218358 Bullies, 7193 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/28/2005 2:05am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just got back home, got drug out to a raunchy strip club in north KC by my brother. BTW, I realized I don't have your number KaH. Sorry about that, though I'm not sure your wife would have wanted to go watch scrawny meth-head bitches dance around with looks of pure apathy on their faces.

Yeah, Scrapper did pretty damn well all things considered. The other guy had a hell of a time getting any kind of superior position after he opened up that cut. You did a good job keeping him at bay especially with your face leaking all over the mat.

Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    8/28/2005 2:39am

supporting member
     Style: American Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My wife happens to like scrawny meth head strippers. It's her thing.

"There is no such thing as a bisexual man. If you like dick, you're gay."

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/28/2005 3:31am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good job dude, you have a good attitude.

My nose used to bleed quite easily, it got broken and bent a bit, it's actually more resiliant now...

Chemist

Posted On:
    8/28/2005 8:07am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, you get my respect for just getting in there and doing it to it, It sucks you got your nose broke early, but **** like that happens, at least you know where your skill level was at, and weren't totally in over your head
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2005 9:59am

Style: JKD , Spirit Fingers

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Props for stepping up. More props for going back in after the initial nose break. Better luck next time.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    8/28/2005 10:01am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Scrapper, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. I'd just like to echo what Repulsive Monkey and garbanzobean said. All of my losses (strictly in Bjj tournaments, I'm not a real man or anything) made me a better competitor. Props for having the courage to get into the ring.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    8/28/2005 10:06am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanx guys, I've been reviewing the tape, and I feel good about some of the things I did. As I sit here this morning with a pulled muscle and broken nose, I figure it was a first showing and I shouldn't get too worked up about the mistakes. Just gotta have them fixed for next time!
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

MMA Fighter/Instructor

Posted On:
    8/28/2005 10:17am

Style: Jazzercise

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sweet!!! It does feel better to win. That said, you learned a lot from this fight against a larger more experienced opponent.

For my pro debut I fought Randy Velarde in KOTC at 165. I was 162 soaking wet, and he came down from 180. and Randy was ranked #3 as a lightweight. Sherdog shows I was TKOed in 31 seconds. I thought it was 41, but whatever. It was a good thing he only hit me in the head...I could have been hurt.

I definately agree with your renewed committment to fighting in your own weightclass!Happy healing and get back in there as soon as you can. Respect.

Posted On:
    8/28/2005 10:20am

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    Sadly, folks, I lost tonight. Adrenaline Extremem Combat at the Beaumont in KC.

The nerves got to me. I hate to admit it, but the tunnel vision took over and I lost sight of what I needed to do. Add a little bad luck, and my night was over.

It starts with me giving up what turned out to be about 20 llbs. I came in at 180, and my opponent came n somewhere in the vicininty of 200. But it was either fight this guy or not at all. This was also this guy's 4th fight, so I gave up experience as well. I still thought my chances were good though. But as you will see when Phrost posts the video, I fought like a chump and got my nose broken (badly....4 staples) about 20 seconds into the first round. I actually convinced them to let me keep going with blood spraying out my nose, though.

We reset and I came out smarter and more cautious. I landed a jab/leg kick combo that bought me some respect, but he came charging in with a sloppy shot for the take down. His hands hit my face again and the blood REALLY sprayed. He takes me down and tries for my back. I roll him and he sprawls out, gets mount becuse I am sitting there like a moron drinking my own blood. I chuck him off me and he goes for a keylock, I break that and he tries for punches again.

This is the part I feal really bad about. The ref is a good ref, and knows the business. My opponent gets a hand on my face and teh blood sprays all over the ring in truly graphic fashion.

Ref stoppage at about 2 minutes of round one. I wasn't taking too many hits, and I was defending myself actively and competently (if not brilliantly). My dillemma is this. I wan't hurt too bad, I had plenty of gas, and my opponet was throwing sloppy haymakers and gassing hard. If I had a few more minutes, I could have done this!!!! ARRRGH!!!! But it was probably a good stop. My nose is VERY broken, and only now do I realize how it must have looked to the ref. I pulled my left trapezius pretty hard too.

Things to differently next time:

Fight in my weight class
    Control the nerves
    PROTECT THE NOSE! (I am a bleeder)
    STFU and train more (after I heal. )
    Do not take fights on < 1 week notice.

I feel like a chump. I wanted My first outing to go better. Sorry guys.

Dude, win or lose you reresented and endued a nasty war wound.

What will the children say??? ;)

Good job -- no one wins em all. You lost a match, but you won by learning something, eh? And yer gutsier han I am, that's fer sure.

-daGorilla

Posted On:
    8/28/2005 10:40am

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hey man, props for getting in there.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast