Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/01/2005 2:16am

Style: gongfu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay.......

So there was an article written by a shaolin disciple about bsl vs wl origin ( also himself being research Freeeak!!!) that probably can make consisant with most storys and myths here and ;likely make one sequitousstpry between them all.

Pretext = buying the ng moi ( regardless of is fml / ml) / shaolin 5 elders tale .....

come with me..........

in several hrs.work calls gotta run .sory mmmsorry..is a story .does make sense ..will later ........

:qleft2: @need to survive and work...... :icon_salu and lol :)

BtL

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    11/01/2005 5:57am

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just for everyones attention:

This tool Blooming Lotus spouts tons of poop and much of it is made up in their mind.

Dont waste your time.

Dont just take my word on it, you will see the crap they spout.

Let the Dimwit games begin.

Bumppa bumpa Bahhh!!!

BL, Slag off you tool.

Dale

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/06/2005 5:27am

Style: Arnis, WC, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blooming lotus
    Okay.......

So there was an article written by a shaolin disciple about bsl vs wl origin ( also himself being research Freeeak!!!) that probably can make consisant with most storys and myths here and ;likely make one sequitousstpry between them all.

Pretext = buying the ng moi ( regardless of is fml / ml) / shaolin 5 elders tale .....

come with me..........

in several hrs.work calls gotta run .sory mmmsorry..is a story .does make sense ..will later ........

:qleft2: @need to survive and work...... :icon_salu and lol :)

BtL
    This post so needs a moderator...

Blooming Lotus, I suggest you sober up before posting next time :coffee:

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    11/06/2005 2:30pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wgungfu
    There was a conscious effort not to editorialize the chapters provided by these people (such as Eddie), and the distinction between Wing and Weng (including presentation and explination of the roots of the characters) is presented elsewhere in the book as well as on Rene's web site.
    It is true that the book does attempt to present an unbiased approach to generalize the different Wing Chun, and it does a good job educating the public that there is more then just Yip Mans Branch on the tree. In reading, it does seem that the editors generalized the history given from each author so as to give the book a more readable presentation. I agree that they do cover alot of these points at the end of the book, which is probubly the best part.

As to earlier posts, footnotes and end notes would validate the authors presentations. Even the authors themselves should footnote their sources. The editors should have noted any third party validations as well. They do this in the end of the book as an overview so it doesn't really matter.

No, he was a student of Ken Cheung's who in turn was a student of Leung Sheung.
    When I meet him, he compared himself (or his Wing Chun) to that of Leung Tings beginning, as in "from Leung Sheung". Then he said he did not know what Ting had done after that, implying Ting made stuff up, while Eddie was a pureist. He may have said Ken Cheungs name, it was a long time ago....

Why would that be listed in a section on Pan Nam?
    It is not anywhere in the book, that I can find. This gives the impression to readers that Eddie Cheung does only Pang Nam style, and that what he teachs is pure Pang Nam. In the geneology at the back he is not listed in the Leung Sheung line, or the Ken Cheung Line. It only matters in terms of historians trying to figure out what is taught, by whom, and such.

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516