Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Seeker of Knowledge

Posted On:
    8/18/2005 4:42am

supporting member
     Style: Chen Style Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice one Bunyip... I hate the arm waving do gooding politically correct beatnik brigade palming off **** as the real thing... (although to be fair it sounds like only his students belong to that crowd and hes just making some money...)
    "If you can get it from my kungfu grip then you can have it... otherwise... step off b*t*h!!!" - Meet the Parents

"Hetero or Homo I don't see anyone telling him, "NO SIR I WILL NOT TAKE IT IN THE ASS!!!" " - Asia

"My neighbor has what he calls an "immortality potion" that will let you live forever.
    People have been telling him that it's stupid and will not work... for 1200 years." - Leodom

Banish Uncertainty
    Affirm Strength
    Hold Resolve
    Expect Death - read in a book

http://uk.360.yahoo.com/shadowdh

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/18/2005 8:24am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arahoushi
    Taikiken? Body energy fist?

(The correct Nihongoization of tai chi chuan woud be daikiken, if I'm not mistaken.)
    TAI JI QUAN in Japanese is TAI KYOKU KEN (Grand/Big Extreme Fist)

TAI KI KEN is (Grand/Big Energy Fist)
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2005 1:40pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    can any of the students supposedly use this chi power, or just the teacher?

from the looks of the videos it looks like all the students learn is how to jump backwards and stomp on the ground really hard as they land.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2005 2:07pm

Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    old man needs ppl to jump back for him lmfao

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2005 3:45pm

Style: Aunkai, Tokyo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They're being flung away from them as he sprays them with his chi, didn't u know that? :5badair: Special chinese secret, eat many beans.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2005 4:40pm

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Upyu
    They're being flung away from them as he sprays them with his chi, didn't u know that? :5badair: Special chinese secret, eat many beans.
    LOL. i swear to you...I'm going from tears to laughter and back to tears with this...yet another nail in the coffin of the CMA! It's a sad sad world.
    I imagine that things like these would be pretty hard to pull in the old days...if you talked about your awesome powers of destruction and invencible streak I guess someone would call your bluff sooner or later...and I'm theorizing this from all the stories that you hear of challenge matches almost to the 70's and maybe beyond. I wish I had a time machine so I could see the bullshido artists of the day and maybe see them get owned. The scary part is that some of them could actually be our style founders! Humm...:XXsunsmil

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2005 4:40pm

Style: Ju d'oh!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well after reading through that its time to spin the wheel of morals(Tm/Stolen from the Animaniacs cartoon) wheel of morality turn turn turn show us the lesson that we should learn....and it is...'Sometimes the only cure for stupidity is Vehicular Assault'...hmmm...
    :car24:

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    8/18/2005 4:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gosai
    Well after reading through that its time to spin the wheel of morals(Tm/Stolen from the Animaniacs cartoon) wheel of morality turn turn turn show us the lesson that we should learn....and it is...'Sometimes the only cure for stupidity is Vehicular Assault'...hmmm...
    :car24:
    I love you
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/18/2005 4:51pm

Style: Ju d'oh!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by feedback
    I love you
    Hopefully in a strictly non old prison movie fasion, course if I get a good dinner and a few date rape drugs out of the deal so I wont remember anything go hogwild :kiss:

Lightweight

Posted On:
    8/18/2005 4:56pm

supporting member
     Style: no gi bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokujin
    LOL. i swear to you...I'm going from tears to laughter and back to tears with this...yet another nail in the coffin of the CMA! It's a sad sad world.
    I imagine that things like these would be pretty hard to pull in the old days...if you talked about your awesome powers of destruction and invencible streak I guess someone would call your bluff sooner or later...and I'm theorizing this from all the stories that you hear of challenge matches almost to the 70's and maybe beyond. I wish I had a time machine so I could see the bullshido artists of the day and maybe see them get owned. The scary part is that some of them could actually be our style founders! Humm...:XXsunsmil

no to split hairs, but doesn't it seem like it would be just as easy to hustle your students and propogate BS etc. back in the day (lets say pre 20th century)?

With no internet (and communications in general severely limited), knowledge wasn't as democratized as it is now. You couldn't consult with experts and you couldn't verify someone's expertise as easily.

Without Bullshido.net I may have never gotten the reality check i needed - i think that the less information available to the student, the more easily they can be taken advantage of.

That being said - if you can see with your own eyes that your master is getting his ass handed to him by a challenger, well.... then it should be obvious.

So, anyone know how common were challenge matches back in the day?
    Last edited by theraydiator; 8/18/2005 5:00pm at .
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast