All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    8/31/2005 5:48pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    I thought the standard ettiquette was to treat PMs as if they were private.
    I'm sure I've read long-time bullshido members saying it was bad form to disclose them without the senders permission.
    It's also bad from to ****-talk someone in public and kiss up to them in private. That's behavior I associate with someone thinking about the establishment of a clique-y pecking order.

I'm against clique-y pecking orders.

In a perfect world two wrongs don't make a right, but when it's down and dirty, three lefts do.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2005 5:51pm

Style: Taco Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BJJ wins again???

Judo Instructor

Posted On:
    8/31/2005 5:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First, w.r.t the original topic - I've got a couple other projects that have a higher priority for the next couple days, and I won't have time to digest the information that came up earlier in the thread. I'll need a couple free hours to do justice, so it may be a bit yet.

But I have been popping in to follow the the thread, on and off, and I'd like to chime in briefly on this.

Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    If someone "questions" my claims in any fashion then they are under the burden of proving they have the skill/ability/knowledge to provide an informed opinion with the requested information.
    The burden of proof is always on the person making extraordinary claims. If you have information that can substantiate a claim, it should be freely given. Objectively, if you cannot provice documentation for a statement of fact (in this case, the number, 5, of deaths), that statement is meaningless.

Either provide documentation, or stop defending the statement; let it drop.

The days of my openly sharing with every fukwit that comes down the road are over. It has led to nothing but a continuing onslaught of bullshit laden abuse by punks that don't even have the guts to post under their real name.
    I'm not sure if you intend to imply Cullion or Lohff, so if it's Cullion, I'm mistaken in the next bit.

First, Lohff is a real name.

I asked Lohff's advise on this. From what I've read, here (e.g. http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26051) and in local newspapers, I'm confident enough that Lohff has more, much more, experience with military training than I do.

When I didn't get the simple answer I wanted ("Are 5 deaths in training typical?"), I went to someone whose opinion I trust. I'm also trusting that Lohff would know exactly what to ask for (in this case, I'm assuming it's the SFAS course number) to independently verify the claim. Had he come back to me and said "oh yeah, that **** happens all the time", I'd trust that, also.

Trusting you is a little harder - you've made some statements, with the same tone of authority, about physiology that I'm confident should not be taken at face value.

It's not personal, it's standard procedure - nobody can stand on authority. When in doubt, get a second opinion, especially in the case of an apparently extraordinary claim.

I expect every statement of fact to be challenged, not as an insult, but as a matter of course. So I try not to post any statement of fact without supporting evidence. If I don't have that evidence, either I don't post, or I don't defend, if my statements are challenged.

That's how I was trained.

If you want to continue the discussion of the original topic, then you should drop all these issues of personality, and deal with the facts at hand.

Posted On:
    8/31/2005 9:08pm

Style: mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yrkoon9
    Having an avatar of Tank qualifies you.
    how the hell do i change MY avatar?

Posted On:
    8/31/2005 10:18pm

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The "TCMA can't work in real life" idiots will be gagged for a time. Let's see how many of "them" flock to take me on after getting and eye full of what it really looks like ... of what I really look like.
    What you look like? I might be wrong but I suspect you are a middle aged white guy with a shaved head…

Know I know were Yrkoon9 got his avatar…

http://lionsroar.name/master_john_f_springer.htm

http://www.tonglong.co.uk/index.php?...7_sectionid=11

http://www.tonglong.co.uk/index.php?...7_sectionid=12

I have to complement you John, you look like you are in good shape for an old guy…

But man you need to calm down, you might have a stroke…
    Last edited by Olorin; 8/31/2005 11:07pm at .

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    9/01/2005 5:20am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    It's also bad from to ****-talk someone in public and kiss up to them in private.
    I think it's more the result of attempting to apologise to somebody once they realise they are legit, and then the person they were trying to make amends with ignoring it and carrying on pressing their attack.

I also think mods need to be held to different, stricter standards than ordinary members, with stuff like PMs

Posted On:
    9/01/2005 5:23am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But I agree that men calling women the c-word is unnacceptable. JFS has apologised for this and hasn't done it since.

Posted On:
    9/01/2005 5:43am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick
    We had another loudmouth do the same thing to the UK guys.
    Who was that ?

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    9/01/2005 6:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy
    1. You'll be fighting a Baji guy, that's TCMA vs TCMA.
    That's his primary platform Tomas ... not the whole of what he has. I cite to H'ung Ga and SPM ... that's hardly "all" that I bring to the table in such matters.

2. I think we agreed at some point that there shouldnt be grudge matches at throwdowns. It makes people not want to participate.
    I don't remember "grudge" match ever being raised as an issue, Tomas. The openly blurb on Bullshido clearly sets forth some standards that would preclude such a thing.

3. Note that none of the "TCMA can't work in real life" idiots are coming to the MD throwdown.
    Okay, noted. Not that it would matter if several TD participants were of the
    "TCMA can't ..." as Throwdown is NOT the proper format for resolving such differences. Why did you feel compelled to make points 2 & 3? John

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    9/01/2005 6:12am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    4) Sometimes it's better not to have the last word, but to trust that readers have enough sense to tell who's being reasonable and who isn't.
    Cullion, you should be in Arbitration ... you would make a fortune. Good guidance all the way around ... for me. Thanks, John