Our Sponsors:

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/20/2011 11:34pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No! paragraphs are not foreign to me at all. It's like a flash back. I remember asking the same questions and reacting the same ways. It's funny how you see things differently as you get older and hopefully maturer. Life has it's way to mess with you. Not to say that everyone is wrong, NO! Every comment and response on here is legit. It is just at a different phrase or state. As you grow you will see :)...peace!

Posted On:
    5/20/2011 11:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No! paragraphs are not foreign to me at all. It's like a flash back. I remember asking the same questions and reacting the same ways. It's funny how you see things differently as you get older and hopefully maturer. Life has it's way to mess with you. Not to say that everyone is wrong, NO! Every comment and response on here is legit. It is just at a different phrase or state. As you grow you will see :)...peace!

Posted On:
    5/21/2011 2:50am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    5/21/2011 4:07am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    6/23/2013 8:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Internal styles

Hell yeah! Hell no!

This Again?

I posted in another thread about Sifu Cheuk Fung, but I do not know if it was a prior thread or a later thread than the current thread, so I will keep it simple:

If I have personal knowledge and experience that Sifu Cheuk Fung can do one "impossible" thing, then inductive logic should lead me to allow that Sifu Cheuk Fung may be able to do other "impossible" things. Will you grant the intelligence of this argument?

I was invited by Sifu Cheuk Fung to press against and bend one of his arms stretched towards me in a wide curve. I could not do so with all my strength and body weight. I was larger than Sifu Cheuk Fung, and I was calisthenically toned from head to toe, and I was an amateur boxer. He further invited me to continue trying, but to use one of my hands to feel his upper arm as I tried. I did so, and his arm was as soft and untensed as a sleeping baby. That is "impossible."

There are more, unnecessary details that I discussed in the other thread, but the point is made that Sifu Cheuk Fung did something "impossible" and that I have direct, personal knowledge and experience of that fact.

The three possibilities are that I am lying, or that I am stupid, or that I am telling the truth.

In contrast, many of you posting here have your "belief" as your proof. Not one of you have posted your direct, physical experience as proof. Will you grant that your armchair, mental laboratory is a prejudice, not a proof?

That, frankly, is what I believe Sifu Cheuk Fung means when he told some of you that "it is too late for you." Your beliefs and prejudices are ossified. Your attitudes are violently immoral (demanding contests, etc.). He does not want you as a student.

If I get my poop together financially so that I have the economic and personal freedom to go and ask for Sifu Cheuk Fung's permission to be his student again, I will do so (and I hope that my defense of him on the Internet will not go against me, for he is far more than a master of a martial art, he is a rich and rare resource).

For anyone truly interested in learning an internal martial art from a real and rare internal master, think about the logic of those who demand that Sifu Cheuk Fung impress them as if they themselves are the measure of it all. The Universe is more unkind to us than that, and reality will always be different from exactly what we want -- our childhood megalomania notwithstanding.
    Last edited by raydpratt; 6/23/2013 8:05pm at . Reason: mispelling

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/23/2013 8:43pm

Style: aikido

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ray, that "impossible" thing you just described is colloquially known as the "unbendable arm". It is a simple biomechanical trick that I see all the time in my own art of aikido. There is nothing supernatural about it. Anyone can learn to do it, and the fact that Fung can do it is not even remotely close to evidence that he can perform acts of telekinesis.

There is no video evidence anywhere that martial arts telekinesis works on people who do not believe it works, and there is plenty of video evidence that it does not. In light of this, it is reasonable to expect proof from Fung, and it is reasonable not to believe him until proof is provided.

At this point, I would normally recommend that you get to Newbietown to try and learn how things work around here, but I suspect you're not interested in being part of the Bullshido community. I think you're here to resurrect one eight-year-old thread and tell us we're all ignorant fools for not believing in Fung's magic tricks, and will disappear when your words do nothing to sway us.

I'd love for you to prove me wrong, though.
    Last edited by OwlMatt; 6/23/2013 8:57pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/24/2013 1:38am

Style: TKD BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, the "unbendable arm" is something that I do quite a lot in my BJJ class when I am trying to defend an americana or kimura attack from the side mount.

So basically, Ray, if I were to vote on one of your three possibilities ... I'd go with stupid.

Posted On:
    7/04/2013 11:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Internal styles

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by weechey View Post
    Actually, the "unbendable arm" is something that I do quite a lot in my BJJ class when I am trying to defend an americana or kimura attack from the side mount.

So basically, Ray, if I were to vote on one of your three possibilities ... I'd go with stupid.
    Okay, Weechy, and I appreciate you not calling me a liar. But if your unbendable arm is done without any muscular effort in your upper arm, then why are you not Bullshido?

Posted On:
    7/05/2013 12:42am

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by raydpratt View Post
    If I have personal knowledge and experience that Sifu Cheuk Fung can do one "impossible" thing, then inductive logic should lead me to allow that Sifu Cheuk Fung may be able to do other "impossible" things. Will you grant the intelligence of this argument?
    This is very ambiguous. If you could verifiably prove that SCF can perform impossible feats then no, it would not rule out the possibility that he could do others. It would not mean that he could, either.

I was invited by Sifu Cheuk Fung to press against and bend one of his arms stretched towards me in a wide curve. I could not do so with all my strength and body weight. I was larger than Sifu Cheuk Fung, and I was calisthenically toned from head to toe, and I was an amateur boxer. He further invited me to continue trying, but to use one of my hands to feel his upper arm as I tried. I did so, and his arm was as soft and untensed as a sleeping baby. That is "impossible."
    I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark here and suggest that where SCF asked you feel his "upper arm" was in fact just his bicep, and not his tricep (you know, the muscle group responsible for extending the arm). Keeping the arm straight (extended) engages the triceps, not the biceps. This is not impossible, this is simply how the body works.

There are more, unnecessary details that I discussed in the other thread, but the point is made that Sifu Cheuk Fung did something "impossible" and that I have direct, personal knowledge and experience of that fact.
    well no, it means he's learned to isolate a muscle group in a particular instance and that your unverifiable "knowledge" of what happened failed to explain it.

In contrast, many of you posting here have your "belief" as your proof. Not one of you have posted your direct, physical experience as proof. Will you grant that your armchair, mental laboratory is a prejudice, not a proof?
    An inability to understand, account for or explain a direct physical experience does not constitute proof. Posting anecdotal experiences does not constitute proof. What is does is highlight the reason for some peoples misguided beliefs...
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Posted On:
    7/05/2013 8:30am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, Weechy, and I appreciate you not calling me a liar. But if your unbendable arm is done without any muscular effort in your upper arm, then why are you not Bullshido?
    I would suggest there is a fourth possible outcome - that you are not educated on certain things. That's why people like James Randi was so successful at outting fakes; as a professional magician, his job was to create illusions and deceptive movement.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast