Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 5:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excuse my complete lack of grappling knowledge, but, if you´re not supossed to cross your ankles, what are you supposed to do with the feet? I´m talking about this scenario.

Martial and Sexual Artist

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 5:20pm

supporting member
     Style: standup to ground

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yoshida had the best intro for the event IMO. I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by KumaONI
    If its Yoshida he's a judoka. We're pretty proud of him down at our dojo, got the news article of him beating Royce Gracie posted on the way near Kano
    Hey Kuma, did you see the Royce Gracie interview on the pride site? He calls Yoshida a big liar and such.

http://www.pridefc.com/pride2004/dat...sp?news_id=338

PRIDE: What do you think of the following comments by Yoshida: "I did not want to kill Royce, that's why I told the referee three times that he had passed out. I was on top of him, so the referee could not see Royce's face. That's why I made a call."
    Royce Gracie: He's a fucking liar. It's the biggest lie. That's all I have to say.

PRIDE: You usually use the closed guard for defense, why did you use the open guard against Yoshida? Were you confident that he would not pass your guard?
    Royce Gracie: If you look at the video tape, in the first seven seconds I had a foot lock, so that's why I kept the open guard. I wanted to go for foot locks. If I closed my guard I knew he could not pass my guard, but my strategy was to go for his legs, so I went with the open guard.

PRIDE: What do you think of the following comments by Yoshida: "In the rematch, I will win COMPLETELY and PERFECTLY. Whether he passes out or I get a submission, I do not know how I will finish him, but I will win completely this time.''
    Royce Gracie: Good. I hope he doesn't use the referee this time. Lets just fight.

PRIDE: Yoshida has now been in Mixed Martial Arts for over a year. What do you think of his transition and progress into MMA?
    Royce Gracie: I have my doubts (laughing). I don't know if his fights look real to me. The only real fight for me was when he fought Wanderlei (Silva). The others, I have my doubts (laughing).

PRIDE: Did you see his match with Wanderlei Silva at Final Conflict? What did you think?
    Royce Gracie: I saw it. I think it was his first real fight! (laughing)

Martial and Sexual Artist

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 5:21pm

supporting member
     Style: standup to ground

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Excuse my complete lack of grappling knowledge, but, if you´re not supossed to cross your ankles, what are you supposed to do with the feet? I´m talking about this scenario.
    If you have someone's back and you cross your feet, they can crush your feet with their legs. Basically you just hold them iwth your feet, don't really cross them.

In NHB as well, you can use your heels to kick him in the stomach or legs while you go for the choke.

Sometimes you can close a triangle down there, which i am fond of. This is especially useful if you capture the guy's arm if he tries to defend his body from your feet as you heel his legs and such.
    Last edited by Sh0t; 8/30/2005 5:23pm at .

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 5:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah, with their legs, I see (I didn´t see how they can reach the feet with their arms in the positions shown in the pics).

EDIT: Question answered, thank you.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 6:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    Look at that white belt cross his feet. For shame....Next pple will be saying he is 400-0!!!

Okay I wasn't going to reveal this secret but I figure you guys need it. If you are going for the RNC and you cross your feet the key is when you feel the guy going for the ankle lock (or shin lock) you UNCROSS them. Got it? OK now don't tell anyone. :toothy10:

Its the same silly thing when pple say you should NEVER cross your feet during an armbar!?!?!?! :new_Eyecr Just like Ronin said there are pros and cons for doing things the trick is knowing when.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 6:01pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is that Yuki Nakai in that picture?

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 6:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes it is.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Chemist

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 8:43pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was trying an RNC against Asia in ATL, and he tapped me to an ankle lock and I didn't have my ankles crossed = I'm not fast enough at sinking RNC and keeping hooks deep
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234