Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 8:06am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We don't go after Black Belt and Insude Kung Fu? What? Both magazines are long, long acknowledged as being purveyors of idiocy and Bullshido. It's more that making fun of them seems like mocking the sick and weak.

WHich is just boring cause they don't fight back. If it means anything to you, I've got a whole article in the pipeline about how much BB sucks.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 8:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fubar
    Raise your hand if you learned to fight from a book.

Now raise your hand if you've bought a book from a recognised "master" and it sucked. I have.

While you're at it , raise your 3rd hand if you still think Black Belt/Inside Kung Fu or Penthouse can teach you anything you didn't already know ?

Who cares if Phil Elmore sells advice regarding the basics of self defense to people who read about it ? If a dumbfuck gets his ass handed to him from info-without-sweat-equity from Phil , Gene Lebell , or Spiderman he deserves it.
    Gene Lebell is Bullshido? Is that what you're implying
    /end of non sequitir
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 8:21am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Bernius
    I don't necessarily think that everything Phil does is bad. Personally, I enjoy reading the Martialist. And Phil has managed to assemble a community of like minded individuals to share info, some of it seems to be quite good. Especially the firearms material.

I just don't feel Phil is qualified to teach. And I think that SHEH crosses that major line.

- Matt
    Cool, if Phil gets to write a book on 'self defence' then I should get to write a book on piloting Cessnas, because in both instances the author would have no idea
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 3:42pm

Style: ex-TKD 2 Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I used Gene L as an example of someone I figured everyone respects , in illustrating my point that it doesn't matter ( to me ) WHO writes it. If you don't work at it in reality you have no skill - and recieve a dose of asswhup.

JKDChick , I am glad you disaprove of the stupidity found in the Big Mags. It didn't occur to me that your standards for bullshit were that high. I apologise. I actually have been reading all over this site - but it's big. And it is more fun when they fight back. I agree.

Haughty - the Feud isn't about you. I believe you are banned among my friends and unliked here as well. I meant the animosity between PB & BS. Personal attacks are generalised to include the whole roster of members , both ways.

Spastic ? Yes , write your book. If I get behind the wheel of a cessna after reading your book , and DON"T go to flight school , then One of us is definately a fuckhead. That's my point.
    This dead horse debate over whether a non expert , a non black belt or a non ring fighter can write a book is some one elses fight, All i'm saying is unless you are using a book to suppliment real life sweaty training that matters - they are wasting their time. No matter who wrote it. Except Spder man , maybe. He could kick all our asses.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 8:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick
    We don't go after Black Belt and Insude Kung Fu? What? Both magazines are long, long acknowledged as being purveyors of idiocy and Bullshido. It's more that making fun of them seems like mocking the sick and weak.

WHich is just boring cause they don't fight back. If it means anything to you, I've got a whole article in the pipeline about how much BB sucks.
    I don't think that's necessarily true. Otherwise the Gracies wouldn't have been periodically featured in the magazine touting their system or bothered submitting commentaries (i.e., Royce and Rickson). On the flip side, BB provides me with a treasure trove of analytical material to write about on RBSD stupiditiy. :occasion1
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 9:23pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    fubar, the issue is ... you're still here, posting, right? And yet I can't post at Pax. I never disobeyed Phil's little rules, save to disagree with him about something. He banned me SOLELY because I post here.

We don't return that favor. I wonder why?
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 10:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think what's weird is the odd reversal of philosophy. Pax promotes confronting hostilty in life while requiring members to be nice. You guys ( & women ) directly seek out & confront bullshit.

But we all know - pax & Bullshido both -, Phil is making a profit from his scene. His website is his brochure , his storefront. I don't care , May he grow rich and happy. I am burnt out on teaching and never made any money anyway , I just hang out for the enviroment. I am beyond any beginners self defense book, all the masters are full of **** and I long ago gave up trying to compete or even slow down the onslaught of bullshit in the MA world. I taught from honest hard earned experience and got my ass handed to me ( in business competition ) by a fucking Chung Moo Do cult, a Shotokan dojo run by a master who wasn't a black belt , and Billy Blanks' areobics.

I was among the first on the East Coast to study Muay Thai and immediately got caught up in a more subtle form of Bullshido - the back stabbing shite inherent in Associations.

I'm done with it. I train with a few friends - burn outs all , carry modern weapons to compensate for my little unit and paranoia , and have no idea who the current UFC / K1 / WWF champions are.

I admire your mission and your energy , but I think it's a losing battle. people want to be suckered , they want to be Remo Williams , Kwai Chang Cain and the Crow.

Honestly , As you can guess , I came here waiting to be hassled and have a good fight. But my hearts not in it , too much death this year , and you guys seem to be perfectly fine ( your issues with Phil excepted ). If it's all the same to you , I'll float around for a while and check out some of your articles and threads and look for a laugh or two.

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 10:28pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    fubar, we've had people come here, more than one, and testify that listening to what we have to say has saved them money, time and maybe their lives. If only ONE of them had ever learned about how they were being suckered by the Bullshidoka of the world, I would consider all the energy well spent.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2006 10:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's good. Really. I think your purpose is honorable.

Some of your more annoying registered users have irritated me trolling on Pax , but then again , if they didn't , I wouldn't have met you.

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    1/04/2006 1:28am

supporting member
     Style: Rex Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The First Amendment owns the truth.
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast