Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    8/27/2005 11:07am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Getting "gassed" is typical when first encountering any new physical activity. Funny how some of the BJJ'ers jump in and cite to it as "proof" they are doing great things. Total bullshit.

I could take any MA guy ... toss them into a swim pool and have them start rapidly pulling out laps of the overhand free style stroke. In a minute or so they will be gassed.

I could take any "great BJJ" guy, put him in H'ung Ga's 1000 Pound Horse Stance and the guy will be falling on the floor from shaking within a few minutes.

People say they are in "shape" ... for what? Being in "shape" is target activity specific and it is specific across a wide range of parameters.

Peeps tend to focus on muscle recruitment patterns when getting into "shape" for their activity of choice. That's a good start but not good enough. There is also the matter of intensity level when practicing - training as that conditions the specific metabolic energy pathways employed. Lactic acid clearance rate is an important consideration in line with the above.

Depending on your age ... you probably have about 30 - 45 days of "body hardening" to undergo. It's important that you not miss any classes and walk through the pain. Your body will respond accordingly and make the necessary changes to meet the activity specific imposed demands.

Lay out of class here & there because you aren't "feeling right" and you just prolong the hardening phase. Go through it ... go through it strong and you will emerge "in shape" ... for doing BJJ. John

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2005 11:16am

Style: Shaolin-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks for the advice, i wasn't validating the class as great because I was tired i was just stating that I was tired from 2 1/2 hours of doing something completly new to me. but good advice nonetheless sounds like you know alot about conditioning how long have you been studiyng h'ung gar and SPM(not sure what that is)?

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    8/27/2005 11:17am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Definately do NOT go through the pain. You try to push on, and you body will give up. Good job, instead of taking a day off, you have to take 2 weeks off because you injured yourself. Your body is saying stop. Listen to it.

PL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2005 11:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so you are saying let my body heal first before going to class again? I am not injured just sore, we have class today and no gi class tomorrow should I hold off on today's class or wait and go to tomorrows?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2005 11:32am

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop-Loops
    Definately do NOT go through the pain. You try to push on, and you body will give up. Good job, instead of taking a day off, you have to take 2 weeks off because you injured yourself. Your body is saying stop. Listen to it.

PL
    Seconded. Take it easy in the beginning, build up slowly.

Overtrain and burn out or get injured.

- cod3r

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2005 11:33am

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by arion976
    so you are saying let my body heal first before going to class again? I am not injured just sore, we have class today and no gi class tomorrow should I hold off on today's class or wait and go to tomorrows?
    You know best, but it's a good idea to give muscles a 48 hour break between heavy exercise.

I wouldn't do daily workouts in the beginning despite the enthusiasm factor.

- cod3r

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2005 11:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so again since I am sore should I not go to class today and go tomorrow, my original plan was to go three times a week should I start out with going twice a week and build up to three times a week?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2005 11:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok thanks i'll do that

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2005 11:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Donald Park studies under Royler Gracie, I think a put Rorian Gracie accidently

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    8/27/2005 12:59pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Getting "gassed" is typical when first encountering any new physical activity. Funny how some of the BJJ'ers jump in and cite to it as "proof" they are doing great things. Total bullshit.

I could take any MA guy ... toss them into a swim pool and have them start rapidly pulling out laps of the overhand free style stroke. In a minute or so they will be gassed.

I could take any "great BJJ" guy, put him in H'ung Ga's 1000 Pound Horse Stance and the guy will be falling on the floor from shaking within a few minutes.

People say they are in "shape" ... for what? Being in "shape" is target activity specific and it is specific across a wide range of parameters.

Peeps tend to focus on muscle recruitment patterns when getting into "shape" for their activity of choice. That's a good start but not good enough. There is also the matter of intensity level when practicing - training as that conditions the specific metabolic energy pathways employed. Lactic acid clearance rate is an important consideration in line with the above.

Depending on your age ... you probably have about 30 - 45 days of "body hardening" to undergo. It's important that you not miss any classes and walk through the pain. Your body will respond accordingly and make the necessary changes to meet the activity specific imposed demands.

Lay out of class here & there because you aren't "feeling right" and you just prolong the hardening phase. Go through it ... go through it strong and you will emerge "in shape" ... for doing BJJ. John
    I mean no disrespect. But what the **** spurred this rant?
    More human than human is our motto.
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast