Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    4/08/2007 4:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh its sort off on topic since that hurtseller guy is a teacher in shuri ryu,right?
    i just saw the shuri ryu name and started foaming a bit and had to share it.
    she also offers healing sessions on her website 10 treatments for 350euros...:-s

i just emailed her to ask about lineage and maybe i can meet up with her for some first hand witness story?

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    4/08/2007 4:56pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Lebell,

I'd say emailing her is a good step, see if she will come to bullshido and explain herself publicly.

Wendi Dragonfire....Dreams Unlimited (interesting title to her website)

Her Healing Touch section looks a little suspect, I can only electronically translate it though, so any insite someone who speaks the language can provide would help:

http://www.wendidragonfire.com/?cat=2

And her old site is here:

http://www.geocities.com/wendi_123/

And yes, this looks like crappling to me:

This image is black text on her site, so I took the liberty of editing it onto a white background and saving it on pictiger. Here is a link if you cant read the text below.
    http://server4.pictiger.com/img/1042...-22--white.php

Hope that helps with your investigation.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Posted On:
    4/08/2007 5:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well the language is dutch and that hapens to be my native language..i can translate parts,but im not willing to translate the entire stuff cos its just too much.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    4/08/2007 5:25pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell
    well the language is dutch and that hapens to be my native language..i can translate parts,but im not willing to translate the entire stuff cos its just too much.
    Hi Lebell,

I used babel fish and came up with:
    With the different techniques of Healing Touch work you with the hands to let come to the energy field (aura) and the energy centres (chakra's) in assessment. This balance stimulates the zelfhelend capacity of people and animal. Weekend workshop Healing Touch level 1 for participation to the workshop Healing Touch level 1 (HT-1) is interest for energy work sufficient. Much attention is given on well for founding and the development of your intuļtie. You learn explore, with a number of particular techniques, the energy field and in balance to bring, aimed energy patterns to change and what to do at specific complaints.

Healing Touch level 1 red cross bldg. - Harderwijk 7 (evening), 8 and 9 October 2005?
    195 Euros, incl. syllabus and certificate.
    From that I think she is charging about 260 USD to teach people that they can heal each other with magical energy.

Sounds like bullshido mysticism being brought into the martial arts to me.

If she can really do as she claims, the James Randi will pay a lot of money to her:
    http://www.randi.org/

Wonder why she hasnt tried for the big money?
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Posted On:
    4/08/2007 6:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shuri-ryu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh god dont get me started about shuri ryu...
    there are a couple of schools in Holland with a 'grandmaster'called wendi dragonfire,women only classes...

Ive seen promotional material and just from the pictures alone i could tell they are full of it.
    Those people are dangerous they give women and girls a false sense of security,its just not right.
    Ms. Dragonfire is now a "Grandmaster?" Since when? In what style? She's not a Grandmaster in Shuri-ryu.

" . . . and just from the pictures alone I could tell they are full of it." Well, those schools may be full of it, however schools under the direction of one person is not a good example of a style of martial arts.

Posted On:
    4/09/2007 4:44am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well i emailed mrs dragonfire and asked about her lineage,and her motivation to have womens only classes,i hope she will answer me soon.
    Tommorow she will give demo's n a nearby town,and what u know? i have an appointment in the very same town tom. guess ill drop by.
    maybe first buy some grapes and blonde ponytail wig and a dress...ghehe

The translation of the text askari posted is pretty accurate,but there's also a price list which states 350 euros for ten sessions/lessons...

the grandmaster thing:8th dan they usually call a hanshi,which is grandmaster level.

james randi i know its in my bookmarks,maybe ill mention it when i can speak to her.

Most important:i want to have an open mind,eventhough im already sceptical sinceive also seen those pictures.

Posted On:
    4/09/2007 4:50am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok thats weird,i just posted the previous and got email from mrs dragonfire,
    she seems a nice person,explained me her lineage and told me something about the federation she is involved with.

Im waiting for an answer if i can attend her workshop for some time tommorow,if i can be present for some time ill write a full report about my experiences tommorow evening,including lineages etc.

Posted On:
    4/09/2007 9:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shuri-ryu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the grandmaster thing:8th dan they usually call a hanshi,which is grandmaster level.
    OK, I see. The grandmaster title was assumed. Fair enough.

Getting back to Hurtsellers Sensei, has anyone else made it out to his school to check him out and what he currently teaches?

If you read the link that Dagon had posted about Hurtseller Sensei's current Kung Fu teacher, you may find some interesting similarities if you visit Hurtseller Sensei's school. And just for the record, I call him Sensei because when I was training with him, he taught Okinawan Shuri-ryu and his lineage is Okinawan/Japanese based. (Any suplimental training, like TKD kicks, BJJ ground work, etc. was not the main focus of his curriculum; and the method and the culture developed in his dojo was Okinawan/Japanese based.)

I am very interested to know what other people think of Hurtseller Sensei's current teaching style, method, school culture, etc. Regardless of what people may think about his teaching and reasoning, Hurtsellers Sensei as a person is a very kind, honest, and caring person - and a very good martial artist (Hurtsellers Sensei does have many compitition wins - unlike many Bullshido "teachers").

Take care.

Posted On:
    4/09/2007 4:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    alrighty,i just had an answer from mrs dragonfire,im not welcome at the workshop/special training because i have a penis,thats not so nice.
    The email i got was polite though,im invited to come and visit or train with the guys in the school,located east of my country,im willing to do so,but not very soon cos im busy with my own classes and ive got a big test coming up.

still i think its a bit strange those womens only classes.

on Sensei Hurtseller:dont know the guy and im not even in the same country otherwise i'd check him out.
    he has got a very very cool name though...i mean..hurtseller..how cool is that for a name???

Posted On:
    7/07/2013 5:06pm

Bullshido Newbie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Over thirty years ago Wendi Dragonfire was a judge at karate tournaments I participated in. I would suggest that you may have made an unwarranted assumption about her ability.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast