You have to work the look.

Posted On:
    10/30/2010 7:41am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning View Post
    He would be ammenable to it being in our wiki, but considering how people here generally treat him.
    "He would be" as in "he probably would be", or as in "he said he was OK with posting it"? If he said he was OK with posting it, then I don't see why you shouldn't. It's not like Phil doesn't know what his posting bullshido would result in.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/02/2010 10:39pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From Phil's article:

In August, 2007, Ron participated in a thread at the notorious martial-arts troll site, “Bullshido,” in which he again named Reginald Martin and the mysterious Omoto-san as his Koga Ryu Ninjitsu instructors. (At the time he said he did not consider Omoto Ryu Ninjitsu to descend from feudal Japan, but only a few years later he had managed to persuade himself of this; he claimed Omoto Ryu was descended from feudal Japan in his DOJO Press book, Army of Shadows.)
    As much as we've derided his martial arts training videos, the article is well researched/written.

Pen mightier than the sword?

Posted On:
    11/03/2010 2:10am

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's been a few years and we didn't have RTOs in my unit but if I recall correctly, RTO is not an MOS. RTO is a position in a platoon, much like a machinegunner or squad level sharpshooter. Essentially, he's the poor fucker in charge of carrying the radio around. Still an infantryman, but with a big heavy helping of '**** you' on his back.

Quote Originally Posted by ronin7411 View Post
    Guys, I think there's a flaw in the article at the least with my suspicions:

1.) Your FOIA-provided military documentation states quite clearly that beginning on April 25, 2002, while stationed at Camp Howze, your Duty Title was Radio Telephone Opr and your DMOS was 11B1O. Im not concerned with whatever spin youd like to put on it; that is what the documents state. Dont you think its odd that youre arguing about a relatively minor point?

Communications MOS's in the military fall under Field 25 so this is inaccurate from what I see and here is a link on the Communications MOS's of the Army

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlis.../a/25.-uJt.htm

Infantry MOS's fall under Field 11

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlis.../a/11.-uIY.htm

Also the Army MOS Numerical Code 11B10 is an Infantryman Skill Level 1 not a Radio Telephone Operator which I think would follow under Communications like Phil is implying

http://www.us-army-info.com/pages/mos/infantry/11b.html

You can check out the rest of the Army MOS's if you like here it is but I suspect there are flaws in this article

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlis...listedjobs.htm

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 7:33am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp Phil View Post
    For the record, I do not have a problem with my article being posted here, if it were to be.
    Culled:
    I dont see why Phil gets such a hard time here, - No BS MMA and Martial Arts
    Last edited by It is Fake; 11/04/2010 4:32pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 4:43pm

Style: martial arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've actually have trained with Ron Collins I admit it I choked him out with a rear naked choke and tapped him with an amerikana from the mount but I give him my respect because he actually did do some BJJ with me (I'm still a White Belt in BJJ but have been training in it for a year) and tried to hang with me. Along with I took him to my friend's own gym HIT Kickboxing (here's the Facebook of HIT http://www.facebook.com/pages/Griffi...170751?ref=sgm ) and the same thing happened to him with getting tapped out (the guys from HIT use to train with Miguel Torres) but at the least he comes back for more and does like to train in the martial arts. (we switched partners every 3 min. till everyone on the mat gets to roll with everyone and he lost every time but he was ready to roll again when it came to rolling with the next person) He will spar with people I can personally attest to that myself along with other people can attest to it as well that did some BJJ with him and did some Boxing with him as well (he did better boxing with a friend of mine than doing jiu-jitsu). So I can personally attest to Ron Collins with my own eyes doing MMA and BJJ because I've seen him do it myself but just like everyone in the martial arts you can always improve as long as you're training.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 5:20pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did he demonstrate any skill of the level you would expect from somebody teaching martial arts?
    King without a crown

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 6:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He is good at the clinching and tying-up range and tapped me with an elbow lock once (I would say he's more of a traditional Japanese Jujitsu practitioner from where he's good at than a BJJ practitioner who loves the ground like me) but as soon as it went down to the ground he had problems and with his boxing he's cool he gots the Lyoto Machida side step and counter punch thing going on and he used it well with my friend. Now as a MMA instructor or fighter I would give him some time and practice but as a traditional martial artist he's cool.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 11:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh yeah another thing too regarding Ron Collins whether you like him and his material or not I'm a student in CJ and the theories in his Street Focus Jujitsu program show up in my textbooks as well but some of them are worded different but the point about them is still the same.

Here's his Avoidance Theory

YouTube - Street Focus Jujitsu: Avoidance Theory

Aviodance also shows up as a way to resolve conflict in Conflict Management

http://www.fao.org/docrep/w7504e/w75...on%20behaviour

Now here's his Conflict Interaction Theory

YouTube - Street Focus Jujitsu: Conflict Interaction Theory

Now this is one of his theories that the principles are the same but not the title of it because one of theories of victimization called the Precipitation Theory which as simple as it sounds like for trouble long enough and it will find you. (Its on the first page of the article)

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...on.html?cat=72

Now here's Theory of Victimization

YouTube - Street Focus Jujitsu: Theory of Victimization

the basis of the Theory of Victimization is you've been exposed to criminal acts and now since you've seen and you like to do them you're going to become a criminal as well. Well, in Criminology there are 2 crime causation theories one is called Differential Association/ Social Learning Theory where the person is exposed to criminality in their social life and engage in it more because they like it and their social circle likes it too. There is another crime causation theory that is just like the previous one but the person was raised around a criminal environment along with social factors contribute to them becoming criminals which is called Developmental Theory.

http://www.uwec.edu/patchinj/crmj301...ysummaries.pdf

Finally here's his De-Escalation Theory

YouTube - Street Focus Jujitsu: Descalation Theory

Basically as simple as it sounds don't let the conflict get too far get the person to calm down and move on with your lives even it means making amends for it. De-escalation is one of the steps to neutralizing a conflict with someone and it is required to let a conflcit become resolved between two people in conflict.

http://www.beyondintractability.org/...alation_stage/

Also Ron told me what his surprise was but he asked me to not tell anyone I'll let everyone know this much about it it is for real and be expecting one hell of a surprise. :laughing7

Administrator

Posted On:
    11/04/2010 11:35pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uhmm Mabs is not for commercials. Add to the thread or stop posting. What you are doing now is saying he's a good guy and knows what he is talking about. That has nothing to do with what was exposed by Phil Elmore.

Posted On:
    11/06/2010 6:45pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is known as "he's a good guy, and a talented martial artist" defense) "but I can't disprove a word of Elmore's article."

Sorry, please make a better argument using facts to refute Phil's points, if is is possible.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast