I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    9/02/2005 1:42am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan
    For the record it IS Okinawa Shorin Ryu Matsumura Kenpo Karate................ :book1:
    As if one worthless art is any different from the other. :icon_pira
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    9/02/2005 1:45am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Spastic
    I MOST DEFINITELY wanna see Phil vs Kungfoolss.

P.S. Will be learning wrestling for a while once I get cleared. My JKD friend has agreed to a slap-around, but won't concede the rules. (Well, GUIDELINES, really!)
    You're still alive? There is no god... :cry:
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    9/02/2005 1:48am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Strong Machine
    IMO Ettish deserves much of the ridicule.Not for thinking that what he taught would work.Not for his bad fighting in the match.
    But because in interveiws done years after the match he persisted in claiming that he jusat fought poorly and actually was very good at the time of UFC2.
    When asked if he had taken up ground training after the UFC he stated that his system always did have effective groundfighting and that he was skilled even back then.He just got caught.
    Humility is a virtue, it allows us to admit when we're wrong.
    He was a fool to think his silly training prepared him for fighting.But if he was a smarter or more humble man he'd have admitted he had no place in there when highschool wrestlers all over the country could have crushed him, but he wasn't wise enough to actually spar them and find out.
    But as I said, being a fool is not that bad.But not admitting you were a fool is shameful.And lying to yourself is bad too.And Ettish does alot of that.
    He didn't lose because he had 10 minutes notice, or any other excuse.He lost because he sucked.
    He should just admit it.Then admit Rhodes woke him up and he learned for his mistakes.Then he'd be deserving of respect.
    He's been misquoted all around the net as admitting it.But in the one interveiw a friend of mine conducted years after his fight he stated what I say he did above.
    Preach on brother! :biblethum

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    9/02/2005 3:43am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan McScary
    I too, have read "No Holds Barred." Good book.

I really don't see why people respect Ettish though. I mean, he came in looking like a middle aged weenie, not knowing what the hell he was getting himself into (he had never even watched a UFC fight before joining)....
    Yeah no ****. He fought in UFC 2. It's not like there had already been a bunch of them out there to watch.

As to the rest...meh. Who cares. I don't even remember his fight.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Artemis BJJ Co-Founder/Instructor

Posted On:
    9/02/2005 6:30am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Artemis BJJ | Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Bristol Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan McScary
    I would be interested in knowing more about what he has been doing lately though. Anyone find any articles yet?
    There is the one patfromlogan posted earlier, which is a column Ettish writes for NHBFights.com. Looks like he's only just started, as the first column is a welcome, from 16th August 2005, and the second was put up a few weeks ago on 20th September 2005.

I'm assuming this is the same Fred Ettish - these pictures look to be recent (again assuming that the person photographed is the writer; seems to be the case):

No moustache, but wearing the same gi, in a similar pose to this:

And a pic from sherdog, showing Ettish in UFC2:

Doing a google brings up this thread, which may or may not be the real Fred Ettish posting - sounds relatively humble on there; asked if he was THE Fred Ettish, he replied "To the best of my knowledge, I am the only Fred Ettish in the world, but I am definitely not a celebrity." He then went on to say in his next post "I usually use Mr., Ms., etc., until I either know someone well enough to use first names or receive their permission to do so. Just the way I was raised, I guess"

It also has his email on his profile, if someone wants to contact him and ask the questions StrongMachine put forward - of course, that is again assuming this is the same guy (profile info says he's 49 and from North Kansas City, which I think fits).

I can't find any of his posts on mma.tv, but then I've always had problems logging in to the Underground, for some reason.
    Last edited by slideyfoot; 9/03/2005 2:29am at . Reason: angelfire, so changed picture source

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    9/02/2005 7:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfoolss
    You're still alive? There is no god... :cry:
    I beg to differ, Fool. There IS a "god" of some sort who loves degenerate genetic accidents like yourself. That's why there are so many of you.

P.S. Promise me, PROMISE me, you'll never breed. ALTHOUGH your conduct is likely to drive women away from you as surely as you drive away anyone else.

P.P.S. If you are so concerned about my being alive, feel free to use your lukewarm American SCARS mysticism on me at any point of our meeting. And we will meet, you funny little pretzel stick of a person.

Now shut up, invite Mr Elmore to Hawaii and videotape it.
    Last edited by Toby Christensen; 9/02/2005 7:08am at .
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    9/02/2005 8:24pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Spastic
    I beg to differ, Fool. There IS a "god" of some sort who loves degenerate genetic accidents like yourself. That's why there are so many of you.

P.S. Promise me, PROMISE me, you'll never breed. ALTHOUGH your conduct is likely to drive women away from you as surely as you drive away anyone else.

P.P.S. If you are so concerned about my being alive, feel free to use your lukewarm American SCARS mysticism on me at any point of our meeting. And we will meet, you funny little pretzel stick of a person.

Now shut up, invite Mr Elmore to Hawaii and videotape it.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345