Posted On:
    8/17/2005 4:59am

Style: 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

O-Mei Kungfu

Another great Kungfu-School :

http://www.omeikungfu.com/html/trainingprograms.htm

Kung Fu - Kung Fu Wu Su is a Chinese martial art which dates back over six thousand years. Written documentation on the exact history Kung-Fu Wu-Su has never been uncovered;

Broken down, Kung means discipline; Fu means person; hence, a disciplined person. Wu means martial; Su means technique or skill; hence, a martial skill.

Don't miss this:

http://www.omeikungfu.com/html/promotions.htm

http://www.omeikungfu.com/html/aboutus.htm

Historically, the O-Mei school was very selective in its admission methods. Because of this restrictive process, O-Mei Kung Fu is not as widely spread as its counterparts, Shaolin and Wu Dang. It is often viewed as a very secretive martial arts system.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 5:07am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

hmm...

Theres a funny little voice in the back of my head telling me I would learn more about Kung Fu by just watching the complete first season I just bought, instead of this asswhipe "ancient and recently rediscovered" crap...David Carradine rocks! :new_blueg

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 10:20am

Style: Kickboxing/Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omei Chinese martial arts actually did exist. No idea if this school has anything to do with them.

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 12:38pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd have to see the pricing to decide if this is a McDojo or not. For the most part, it seems to offer Traditional Chinese Martial Arts in a manner that is fairly honest. The only thing that makes me worry is this pic of their san so instructor. More likely than not he was just goofing around during sparring and it seemed to them like a good thing to put on a website. It doesn't really seem like Bullshido to me, minus the somewhat silly names for the San So/Shou/whatever techniques they had listed. Seems more likely to have valid training with McDojo pricing, but even the McDojo pricing isn't a certainty, since it isn't listed. All the traditional Chinese mysticism seems to be there, but it is probably pretty hard to find a TCMA school that lacks that, just like it is hard to find a BJJ school without at least one person that thinks Rickson is 400-0.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 2:54pm

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by garbanzobean
    I'd have to see the pricing to decide if this is a McDojo or not. For the most part, it seems to offer Traditional Chinese Martial Arts in a manner that is fairly honest. The only thing that makes me worry is this pic of their san so instructor. More likely than not he was just goofing around during sparring and it seemed to them like a good thing to put on a website. It doesn't really seem like Bullshido to me, minus the somewhat silly names for the San So/Shou/whatever techniques they had listed. Seems more likely to have valid training with McDojo pricing, but even the McDojo pricing isn't a certainty, since it isn't listed. All the traditional Chinese mysticism seems to be there, but it is probably pretty hard to find a TCMA school that lacks that, just like it is hard to find a BJJ school without at least one person that thinks Rickson is 400-0.
    Given that it's in California, be assured of high prices and contracts.

There is a local O-Mei school in Orlando. Not bullshido, maybe McDojo.

Our styles usually don't meet in the local tournaments......

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 3:33pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow I VISITED that school TODAY!

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 3:35pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If anyone has any questions I can ask my cousins about it and stuff since they attend this school. I'm just visiting them for this week and decided to spectate.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 5:57pm

Style: Short Fist & Pak Mei

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it eagle claw based? The logo looks like someone in an eagle claw posture. The hands on the kung fu page also look like something from Eagle Claw.

Why is there a guy in a shaolin uniform on the front page?

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 6:39pm

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Contracts?

Did you see the promotion

http://www.omeikungfu.com/html/promotions.htm

yeah, they're guaranteed to have contracts with promos like that.
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 6:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They look pretty cool actually
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast