Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 8:25pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do not believe they are Eagle Claw based. I know they're tournament oriented as the Sifus take many of their better students to compete in form competitions. Sparring wise I believe they do light to hard contact striking sparring for adults only. Children aren't allowed to spar since they can't sign waivers and parents rarely sign waivers. (makes sense) From what I could tell there was a large emphasis on forms in the classes.

In competitions the school tends to wear those silky Kung Fu full body uniforms(according to photos I saw). In class they wear a T-shirt, long pants, and a sash. I didn't see any sort of Shaolin uniform in tournament pictures or the school itself.

Posted On:
    4/18/2006 9:16pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate to revive a dead thread...
    but during my stay in CA I find I have to say... stay away from Omei Kung Fu. (one in Fremont at least)

They're pretty much all form oriented and spend very little time with any sort of applicable self-defense. Also, it seems they rely on annual contracts to entrap their students. One unhappy pair of students expressed that they thought that they learned "nothing useful" and that in a fight Omei wouldn't do squat. When I inquired as to why they took it they replied that they had signed a THREE YEAR contract.

Yeah... so if you're really form oriented and love contracts, go to Omei Kung Fu.
    Fin

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    4/18/2006 10:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Draw up a little review for the MA school database, okay?
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/27/2008 5:46pm

Style: Grappling & Lifting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone on Bullshido visited the Sacramento location? I've heard they are very into sparring (which I like) but that they don't teach much technique at all. They are relativey close by, I'd just like to get an idea before I check the place out, see if there are any horror stories.

I'm interested in their San Shou (San So - as they call it).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12