta say, actually enjoying reading Griffin and Bonar's commentary over on spiketv.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest Griffin
    A lot of people have been calling the second season guys weak. Well, this is just not true…or at least I thought so until I saw them reading bibles together. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but we were getting drunk and jumping in the pool and reading bibles...drunk.

Not impressed with your performance!

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 9:05am

supporting member
     Style: Krav Maga/MMA/Firearms

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Also for the previews for the next episode Josh comes in with a sling on his arm?

Franklin said that Melvin broke his hand on missed punch that landed on Josh's elbow. I can only assume that that sling has something to do with that.

Good show, ok fight. I'd like to see a little more aggression.
    If God carried a gun, it would be a 1911.

Assiduus usus uni rei deditus et ingenium et artem saepe vincit - Cicero

Fortitudine Vincimus - Ernest Shackelton :englishmo

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 9:15am

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Lol I am sorry, but if you would of heard the commentary from all the people watching Melvin train he is hard to catch in submissions. Since he has very strong hips and is very explosive.
    His strong hips and explosiveness make him athletic, not a good fighter. I saw very little technique or skill from him.
    It probably took a lot of energy to hold Melvin down, and if you would of heard Josh in the beginning of the fight he said he wanted to ground and pount, not submit.
    I did hear that and I know that was his strategy, but I thhink it has more to do with his lack of submission skills than his preference. He said he was extremely competitive. Being extremely competitive means you want to win. If Josh had better submissions he could have tapped melvin in the first round and finished that fight.
    You need to listen to the fighters stradegies before basically telling them they suck.
    Well, if his strategy was ground and pound, despite the fact that he could have ended it in the first round with a submission, then his strategy also sucks. That's especially true in light of the fact that he's obviously injured now.
    Melvin is not a horrible fighter, he just isn't comfortable on the ground yet. He has more fights than you have, he has knocked out more people than you have and has great potential to be good.
    I never said he had no potential. I agree that he has great potential, but right now he sucks in terms of technique.
    As for Josh, he is a good wrestler and does need to work on his strikes, but these people are up and coming. If they were already perfectly rounded fighters than I don't think they would need this show to make it to the UFC. Do you?
    Nobody expects them to be prefectly rounded, and I realize they'll improve somewhat during the course of the show. I'd just like to see some decent technique.
    As for Luke in the challenge, that was hilarious. I was like this guy has one of them in his guard and is yanking on the others leg. I am very very eager to see him fight since he has beat and helped win at a few challenges and exercises.
    Yeah, I think everybody wants to see what he can do. From what they've shown, he's definitely the most interesting one. And even though he sounds real kooky, I have a feeling he's probably a very intelligent fighter with good technique. He's obviously very disciplined as well. I was really dissapointed he didn't fight last night.

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 9:35am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I almost forgot... Did anyone notice the giant boxing gloves some of the fighters had on during sparring? What's the purpose of this?

A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 9:58am

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To train full contact, full blast - without getting injured or injuring your partner?

But it was good to see Melvin leave. By about 5 minutes of the 1st episode I had heard enough of him. It was like Leben and Diego had a love child. So funny when the proud fall. I wish he would have done his 'Do you know who I ammmmmm?!?!?!?!?!' routine...as he was leaving the house and getting in the van.

I don't think Josh broke his arm. I think its like a sprain because I thought I saw him again in the lineup.

Bringing Randy Couture out for the challenge was cool. But Luke locking up one guy in his guard and holding onto another so his team could get the win was BRAINS. Obviously this guy is dangerous. I think tonight I am going to move my bed around so the head is North.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 10:04am

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu
    Franklin said that Melvin broke his hand on missed punch that landed on Josh's elbow. I can only assume that that sling has something to do with that.
    If I remember right, Melvin broke his hand on Josh's right elbow, but the sling was on Josh's left arm.

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 10:10am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, that makes sense Yrkoon.

We're in the process of moving some furniture around the house and as a result I think we're rearranging the bedroom. The first thought that popped into my head? "Cool our heads are going to be pointing north."

Blindgod, so much for that theory.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 10:16am

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    It was like Leben and Diego had a love child.
    :laughing4
    But Luke locking up one guy in his guard and holding onto another so his team could get the win was BRAINS. Obviously this guy is dangerous. I think tonight I am going to move my bed around so the head is North.
    yeah, the older you get the more you realize the importance of being an intelligent and strategic fighter. He obviously thinks outside the box, and I agree, that makes him dangerous, provided he has the technique, which based on his appearance and attitude, I assume he does.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast