Sponsored Links Spacer Image

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 8:50am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you can't ask a 14 year old girl about her panties then, really, what's the point of the internet?

But yah, too many n00b nutriders getting a free pass just for making jokes and posting crap that doesn't deserve a response. they should get just as smacked around for being tards as much as the "my kungfu has deadly no touch knockouts" wackjobs.

(heh irony)

The Eternal n00b

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 8:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: CM Boxing/BJJ/RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WingChun Lawyer
    And we almost lost him, because of a stupid comment.
    I should point out we missed out on having a BJJ brown post here in similar circumstances. I forget his name. He made a technique post, Omega gave the usual hazing, and all sort of omega nuthuggers jumped on the poor guy.

What a waste.

Edit: wrong name
    Last edited by Zeddy; 8/16/2005 8:55am at .

Modesty forbids more.

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 8:58am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ newbie.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeddy
    I should point out we missed out on having a BJJ brown post here in similar circumstances. I think his name was RobP? He made a technique post, Omega gave the usual hazing, and all sort of omega nuthuggers jumped on the poor guy.

What a waste.
    Yes. What about that Olympian judoka who came here some weeks ago? Fortunately he identified himself beforehand, and people believed him, but imagine what could have happened if the usual idiots started flaming.

WE COULD HAVE LOST A FUCKING OLYMPIAN JUDOKA FOR CHRISSAKE.

Give the newbies the benefit of the doubt, I say. This can only help the site.
    That civilisation may not sink,
    Its great battle lost,
    Quiet the dog, tether the pony
    To a distant post;
    Our master Caesar is in the tent
    Where the maps are spread,
    His eyes fixed upon nothing,
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats

Moron

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 9:01am

Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tef-the-Persian
    I don't recall ever being insulted, except through negative reps. One was deserved - I deliberately made a troll thread. The other was unwarranted, but it didn't bother me any.

Other than that, I don't recall any flaming done whatsoever (towards me). Just my experience with Bullshido.

I just neg rep'd you for whining, hope it also wont bother you so much that you need to post about it.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 9:04am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeddy
    all sort of omega nuthuggers jumped on the poor guy
    This screams custom title to me. "I :inlove: omega's nads"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 9:07am

Style: Judo n00b!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FighterJones
    I have tried to get many people to join this forum, but they end up leaving.
    You know why? Because most of us act like asses.

I got a teenage girl who did tkd or wanted to join it. She comes here, and people start asking her about her panties and immediately call bullshit. They don't even stop and apologize AFTER the fact that I vouch for her. I have refered alot of people to this site. I have a friend that does kung fu and competes in koushu and san shou, and he thinks this site is bullshit because of the "all knowing arrogant asshole attitude" on this site that when he found stuff on kung fu it was bashing. I'm NOT saying bullshido is anti kung fu, I know bout Omega and Asia, and what most of the staff think.
    i hear ya. i'm a dirty noob, though, and i'm staying on this board. i don't post much cuz there's so much to read already. i can see how your friend might be intimidated, but hey it's a martial arts forum, not knitting. ya gotta expect that ****, just like you should expect some people to be arrogant in whatever dojo you train in.

as a noob, i'd say it might be a good idea to add a suggestion in that "newbie sticky" thing along the lines of "read lots of other people's threads and posts before you decide to post first."

just so they can get a good feel for the place, tone, attitude, etc. so they know what to expect when they start a thread.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 9:21am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    personally, i've shown this site to a few people, and all of them basically thought that most the members here were arseholes so they never posted. they would read a bit because they found some good information, but they didn't want to post.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    I think alot of frequent topics need to be made into articles, for one thing, but that is up to the members
    i've been thinking this myself. it would help things quite a lot.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 9:33am

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FighterJones
    I have tried to get many people to join this forum, but they end up leaving.
    You know why? Because most of us act like asses.
    Isn't that true of almost any forum on the interweb?

At least this place has some life to it. I frequent two other bulletin boards. One erupts into style bashing with a lifecycle suspiciously similar to herpes, and the other one is on life support thanks to the hosting companies new policies, and a new guide to boot.

Geh, that reminds me of a lot of people who spar at my school. They love the training. We go through 12-16 weeks of basics for the new people every year. Starting with just a jab. Once we start with contact, they find they are not tough enough to stick it out.

Judo Instructor

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 9:43am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bard of DorAr
    Lohff, go round about, discuss training methods, discuss sparring with him, roll, have fun, teach what you know to him, AVOID AT ALL COSTS bashing Ashida or even mentioning him. Keep working it that way as you develop the guy as a friend and as a fighter, then slowly start slipping in your opinion of the things Ashida says, again, don't bring up Ashida, just address his points as if you were pondering the point itself regardless of who brought it up.
    This was what I was trying to say; talking about teaching evolution to fundamenalists.

You don't. You teach the important ideas of biology. Give them accept what you teach, the basics that don't directly challenge their personally held beliefs. Let them accumulate what you have to say; then and some point, say to them - "By the way, that other stuff - that's evolution".

They should be able to see a disconnect between what they've accepted from you, and what they've previously believed. Then they may be open to change.

But if you go at it directly, they will put up defenses and ignore all that follows.

Do you think this guy hasn't been challenged directly in the past? I mentioned that I'd trained some in the Bujinkan; I got the impression he had some knowledge of the system. He also said he'd trained TKD and shotokan, so it's not like he's not seen anything else.

So yeah, I agree with Bard of DorAr in his approach.

I've invited him up for a roll - but I don't plan on changing class if he does. I'll just teach what I always do, if he has something to say I'll listen. And if he does attend my class and doesn't see a difference, then either I'm teaching for crap or he can't be reached.

I may just throw together small seminar - invite him (and any students he has - he did mention training security) - I'll invite you guys too. Spending quality time with other martial artists (instead of just hanging around the shows) may be the kind of good influence needed.

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 10:02am

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still don't see all this insulting you noobs keep talking about.
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard
Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 56789 101112131959 ... LastLast