Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/23/2005 10:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Aikido Master Ki Blasting People (UK)

Some days ago, Cod3r, a bullshido member, said he had witnessed a high ranked Aikido instructor

zapping someone 15 ft away. With his KI. He dropped like a stone.

He ellaborated a bit more:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...&postcount=261
    Quote Originally Posted by cod3r
    To begin with Shihan and the other person were separated by 15 ft of thin air.

I didn't see any power-up or anything; difficult to describe in words. The Shihan somewhat calmly, quickly but not very suddenly pointed an open palm towards the other person. I don't think he (edit: i.e, the other person) was making any effort to attack. The other person dropped directly on the spot, he didn't roll or fly across the room.
    Of course, Cod3r was asked about instructor's name, withouth success.

Then I asked in another forum and with the clues given by Cod3r i began to think the instructor's name is:

Mr. Ralph Reynolds, principal coach of the British Aikido Fellowship.

The Aikido Fellowship Of Great Britain - Head Quarters
    Birmingham Sports Centre,
    201 Balsall Heath Road,
    Highgate,
    Birmingham
    B12 9DL

Also, Grant posted

Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    Where in the UK is this guy? I'll make the journey with a camera.
    So, Grant, (or any interested) if you want to confirm what Cod3r says, you have an adress.

In any case, i can't be 100% sure the instructor with the "amazing powers" witnessed by Cod3r is Mr. Reynolds.

I think Mr. Reynolds needs to be politely requested to have his "ki powers" tested under a scientific approach.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/23/2005 10:17am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't confuse these people with reality.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    8/23/2005 10:20am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let this people confuse another people with their dellusions?

Still digging on James Brown

Posted On:
    8/23/2005 10:29am

Style: BJJ & Judo (1k)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So does this sensei himself claim to be able to kizap people or did someone else do it?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2005 10:52am

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The bottom line is aikido is not, and will never be ring tested. That opens up the possibility of any number of people making claims they know they will not have to back up.

DCS linked to a thread in AikiWeb. There were some sensible posts there, so I took a few moments to register and peruse the rest of their forums.

For me it clarified a lot of what I have been thinking about Aikido. I have never seen so much concentrated dumbfuckery in one place. Every... post... made me... want... to.... cry...

I am not a quitter damnit, but the death knell to my Aikido practice is sounding in the distance.

Too bad because in many ways it is a valid art.

Unfortunately I can not see a line that can be drawn between the valid Aikidokas and the bullshit artists.

And I won't even go into the Ki blasting stuff.

- cod3r

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2005 10:57am

Style: Aikido/Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Never heard of the guy. If you want a list of non japanese shihans then try aikiweb or aikido journal. As I understand ki it has to do with keeping your one point aka your center of gravity and moving and breathing from said one point while at the same time being relaxed. As to ki blasts and such never heard any aikido instrutor at any time ever talk about such a thing...ever.

Posted On:
    8/23/2005 10:59am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGALEF
    So does this sensei himself claim to be able to kizap people or did someone else do it?
    Cod3r said he witnessed an aikido instructor ki zapping people (3 times).

Quote Originally Posted by Cod3r
    Unfortunately I can not see a line that can be drawn between the valid Aikidokas and the bullshit artists.
    We're here to help to draw that line.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2005 11:00am

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also I would like to add, before everyone starts baying for blood, that Shihan Reynolds is a legit Aikidoka:

"He is generally accepted as one of the foremost exponents of Aikido in the U.K. today. Shihan founded the Fellowship around the early 1960's at the Birmingham Sports Centre (previously the Birmingham Athletic Institute). Now with a network of clubs throughout England.

Shihan originally started his Aikido career in the early 1950's initially under the tutelage of Kenshiro Abbe Sensei.

Some years later Nakazano Sensei visited the UK as a representative of the Japanese Aikikai. During his visit to the UK Mr. Nakazano graded a few of Abbe Sensei's students to Dan grade (Black Belt). One of these students was Shihan Reynolds. After returning to Japan Mr. Nakazano issued Shihan's Dan grade Certificate, which was signed by Morihei Ueshiba himself.

It was not long after this that Shihan started the Aikido Fellowship. Shihan pioneered the practicing of Aikido in the West Midlands and most of today's senior ranking Dan grades were originally instructed by Shihan himself.

In 2000, the City of Birmingham honored Shihan for over 40 years of coaching by presenting him with a "Life Time Achievement" award from the Birmingham Sports Advisory Council. This achievement was also recognised by the British Aikido Board who also presented Shihan with an award in the same year."

To me at least the above amounts to some serious credit. The person did not create an association and called himself "Soke" yesterday.

- cod3r

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2005 11:03am

Style: Aikido/Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No one teaches ki blasts in legit dojos since they dont exist.

Posted On:
    8/23/2005 11:05am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No one claims Mr. Reynolds background/lineage/aikido skill to be bullshit.

We're talking about KI ZAPPING PEOPLE FROM 15 FT AWAY!!!

That is bullshit and deserves to be publically tested.
    Last edited by DCS; 8/23/2005 11:07am at . Reason: various typos
Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast