Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    8/18/2005 9:17am

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Training one fighter who makes UFC/Pride wages isn't going to make you alot of money.

Posted On:
    8/26/2005 7:31pm

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've read folks say that Bob Sapp just goes down way too easy for a guy his size. Even if he had a glass jaw, why would he keep getting fights in K-1 and Pride after so many losses? He beat, uh... what's-his-name; the K-1 champ, though. Don't go toe to toe with a guy with a hundred or more pounds on you! Maybe it's why the Beast is in movies now. He sucked in Elektra, though. Plays Stone, who was a skinny asian in the comics, uses his chi to have bullets bounce off of his chest, but then gets killed by having a tree felled on him. Of course, in the Eastern elements Wood does beat Earth Paper-Rock-Scissors. It grows out of the earth, thus rising above it.

Oh, and the only way I know "shoot" and "work" is from being a "pro" wrasslin' fan. A shoot is a real (albeit rare) fight. It's where Shootfighting and Shooto got their names. Back when Japanese pro wrestlers wanted to fight for real to show off their skills and test themselves. A work is your standard improvised match with a pre-determined ending.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2005 6:11am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol, as I recall Stone wasn't a skinny assed asian - he was the biggest of Stick's students

and he was invincible to anything he could see - as I recall in the comic he was killed by a sword that got him from behind

but - that is testing my Daredevil memory but then the last comic I read was about the time I discovered girls and figured my 35 cents an issue was better spent getting laid...

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    9/04/2005 7:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    $0.35 for a hooker!? Ew.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2005 8:05am

supporting member
     Style: kyoku-shin, boun-shin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You obviously haven't spent enough time in the 3rd world. 35 cents can rock your universe if you know where to spend it. Err, so I hear.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2005 7:08pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosexmachina
    I don't know about Pride, but I've heard Dan Severn vs Shannon Ritch is a work.
    I used to train with shannon ritch, he has been in quite a few worked fights. He said there has been quite a few times when the promoter comes into the locker room and says "hey shannon, your down tonight". *cough*...chris brennan...*cough*

The only Pride fight I ever say I thought was worked was the takada/royce gracie fight. But now that I think about it I think the vovchanchyn/ valintijn overeem fight was worked too.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123