--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2005 7:47pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey how about that armbar from werdum?? that was pretty sweet. as for the rest everything else went pretty much the way i expected. whats up with yoshida wanting to fight in the heavyweight class?? so he can get knocked around by fedor? just because he beat mark hunt and abbott, ,2 guys with no ground game at all.

mirko vs fedor - good gameplan by fedor to take mirko out of his element. mirko should have tried to press the action more because when he did, he was getting the best of fedor till he kicked and slipped. as for the gaurd statement, nog has a more active and less defensive gaurd, mirko was just mostly defense like holding the hands. fedor also had a hurt hand so he was punching way more with his left esp in the gaurd.

arona vs. silva - people can say what they want, that silva was robbed or whatever. Maybe thats true, if so then silva robbed himself. he was tentative and that is his fault. arona played a good game, to not stand with vanderlie and take him down. arona had some good takedowns kinda throwin silva around. i dont think it was fair he got carded but arona was dominating on top. as for silva landing more from the bottom i dont think so, compare their faces. i will go watch it again maybe im wrong. Did you guyz hear mauro questioning silva's bjj???

nak vs igor - igor should have stood the fight up on many occasions but nak hit him with some good punches and maybe he felt in danger or something.

overeem vs. shogun - overeem had a good gameplan but should have had a couple more energy drinks lolz. he was sure taking it to shogun. but shogun took advantage on the gassed overeem. how bout those knees from overeem? one hit shogun in the face while standing straight in the clinch. but good match from both.

shogun vs. arona - i thought it was already over with that omoplata from shogun. Honestly i think arona was to hyped up on the silva fight that and didn't realize how hard this fight was gonna be. for him at least, pretty easy for shogun. Arona should have went for a heel hook or toe hold or something when he had shoguns leg but he just let it go. but awesome showing from shogun. oh, and that kick i think is a dangerous thing to do arona should have went for a takedown, just saw that lil clip lolz.

Posted On:
    8/29/2005 9:26pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was really surprised by Shogun's fluidity on the ground. His omoplata attempt was solid, and he really did look comfortable. I just really like his style and attitude. From the fights of his that I've seen (and looking at his record), he goes hard, goes for the finish, and often gets it. When he doesn't, he has the stamina to fight hard the whole time. I'm definitely excited to see where his career goes.

My thought on Silva vs. Arona is that Silva fought like donkey turds and Arona deserved the decision. Arona also made himself out to be a classless asshole with his post-fight conduct.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2005 11:44pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Silva wa being a damn sissy. he refused to engage and I was sitting on my couch screaming "what the f*** are you doing?" Silva deserved to lose that fight 100%

Fedor was doing pretty damn good on his feet, other then those sneaky straight lefts mirko kept throwing.

And shogun is a total badass, he pressed arona to the edge and I think if silva would have done the same it might have turned up differant.

Igor is my favorite fighter of all time, and I won't give up on him. he is getting up there in years and I'm sure that dropping all that weight took away from alot of his punching power. I actually thought it was alot closer with igor doing ALL of the gnp, and pulling out a couple submission attempts, that was a nice knee bar attempt he pulled out from the guard. but close only counts in horse shoes.

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 12:01am

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shillelagh
    ...but then again, everyone beats Tom Erikson by RNC.
    I thought that was Frank Trigg?
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 2:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    rampage lasted longer with a broken rib than arona did shogun dominated a top ten fighter like i have never seen before

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 3:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fight between Fedor and Mirko was amazing in that it went 3 rounds to decision. Those guys throw a lot of fucking weight around- if either one had connected solidly with a strike to the head, that would have been it. That said, I really felt sorry for Cro-Cop; his career may have hinged on this fight. He looked on the verge of tears at the end.

Joe Rogan comment: "MAKE NO MISTAKE FOLKS, THOSE PUNCHES HURT!"
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 3:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cannabis
    rampage lasted longer with a broken rib than arona did shogun dominated a top ten fighter like i have never seen before
    Nor has anyone deserved to get beaten as much as him. It was fucking disgusting to watch him lay and pray a victory over Silva, especially after he pulled that **** on sakuraba with his cuts. But worst of all, he's a just boring fighter.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Professional Swede

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 3:17am

Style: Sandbagged BJJ white belt

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I haven't seen the fights yet, but it's difficult to respect Arona anymore after pulling that **** on Saku and then having zero class towards Silva. He shows no respect towards his opponents and is boring fighter who doesn't even try to finish. His excuse for losing to Shogun was also pretty pathetic. I like seeing BJJ-guys in MMA but I can't stand Arona.
    I pointed at him [the panhandler], bringing my rear hand up in a subtle approximation of the double Wu Sau guard that is the default hand position in Wing Chun Kung Fu.

"Step away," I hissed.
    -Phil Elmore

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 7:39am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just saw the replay on free TV of the Fedor Crocop fight. Fedor did an outstanding job and won hands down. The only time Crocop really hurt him was that straight left that probably broke his nose and even then it didn't rock him.

Watching Crocop he just didn't seem like the Crocop I am used to watching. Now that might have been some nerves for finally getting the fight he wanted, it might have been some timidness after the suprise knockout to Randleman, or it might have been a statement to the power Fedor packs on his feet.

I'm not sure if Crocop gassed on the bottom or if that knee Fedor landed to the ribs hurt him more then it seemed but after that clinch and knee in the 2nd round Crocop was definitely gassed and sucking for air. He still did a great job on the bottom avoiding a beating from Fedor landing a lot of punches and even a few kicks when Fedor would stand up. Although that arm bar attempt he had in the 3rd (or was that an arm bar attempt?) was a rather frightening moment for him.

I was suprised by how much trouble both of them were having with their footing though. Great fight and I hope they have a rematch with Crocop being more aggressive.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast