Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23456 789101656 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/15/2005 9:01pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some of the people I've referred to this site immediately think "oh I don't need that! I just want to know self-defense. I'm not training for a MMA competition or anything!" We seem to come off as a bit hardcore or something... Meh I like the way we are though.

Fencing Instructor

Posted On:
    8/15/2005 9:10pm

Style: Sabre/Rapier/Katana

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Going down a few things to address or that I didn't see a real answer on.

Law, fair enough, in rereading the first post it was more about offense, I just read it the way I would have taken it, so we're both right, yay.

In regards to Bil getting Flamed, it was established that he feels sparring is not needed, it went down hill from there.

Lohff, go round about, discuss training methods, discuss sparring with him, roll, have fun, teach what you know to him, AVOID AT ALL COSTS bashing Ashida or even mentioning him. Keep working it that way as you develop the guy as a friend and as a fighter, then slowly start slipping in your opinion of the things Ashida says, again, don't bring up Ashida, just address his points as if you were pondering the point itself regardless of who brought it up.

For example, if someone studied under Bil and thought that Sparring didn't matter, I'd never bring up Bil, I'd start talking about people not needing sparring and the detrimental effect not sparring has, so on and so forth.

Think that covers it all.

Amateur Fighter

Posted On:
    8/15/2005 9:13pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you. I'll hold back on Sam's article for a while then. Thank you again.

Posted On:
    8/15/2005 10:20pm

Style: LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdog
    But the garbage is not what Nightstrike has a problem with. He basically thinks posters here are too mean and should be more polite. That's a different complaint than what you're talking about.
    Actually I do. I kinda thought the "we need to grow up" thing was pretty self explanitory, i'm just bitching about the major issues. So yes I also have a problem with that.
    Second of all, you said you mainly come here for entertainment purposes.
    Great. Except thats not what this site is for.
    I forget who had it, but someone has/had a quote of Phrost in his signiture saying something to the gyst of "Bullshido is not your average internet hangout. It is not just for fun to be at. its to accomplish a purpose." Someone please post the original quote.
    JKDchic, I know nearly all 14 year old girls suck but that shouldn't matter. You stop them taking in the bullshit THEN.
    Another good example is the wing chun guy who is getting flamed.
    Wing chun IS bullshit. But he may not know that yet. Theres something called ignorance out there. Before coming on here I was ignorant and stupid about somethings. I thought the russbo shaolin monks were totally badass, and that ashida kim was legit to a certain point.. Fact is most people DON'T know and DON'T realize alot of bullshit until they are told it. But you gotta be careful in the way you tell them. Telling someone what they do is total bullshit can hurt. Especially when they they are told the blackbelt they paid 5000 bucks for in the course of classes over 4 years is bullshit.
    This guy is being jumped on being told what he does is bullshit, which is no doubt true. But the fact of the matter is, we need to do it nicer.
    Yes, it would be nice if people wouldn't get offended at a drop of a had but they do. I was i think early 15 years old when I came here, and not figuring out that when omega told me somethin bout my dumb bitch of my mother being stupid as hell, I figured, MEH. I dealt with **** like that my whole life, still does, so I can tolerate it to a point. But alot of people aren't like that, and some soccer mom or soccer dad that comes on here are gonna be turned right away at that.
    yeah they should deal with it. But people are people, and if we are trying to help people, we have to try and help everyone in order to be effective.
    Most of these "stupid" people, are the ones who make up the majority of the population of MA it seems. And THATS who we gotta save.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2005 10:59pm

Style: Kung Fu, Western Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First off, I'm "that Kung Fu guy" who Jones referenced earlier in the thread. Normally, I'd mind my own business, but Jones seemed quite adamant that I post.
    I don't post on Bullshido, becuz I don't post on internet forums... Correction, I post on 2 forums, seldomly. 2 is enuff for my tastes.
    There are plenty of things that annoy me about Bullshido by virtue of the fact that it's an internet forum, and all internet forums seem to share a lot the same problems. Put a person in an environment where consequences don't exist, and civility goes out the window. Case in point: the panties remark, and Ashido-Kim's threat "Beware the darkness for it will swallow you all, and then we will kill you, eat your flesh, and skull-**** your grandma till her brains leak out 'er tits" (or some **** like that). Had he been face to face with you, he would have kept his mouth shut. See more about REAL ninja's at www.realultimatepower.net :jihad:
    Where was I going with this? Oh ya, what's unique about Bullshido as opposed to other internet forums, and what really pisses me off, are comments such as:

Quote Originally Posted by Poop-Loops
    Traditionally, MA involved a lot of sparring and challenges. WC, Karate, Aikido, lots of Kung Fu, have none of that, even though they claim to be "traditional".

PL
    On the contrary, I practice Kung Fu, and we spar full-contact on a weekly basis. We compete in Full-Contact Kuoshu Lei Tai events on a semi-monthly basis, (as many as we can, given the lack of venues for it). I spar at my boxing gym, and plan to start participating in amateur boxing events sometime in the near future... But, according to you, and many others on this site, "THERE IS NO SPARRING IN KUNG FU... KUNG FU PRACTITIONERS DO NOT SPAR." Could've fooled me.
    You may think I'm overreacting, but would any of you join a forum where 50% of the members openly stated that "there is no sparring in Muay Thai"? By the way, Poop Loops, you forgot about Kyokushin Karate; they spar/compete in that as well. *gasp*

Aaaaanyway... Jones you twat, I told you your Mcdojo was full of **** long before you joined this forum... you just didn't listen.

Back on topic: As far as cleaning things up around here goes; ya'll do what you like. I'm just here to support a friend.
    From what I can tell, a lot of you either know your ****, or study under someone who does. I don't harbor anything personal against this forum, or it's members... I just don't like forums full stop. As far as Bullshido goes, I think it has the potential to do a lot of good. Don't waste a drop of it.

Cheers,
    William

Posted On:
    8/15/2005 11:16pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FighterJones
    Wing chun IS bullshit. But he may not know that yet. Theres something called ignorance out there. Before coming on here I was ignorant and stupid about somethings. I thought the russbo shaolin monks were totally badass, and that ashida kim was legit to a certain point.. Fact is most people DON'T know and DON'T realize alot of bullshit until they are told it. But you gotta be careful in the way you tell them.
    OK here I am day 1. I've been doing WC for over a year, I feel it's very effective, I've got an open mind. Please explain to me why Wing Chun is bullshit. Don't worry too much about my feelings, I'm more concerned with the substance of the argument, I can take it.

BTW I've just read the history thread and the were some interesting stuff there amongst all the purile comments.
    Last edited by Bil Gee; 8/15/2005 11:19pm at .

Posted On:
    8/15/2005 11:20pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please use the search function, you will find many threads debating this, in which then you can make your own conclusions. Or you can add me to msn and you can chat with me. I won't start it here because that will take the thread off topic, and thats what I do not wish to do.
    This thread's point is to address key problems bullshido has.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    8/15/2005 11:23pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    EinMensch: Glad to hear it. Notice how I said "Lots", not "all". I said that for a reason. Yes, I did forget to add "lots" before "karate". My mistake.

PL

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/15/2005 11:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've wondered, and continue to wonder, what the hell is so problematic about closing a thread when it veers off into la-la land.

It's certainly not "censorship" when the moderator can simply say "Off topic. Open another thread about the topic currently discussed."

That way, ya know, the search function might actuallyWORK.

I'd be happy to do so in the PT forums. :new_smili
    Last edited by Nid; 8/15/2005 11:36pm at .

Posted On:
    8/15/2005 11:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no not closing a thread when it veers off into la la land, just cleaning up the **** posts.
    its closing duplicate threads too, like two of the same thing that is in a very close time frame to each other. It just cleans **** up. I go on a forum where they do that and thats practically only when they close threads, when they totally go COMPLETELY off topic or MOST of the time duplicate threads.
    It seems excessive but i'm glad they do that, because it makes the forum tidy, enjoyable, and me not having to digthrough fuckloads of **** to find the decent info I want.
    I am NOT saying MAP modding. I'm just saying rules that get a dumbass banned (Temporarily) when they try and ask a teenage girl about her panties, which I may be over referencing, but I don't give a ****. Thats NOT fucking funny, thats WAY out of line. I'd post the thread but I have no idea where it would be.
    Last edited by FighterJones; 8/15/2005 11:57pm at .
Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 23456 789101656 ... LastLast