Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 5:30am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

True...

Not to bitch or anything, but I just joined, and some mod is already thrashing me with more gay jokes than somebody making fun of Andy Dick. I think it's nice that the mods are a little, well... unproffesional at times. I mean come on, if you can't take a little "hit" every now and then, why the interest in martial arts?

Besides, I would assume that these people aren't paid, and as such, what incentive do they have not to take out the aggressions of the average workday on us? I'm a noob, I deserve it by default!

Especially for instructors, who probably go thru a whole buncha shiite in their daily routines with stupid students, politics, and "rival" instructors that they need a place to vent, where they don't have to be grown up or mature, and can throw down the hammer if they want.
    Last edited by Shirobake; 8/16/2005 5:37am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 5:42am

Style: Muay Thai/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirobake
    Especially for instructors, who probably go thru a whole buncha shiite in their daily routines with stupid students, politics, and "rival" instructors that they need a place to vent, where they don't have to be grown up or mature, and can throw down the hammer if they want.
    I'd have thought they would vent on aforementioned students.

Feels like it sometimes.

(no gay jokes pls)

- cod3r

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 5:47am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirobake
    Not to bitch or anything, but I just joined, and some mod is already thrashing me with more gay jokes than somebody making fun of Andy Dick. I think it's nice that the mods are a little, well... unproffesional at times. I mean come on, if you can't take a little "hit" every now and then, why the interest in martial arts?

Besides, I would assume that these people aren't paid, and as such, what incentive do they have not to take out the aggressions of the average workday on us? I'm a noob, I deserve it by default!

No you're an idiot you deserve it by default. Keep it on the other thread, everything else will be deleted.

**** you math class

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 6:04am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're a college student, you're old enough not to suck and the years Omega has on you don't make a difference.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 6:07am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Shirobake : seriously dude we were bantering on the other thread; bullshido rules don't derail this thread or you get a time out.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 6:27am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Edit: I'm still waiting on some advice from bullshido members on a good way to approach one of Ashida's followers. See the Ashida threatens bullshido thread.
    You're kidding right. If an Ashida follower approaches you (you will notice them easily because they will be wearing all black in the middle of the day) you snatche them by the ear and send them back to their mommies!!!! :spanky:

As for this thread:

WTF do you mean WE, Jones? I EARNED the right to act how I want and if pple do like it they can go **** themselves. I mainly flame noobs when they deserve it, especially the ones that say, "Bullshido don't know the REAL Kung Fu." Bullshido isn't for everyone and some pple don't like realize the stupidity of their post untils its rammed down their throat. :new_tomat
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 6:27am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Sorry

No excuses. My bad.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 7:26am

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

**** 'em

This place is great because when people talk out of their ass, they get put in their place. Its a less painful alternative than the asskickin' they could and should receive for thinking that martial arts is fantasy bullshit. Martial arts is violent, if someone can't take a little **** talking for being stupid, they have no place in martial arts.
    As for the guys complaining about getting thrashed for talking out their ass, You brought it on yourself. Stupid is not an excuse.

on the other hand.....A 14yo should not be harrassed about panties and ****, thats just retarded and deserves a bitchslap.
    Last edited by MONGO; 8/16/2005 7:29am at .

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 8:16am

supporting member
     Style: Judo & Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FighterJones
    Actually I do. I kinda thought the "we need to grow up" thing was pretty self explanitory, i'm just bitching about the major issues. So yes I also have a problem with that.
    Actually, "we need to grow up" could mean a lot of things and is not self explanatory at all. So, if you intent was to be clear, then take your own advice and make a clear and concise point next time rather than just venting.
    Second of all, you said you mainly come here for entertainment purposes.
    Great. Except thats not what this site is for.
    That's not what I said at all. I said it's 50% of the reason I came here. That's very different than saying it's the main reason I come here.

