Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    8/28/2005 12:01am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Scrapper goes 0-1: STUPID BLOOD!

Sadly, folks, I lost tonight. Adrenaline Extremem Combat at the Beaumont in KC.

The nerves got to me. I hate to admit it, but the tunnel vision took over and I lost sight of what I needed to do. Add a little bad luck, and my night was over.

It starts with me giving up what turned out to be about 20 llbs. I came in at 180, and my opponent came n somewhere in the vicininty of 200. But it was either fight this guy or not at all. This was also this guy's 4th fight, so I gave up experience as well. I still thought my chances were good though. But as you will see when Phrost posts the video, I fought like a chump and got my nose broken (badly....4 staples) about 20 seconds into the first round. I actually convinced them to let me keep going with blood spraying out my nose, though.

We reset and I came out smarter and more cautious. I landed a jab/leg kick combo that bought me some respect, but he came charging in with a sloppy shot for the take down. His hands hit my face again and the blood REALLY sprayed. He takes me down and tries for my back. I roll him and he sprawls out, gets mount becuse I am sitting there like a moron drinking my own blood. I chuck him off me and he goes for a keylock, I break that and he tries for punches again.

This is the part I feal really bad about. The ref is a good ref, and knows the business. My opponent gets a hand on my face and teh blood sprays all over the ring in truly graphic fashion.

Ref stoppage at about 2 minutes of round one. I wasn't taking too many hits, and I was defending myself actively and competently (if not brilliantly). My dillemma is this. I wan't hurt too bad, I had plenty of gas, and my opponet was throwing sloppy haymakers and gassing hard. If I had a few more minutes, I could have done this!!!! ARRRGH!!!! But it was probably a good stop. My nose is VERY broken, and only now do I realize how it must have looked to the ref. I pulled my left trapezius pretty hard too.

Things to differently next time:

Fight in my weight class
    Control the nerves
    PROTECT THE NOSE! (I am a bleeder)
    STFU and train more (after I heal. )
    Do not take fights on < 1 week notice.

I feel like a chump. I wanted My first outing to go better. Sorry guys.

Edit: as we pick apart the video, things we noticed.

1. I did pretty well preventing him from capitalizing on his position. He couldn't hold mount or make any subs work. He never even hit me that hard. I even make a leg lock attempt at one point. I appear to keep my head about me even as I drink gallons of my own blood. That makes me feel a little better.

2. I eat an illegal knee to the head at one point. (I was on all fours working to stand up, took a knee to the noggin)I never felt it in the ring (But you never feel anything once you're in there), but it is pretty obvious on tape. Truth is, I'd rather lose by a cut, than win by DQ so it is all good.

3. I fight better AFTER my nose gets broken. It's like I needed a crisis to solidify my thinking or something. This is not something I should work into my strategy, however. Nose was broken by a straight left about 5 seconds in.
    Last edited by Scrapper; 8/28/2005 11:20am at .
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/28/2005 12:10am

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well check out the big balls on scrapper. Good for you, Sonny Jim.

I'm sure you'll do better next time out.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    8/28/2005 12:11am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanx, guys. I just wish I could have given us a win.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2005 12:15am

Style: Korean Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Props for getting in the ring man. Sucks about the bleeding, and to lose but can give you new focus with your training.

Question: do they even allow your corner to try and stop the bleeding before calling the fight? Did you have a cutman and could he have done anything or was the nose just too bad?

Hope you heal up ok. Are you going to need surgery or anything to reset it?

Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    8/28/2005 12:18am

supporting member
     Style: American Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good job brother. Scrap gave it his all and a lot of guys would have quit after that first stoppage. There was a lot of blood. You could really tell the weight and experience advantage his opponent had. Good job Scrapper. I hope your next one goes better.

Edit: It was a good stop, you were bleeding bad. Whether or not it was affecting the fight we both know Curtis wouldn't have stopped it unless it was bad.
    Last edited by KickAHippie; 8/28/2005 1:16am at .

"There is no such thing as a bisexual man. If you like dick, you're gay."

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    8/28/2005 12:19am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The doctor actaully tried to stop the bleeding. He wanted to stop the fight but, since it was the nose they let me go on if I wanted to. The nose broke and split the skin inside my left eye orbital, and was bleeding into the eye. That's why the ref wanted it stopped when I was literally spraying everywhere. Of course, if I didn't get hit, it wouldn't have been a problem. That's where the whole "not fighting like a chump" comes in.

It should heal fine. A little crooked maybe, but as my avatar illustrates, I ain't pretty to start with, so it's cool.

Posted On:
    8/28/2005 12:22am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mad props for even stepping in the ring, let alone under those circumstances.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/28/2005 12:24am

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KickAHippie
    Good job brother. Scrap gave it his all and a lot of guys would have quit after that first stoppage.
    **** that. A lot of guys wouldn't have even gotten in the ring with that kind of weight difference.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2005 12:47am

Style: nothing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    I feel like a chump. I wanted My first outing to go better. Sorry guys.
    Hey. We've never talked and I'm a stupid newbie, so take from this what you will.

What the heck are you apologizing for?! You stepped in and gave it a shot while most of us will never even come that close. You'll learn from this and be all that much better the next go around. Good job and keep at it.

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    8/28/2005 1:29am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by amichaell
    Hey. We've never talked and I'm a stupid newbie, so take from this what you will.

What the heck are you apologizing for?! You stepped in and gave it a shot while most of us will never even come that close. You'll learn from this and be all that much better the next go around. Good job and keep at it.

I just really wanted the win! For Bullshido!!!111!!1!1

Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast