230715 Bullies, 4197 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 53
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Transcendent Sunchips is offline
    Transcendent Sunchips's Avatar

    Happy birthday to me.

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Nazareth, Galilee
    Posts
    1,155

    Posted On:
    8/21/2005 7:59am

    supporting member
     Style: Bocksing, ngBJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's been 6 MK games, unless you count Trilogy and Ultimate 3.

    How are fatalities realistic?
  2. MEGALEF is offline

    Still digging on James Brown

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lund, Sweden
    Posts
    1,333

    Posted On:
    8/21/2005 10:46am


     Style: BJJ & Judo (1k)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By ultra realistic I meant ridiculously painful and Seagalesque.
    By finishing moves I meant the close range moves performed instead of a throw. Like Scorpions armpit-punch or that chick who twists heads around with her legs.
  3. Poop Loops is offline
    Poop Loops's Avatar

    OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Americastan
    Posts
    10,025

    Posted On:
    8/21/2005 10:49am

    supporting member
     Style: In Transition

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh my God, you are so out of it. :P

    Fatalities are finishing moves (hence "FINISH HIM!" beforehand). Those are just bone breaks which are REALLY shitty. You break the guy's knee, he puts it back into place and keeps fighting? How is that realistic? Also, they only do like 1% damage. I hate those games.

    PL
  4. Transcendent Sunchips is offline
    Transcendent Sunchips's Avatar

    Happy birthday to me.

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Nazareth, Galilee
    Posts
    1,155

    Posted On:
    8/21/2005 11:00am

    supporting member
     Style: Bocksing, ngBJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGALEF
    By ultra realistic I meant ridiculously painful and Seagalesque.
    By finishing moves I meant the close range moves performed instead of a throw. Like Scorpions armpit-punch or that chick who twists heads around with her legs.
    How is setting back a broken limb and being able to fight at 100% functionality realistic?

    Any close range move that breaks through a guard is considered a throw in a fighting game, not a finishing move. Would you consider Blanka's bite or E. Honda's bear hug a throw or a "finishing move"? The only exception to throws being unblockable is MK:DA, but we know that Ed Boon hired former helmet testing lab monkeys to design the game's engine.
  5. Mui-Tou is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3

    Posted On:
    10/04/2005 12:28pm


     Style: VaTuNi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirobake
    Before I get any crap out of this, NO! The people at Midway who made Mortal Kombat did NOT invent the Lin Kuei. For one thing, if you bought the special edition of either of the last games, there is bonus footage on the origins of their creating the series. When going through a segment about "MK Mythologies: Sub Zero", Pat Boon (the Noob in Noob Saibot) explains that they did alot of extensive research into Chinese and other Asian mythologies, and stumbled onto the Lin Kuei, who were similar to the ninjas. Also, there are a number of books, by Li Hsing and Leung Tring that you can check on Amazon.com which are about the Lin Kuei, and which pre-date the Mortal Kombat series (don't look at the date added, these were written before the internet was even up).

    The problem is, if you do a Google Search, every fan boy and their mama already has an MK themed website up about it, essentially ruining ones chances of finding anything legit out about them. Does anyone have any hard facts? :XXbazooka
    What would anyone on here consider hard facts. First off, someone on here mentioned an alias Li Hsing. Does anyone on here claim to know who this person really is and what he may be up to nowadays? Second, if a person has some form of indirect lineage of let's say, "The ways of the forest demon", what would such an art look like today? Instead of living in the forest, carrying around a sword and killing hikers and campers so you can steal their food, etc, etc...One might think todays Lin Kuei would be skilled in Vale Tudo with a dirty(Ninjitsu) twist and workouts that could make a BUD/S candidate puke. And instead of carrying around a sword, they learn how to use a good folding knife(close quarter skills, mete hanap, grappling with blades). Another area might be computer espionage, electronic evesdropping, combat firearm skills, lock picking, surveillance, natural poisons, deception, breaking and entering, disguises, etc. The list could go on and on. If ya think about it though, the military, uh um, er should i say, the government may just have such animals...so to speak.

    I guess what i'm trying to say, is that, is it remotely possible that a small group of individuals exist? And is it also possible that such groups do nothing but lay around and think of and train in ways for the sole purpose of getting the upper hand?

    I welcome any and all comments? I'm curious. Thanks for your time.
  6. bad credit is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    1,448

    Posted On:
    10/04/2005 3:57pm


     Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have both of the Leung Ting books. He never mentions Lin Kuei. He just calls 'em Vagabonds throughout.
  7. Mui-Tou is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3

    Posted On:
    10/04/2005 4:56pm


     Style: VaTuNi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bad credit
    I have both of the Leung Ting books. He never mentions Lin Kuei. He just calls 'em Vagabonds throughout.
    i was referring to the other author...i have no idea who this Leung Ting character is.
  8. MEGA JESUS-SAMA is offline
    MEGA JESUS-SAMA's Avatar

    **** you math class

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pirate Island
    Posts
    7,038

    Posted On:
    10/04/2005 5:21pm

    supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Update: Mortal Kombat still sucks.
  9. Gezere is offline
    Gezere's Avatar

    My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Rhineland Pfalz, Der Vaderland
    Posts
    10,587

    Posted On:
    10/04/2005 7:11pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mui-Tou
    What would anyone on here consider hard facts. First off, someone on here mentioned an alias Li Hsing. Does anyone on here claim to know who this person really is and what he may be up to nowadays? Second, if a person has some form of indirect lineage of let's say, "The ways of the forest demon", what would such an art look like today? Instead of living in the forest, carrying around a sword and killing hikers and campers so you can steal their food, etc, etc...One might think todays Lin Kuei would be skilled in Vale Tudo with a dirty(Ninjitsu) twist and workouts that could make a BUD/S candidate puke. And instead of carrying around a sword, they learn how to use a good folding knife(close quarter skills, mete hanap, grappling with blades). Another area might be computer espionage, electronic evesdropping, combat firearm skills, lock picking, surveillance, natural poisons, deception, breaking and entering, disguises, etc. The list could go on and on. If ya think about it though, the military, uh um, er should i say, the government may just have such animals...so to speak.

    I guess what i'm trying to say, is that, is it remotely possible that a small group of individuals exist? And is it also possible that such groups do nothing but lay around and think of and train in ways for the sole purpose of getting the upper hand?

    I welcome any and all comments? I'm curious. Thanks for your time.

    1) Lin Kuei was made up. They NEVER existed. EVER. This was cemented when a Chinese (nationality) hisotry (chinese history) professor and MA LAUGHED at the book CHINA NINJA CONNNECTION. I laughed too.

    2) Li Hsing is a PSUEDONYM (ie who white guy taking an asian name)

    3) Believing otherwise is pure stupidity.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

    RIP SOLDIER

    Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

    You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
  10. Phoenix is offline
    Phoenix's Avatar

    Stand and Deliver!

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,677

    Posted On:
    10/04/2005 7:14pm

    supporting member
     Style: JKD Concepts, Kyokushin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't believe you guys are still talking about this.
    "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.