I spent a lot of time one evening trying to explain to you how a wrestling match works, despite the fact that you're on a wrestling team and should have already known the answer to every question you asked on that thread. Did I ever flame you or act like an ass? Did I try to turn the fact that you didn't know anything about wrestling, despite the fact that you're on a wrestling team, into a joke? No, I didn't. I was truly trying to help you understand what we were talking about. That's the way most of my posts are. So, I know you've read at least some of my posts. I'm not a comedian, and rarely try to be. Occasionally I make an attempt at humor, but it's rare and is usually in response to a nonsensical post. So, don't lecture me about the inappropriate use of humor on these boards.

50% percent of the reason I come here is for the humor, but not the nonsense. Maybe you and I have a different idea of humor. What I consider as humor are the witty responses of some of the posters. Not the bullshit. I don't consider asking a 14 yr. old girl what color her panties are to be humor at all. Some of the most humorous people on this forum are also some of your best contributors. Johnnycache, Batronin, Yrkoon, hedgehogey...even knightmare, just to name a few.
    I forget who had it, but someone has/had a quote of Phrost in his signiture saying something to the gyst of "Bullshido is not your average internet hangout. It is not just for fun to be at. its to accomplish a purpose." Someone please post the original quote.
    I aree it's not a comedic site, and it's a site with a purpose. But working toward a goal is not mutually exclusive with having a good time. You can do both simultaneously. Batronin is particularly gifted at making a point with a short, witty response. Once again, that's what I'm calling humor. :brave:

Modesty forbids more.

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 8:45am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ newbie.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohff
    When I initially griped, I didn't mean for all humor to go out the window. What concerns me is the manner in which we approach those that believe the self-procalimed "masters" that this site so justifiably attacks. People aren't bad people because they have been fooled, nor do they deserve the derision from online shitheads that all too frequently happens. This site ultimately has these people's best interest at heart, and we would do well to remember that.

That being said, I still find jokes at the expense of dirtbags like Phil and Ashida funny, I just try to weasel my way in between them and those they manipulate. Making fun of shitheads shouldn't be the only point.

Edit: I'm still waiting on some advice from bullshido members on a good way to approach one of Ashida's followers. See the Ashida threatens bullshido thread.
    Agreed.

I do come here for the entertainment value as well, but I believe we should be extremely careful WITH NEWBIES. Thatīs the main problem. We donīt have to become MAP, but there is no need to antagonize new people, whom we are supposedly trying to help, or who may be accomplished martial artists in their own right (and who, in turn, may be able to help us).

Anyone here remembers what happened when Strong Machine came here? He was told to STFU noob by Anthony, and he got deeply offended - the guy does have a thick skin, but he was offended because a) his first post was informative, he was offering grappling advice, and b) he was attacked because he DARED say he considered himself a "pretty good grappler".

The BJJ crowd (i.e. Anthony) immediately started reaming him for that last comment, because see, a noob claiming to be a pretty good grappler is probably a kid who did some months of judo.

Well, it later became clear that "Pretty good grappler" was an understatement. The guy could crush 97.8% of this board with one hand tied behind his back. He is an accomplished competitor and coach.

And we almost lost him, because of a stupid comment.

The same could be said about 14 year old girls wanting advice on martial arts. THEY NEED OUR HELP, the reaming can come later if she seems unable to change her mind, or if she is already sold out to the gods of bullshido and insists on maintaining a superior stance.

Again, I am not saying we must become mellow. But, to further this siteīs mission, newbies must be treated well until they prove themselves to be idiots. Once they have some more experience on this board, fine, let the masturbation jokes begin.

Personally, I think this can be accomplished simply by self policing, and warnings from the mods. The more experienced bullshidokas could also flame noobs who try to flame other noobs. Itīs all for the good of the site, gentlemen.
    That civilisation may not sink,
    Its great battle lost,
    Quiet the dog, tether the pony
    To a distant post;
    Our master Caesar is in the tent
    Where the maps are spread,
    His eyes fixed upon nothing,
    A hand under his head.

- W.B. Yeats
Page 8 of 68 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011121858 ... LastLast