Page 49 of 51 First ... 3945464748495051 Last
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    "Icy" Mike Pesesko is apparently also deluded in his own way. Ron Collins is not the guy you want to hype just because he FINALLY stepped up, hombre.
    First I don't think "Icy" Mike had the full 411 on all of Mr. Collins' issue when he made that statement. A lot of stuff came up after, or at least was independently verified, by guys in the Streetbeefs group researching the beef and the individuals involved.

Second to that I don't think "Icy" Mike, like most people here, consider Ninjutsu to be an effective martial art in pretty much any form. So a bunch of other ninjas trash talking Ron for getting beaten when, predictably, none of them would fare any better and they have yet to step up and fight either Ron or someone else... That is where "Icy" Mike is saying, at least Ron stepped up and took a beating. Also in fairness "Icy" Mike made that statement on the day of the beef before Ron started his spin and trash talking campaign that came after.

If you watched the original live broadcast "Icy" Mike and Ron actually spoke afterwards, Mike gave Ron a bunch of advice on how to improve in martial arts in general and fighting in specific, and Ron acted like he took it on board. By and large to anyone who wasn't fully aware of the long Ron Collins saga and how it has played out across the interwebz, watching the live broadcast or being their in person, it would have seemed like Ron was one of those folks who got deluded into the ninja craze, shortcut to being a BAMF that so many people seem to look for, then had the silly knocked out of him by "Icy" Mike. Honestly from the way the post fight convo went down, I was expecting Ron to announce he was hanging up his tabi boots and taking up some sort of MMA based training.

Clearly we saw that the delusion was strong with this one, and within a few days he was right back doing what he had always done. Sad though it may be, we now have the full measure of who Ron Collins is. I highly doubt that "Icy" Mike would make entirely the same statement today. However, I don't know that "Icy" Mike would still take such a fight with Ron Collins today. With everything that has come out, it is unclear whether Ron is psychologically competent enough to actually give informed consent to a fight.

Style
    ninpo nusubito, arnis
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    I don't know that he's deluded, but there's some sort of problem with forests and trees. No, a guy (Ron) who is delusional does not get credit for taking a fight, because his flawed view of reality prevented him from making an accurate assessment of the risks and outcomes. Yes, people who are saying "told you so" about Ron's total inability to fight (after, what fifteen years of claiming to be an instructor?) are validated in their assessment of Ron's uselessness.

Who else can or can not take a punch is irrelevant. Mike's position is like if I went to a restaurant, sent back a chicken dish because it was red in the middle, and had the owner run up to my table and start demanding to see the Michelin starred restaurants I own. I think Mike has a misplaced respect that has been instilled in him from training in a legit, live martial art, his default position is to treat a competitor or training partner as a peer.
    again, i ask: in icy mike's point of view, who is more respectable: the twat collins who went out of his way to commit when history says he never did before or the BSMA twats who are all talk and no show? remember, he can only choose between two parties.

imo, collins properly assessed this fight. iirc, if jaba21 was really him, he was even convincing himself (jaba to ninja ron) to drop the fight. only after the OG-ers tried to stop the BSMA twats from saying the fight won't happen because of tucking, did we get some replies from collins himself that he's commited. remember, this is a validation-starved twat; if he can gain rep at OG for showing up, why not?

collins can judge that it's not good to bang with roley (no matter the reason) even though he had the backing of BDFS back then. his capability for assessing risk is not flawed (else he would be in a straightjacket right now), his coping mechanisms is what is flawed. he can't perform adequate and acceptable responses due to a certain lack of psychological and physical resources. thus he keeps banging on what he knows that fullfils his psychological needs: trash talking to feel superior and sharing his views with those stupid videos to feel somewhat connected to others.

that's why it's no surprise for me that roley came now at OG to present himself as a caring husband and father, which of course, has no bearing on martial legitimacy. presenting themselves as "acceptable" human beings is a way to make us accept their martial arts bullshit subconsciously.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    I don't know that he's deluded, but there's some sort of problem with forests and trees. No, a guy (Ron) who is delusional does not get credit for taking a fight, because his flawed view of reality prevented him from making an accurate assessment of the risks and outcomes. Yes, people who are saying "told you so" about Ron's total inability to fight (after, what fifteen years of claiming to be an instructor?) are validated in their assessment of Ron's uselessness.

Who else can or can not take a punch is irrelevant. Mike's position is like if I went to a restaurant, sent back a chicken dish because it was red in the middle, and had the owner run up to my table and start demanding to see the Michelin starred restaurants I own. I think Mike has a misplaced respect that has been instilled in him from training in a legit, live martial art, his default position is to treat a competitor or training partner as a peer.
    Icy Mike also refused to shake hands or touch gloves after the fight, so clearly he doesn't respect Ron as much as his later posts suggest.

Maybe now Mike is just trying to act honorably, like I said before. At the time of the fight, I don't think he had ANY sense that Ron was either a peer or worthy of respect, in fact the hate from Mike is clearly visible.

Ex post facto though, I think Mike probably decided the best way to make something of value come of it was to at least pretend Ron was just some harmless dude looking to step it up, because the average viewer just won't know the truth or have the time to dive into it.

I had to think back and realize that Icy Mike knows everything Ron has posted/done up to this point, largely because Ron can't help himself. He's basically trying to beat Ron at his own game...you don't have to work very hard to come across as the voice of REASON, when the other voice is Ron Collins'.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_cart View Post
    i beg to differ on that. we need MORE youtube matches, that way we have vids, it did happen, and no amount of words can explain away a loss.
    We really don't need more backyard Youtube matches. Youtube is full of this ninja vs ninja bullshit.

We just need more people training more and talking less.

Every time a Youtube X v. Y video is posted on the Internet, a whole orphanage burns to the ground with all trapped inside. I'd rather watch that than this Mike v. Ron video a second a time.

when you put yourself forward as an authority, make sure that you really have something to stand upon. elmore didn't. iirc, the term "violence geek" was coined at the martialist and adopted by marc macyoung. funny how it described elmore so well..
    I have nothing less than the full authority of Bullshido.net's archive to stand upon when it comes to Phil Elmore. We don't need no steekin' "street sword"!

Style
    Muay Thai
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    Icy Mike also refused to shake hands or touch gloves after the fight, so clearly he doesn't respect Ron as much as his later posts suggest.
    The end of the Facebook live video (since removed) showed Mike shaking his hand afterwards (I think), and then going on a speech about why you shouldn't learn fake martial arts. I have no idea why they didn't include it in the YouTube video.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    mike peseko was only choosing the lesser of two evils with the data he had on hand at the time.
    I think Mike knew exactly what kind of turd he was Gong Sau'ing, and decided to try to out-gonzo the turd in question to produce favorable media.

Again, if that's true...Youtube videos suck. They are manufactured to make casual views believe there is one winner, one loser, and leave out all the IMPORTANT information, such as why the **** did this just happen.

After kicking the turd's ass and even refusing to touch gloves after said ass-kicking, Mike returned to be the humble (concealed) ninja master that he probably is in real life.

Ron Collins, we can agree, is going to warp this whole affair into the next chapter of his epic conspiracy series (Never Back Down, in case anyone is new to RC's fiction).

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    If you watched the original live broadcast "Icy" Mike and Ron actually spoke afterwards, Mike gave Ron a bunch of advice on how to improve in martial arts in general and fighting in specific, and Ron acted like he took it on board. By and large to anyone who wasn't fully aware of the long Ron Collins saga and how it has played out across the interwebz, watching the live broadcast or being their in person, it would have seemed like Ron was one of those folks who got deluded into the ninja craze, shortcut to being a BAMF that so many people seem to look for, then had the silly knocked out of him by "Icy" Mike. Honestly from the way the post fight convo went down, I was expecting Ron to announce he was hanging up his tabi boots and taking up some sort of MMA based training.

Clearly we saw that the delusion was strong with this one, and within a few days he was right back doing what he had always done. Sad though it may be, we now have the full measure of who Ron Collins is. I highly doubt that "Icy" Mike would make entirely the same statement today. However, I don't know that "Icy" Mike would still take such a fight with Ron Collins today. With everything that has come out, it is unclear whether Ron is psychologically competent enough to actually give informed consent to a fight.
    Agreed with the exception of the parts about Mike not knowing Ron's full background beforehand (it's just not possible, given what transpired over time), or the "silly being knocked out" of Ron (that doesn't work with actual crazy people).

Have you seen the video of Ron Collins and the Black Dragon Society thugs dojo storming Don Roley's gym last year, only to back down and walk out? That's what started the video shitstorm between Roley and Collins and honestly...Roley offered to roll with Collins right then and there on camera, and Collins went chicken **** and left.

Style
    Muay Thai
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Took longer than expected for Ron to claim he took a dive...But Mike totally won fair and square...but he still took a dive.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by philb61 View Post
    Took longer than expected for Ron to claim he took a dive...But Mike totally won fair and square...but he still took a dive.
    Oh he took a dive alright. The little ninja bitch ducked out before the fight started to get rough. He felt that little body shot after a couple leg kicks and cried like a little *****. Hence why I said Mike went easy on him. There was no ass kicking involved, the little mentally retarded fat fellow had too much sense and wisdom to let it continue to a real asswhooping. The dude isn't crazy, he is a weak willed punk who is afraid of physical conflict despite claiming to be a covert operative and serious ass kicker.

Anyone who watched the video can hear and see him experience pain for the first time and panic like a noob.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by philb61 View Post

The delusion is strong with this one.

Admittedly I'm no psy-ops or psy-war expert. I've only got a degree in regular run of the mill psychology. However, I'm pretty sure that when your behavioral modification plan relies upon deceit, and you make public statements regarding your deceit, you plan fails. The whole, "bros I was holding back so I could trick Don Roley into fighting me..." thing... lol... you flipping moron, if that were true you just gave yourself away. That is the tactical equivalent of a sniper setting off some sort of light and sound display to show his target just how well hidden he was.

I mean in all seriousness, this is the kind of video you release AFTER you one shot knock out your next opponent. He would hunt up his local train all day MMA gym and essentially live there for the next year, come out, beat the hell out of someone, and then put out a video like this saying he was playing a long con the entire time... Fortunately delusional attention whore frauds seem to be short on both patience and brains.

Page 49 of 51 First ... 3945464748495051 Last