Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 9:46am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    2 points.
    1. You were never attacked. If JFS attacked you...you'd be dead. He said mean things to you.

2. The nature of your complaints constituted an attack (By your definintion) on what this community considers acceptable interaction. Your continued refusal to accept that this community is exactly the way it wants to be is indictates that your arrogance precludes you from ever believeing that maybe someone else knows something you don't, or believes differently from you. That is the province of youth.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 9:47am

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmagoat
    I trained in krav maga for a while, but I'm moving to judo as soon as I can.

I don't live in Australia.
    ahh, I had you confused with a different plasmagoat.

Krav maga, that explains it. Not in a bad way either. No need to respond, I've got what I needed from this thread.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 9:51am

Style: Nothing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    2 points.
    1. You were never attacked. If JFS attacked you...you'd be dead. He said mean things to you.
    JFS can't kill me through the Internet, even if he has 10,000 years of TCMA experience.

2. The nature of your complaints constituted an attack (By your definintion) on what this community considers acceptable interaction. Your continued refusal to accept that this community is exactly the way it wants to be is indictates that your arrogance precludes you from ever believeing that maybe someone else knows something you don't, or believes differently from you. That is the province of youth.
    You may want to be a certain way, but that doesn't mean it's a good way. You can rationalize trolling and spamming until you turn blue, but it's never going to be anything except trolling and spamming. Also, this whole thing started from the fact that JFS can't accept people who believe differently than he does. Your "way" only serves to drive people away and make you look bad, it doesn't make you more efficient at rooting out frauds.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 9:57am

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JFS can't kill me through the Internet, even if he has 10,000 years of TCMA experience.

Enough with the obfuscation already!

You may want to be a certain way, but that doesn't mean it's a good way. You can rationalize trolling and spamming until you turn blue, but it's never going to be anything except trolling and spamming.

Please take a moment to think about what you just wrote.
    I hope the irony of it isn't lost on you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 10:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pox
    Enough with the obfuscation already!
    No, he can't kill me through the board software. That's just how it is.

Please take a moment to think about what you just wrote.
    I hope the irony of it isn't lost on you.
    I did not try to claim that my spamming wasn't spamming. I was doing what others were doing, so if we conclude that what others were doing was spam, then what I was doing was spam too.

Fencing Instructor

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 10:04am

Style: Sabre/Rapier/Katana

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, not going to pick apart all that (though I did read it). Instead we'll wander to a specific point repeated by Plasmagoat. Plasma, you state that it's impossible to stay civil in this enviroment because it's difficult. You also state that staying civil has no purpose and gets no results. In response to that let's look at a few things going on here.

First, let's look at how JFS and I speak to each other in current time.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...&page=32&pp=15

The main focus starts at post 8. Then note how JFS and I go back and forth, not actually even agreeing at the core point, yet no insults or attacks get made. We're just talking.

Now let's look at JFS and I when he first came onto the board.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27016

Okay, I can't find the specific point it starts, but it's in there and suffice to say he's just as bad to me initially as he was to you. See an improvement?

And if that's not enough by itself, let's look at the comment I've gotten over the years in response to my 'Useless" civility which you say can't do anything in this forum (Names are left out).

"I heartily endorse your debating style, sir."

"Bless you for trying."

"stop helping him be a man .. though I think its nice of you to help ."

"You're right about the Plasmagoats of the board, but wrong about yourself. You're a quality poster who contributes new and interesting points of view."

"Reasonable as usual, if total overkill in this case."

"Sums up the argument very concisely"

"You = Valuable

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just wanted you to know, I value your prescence here HIGHLY and miss it when you don't post.

You are one of best poster here and someone I respect."

There are others, but I felt those make the point simply. Obviously civility, calmness and sincere and legitemate politeness can be successful here. I suggest you consider that approach instead of trying to be just as bad. At the very least it'll make you NOT a hypocrite when you argue moral superiority.

And as an aside Morality =/= Civility. JFS doesn't kill children, rape people, harm innocents, etc, etc, etc. He's very moral and someone I'd want on my side if I needed to actually defend something with force. That I detest his mouth is a minor aside and nothing more. You are judging the whole of a person by the cover, just so you know.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 10:11am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bard of DorAr
    Wow, not going to pick apart all that (though I did read it). Instead we'll wander to a specific point repeated by Plasmagoat. Plasma, you state that it's impossible to stay civil in this enviroment because it's difficult. You also state that staying civil has no purpose and gets no results. In response to that let's look at a few things going on here.

First, let's look at how JFS and I speak to each other in current time.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...&page=32&pp=15

The main focus starts at post 8. Then note how JFS and I go back and forth, not actually even agreeing at the core point, yet no insults or attacks get made. We're just talking.

Now let's look at JFS and I when he first came onto the board.

Okay, I can't find the specific point it starts, but it's in there and suffice to say he's just as bad to me initially as he was to you. See an improvement?

And if that's not enough by itself, let's look at the comment I've gotten over the years in response to my 'Useless" civility which you say can't do anything in this forum (Names are left out).

"I heartily endorse your debating style, sir."

"Bless you for trying."

"stop helping him be a man .. though I think its nice of you to help ."

"You're right about the Plasmagoats of the board, but wrong about yourself. You're a quality poster who contributes new and interesting points of view."

"Reasonable as usual, if total overkill in this case."

"Sums up the argument very concisely"

"You = Valuable

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just wanted you to know, I value your prescence here HIGHLY and miss it when you don't post.

You are one of best poster here and someone I respect."

There are others, but I felt those make the point simply. Obviously civility, calmness and sincere and legitemate politeness can be successful here. I suggest you consider that approach instead of trying to be just as bad. At the very least it'll make you NOT a hypocrite when you argue moral superiority.
    That's nice, but it doesn't work for me, apparently. Maybe it works for you because you're an instructor.

And as an aside Morality =/= Civility. JFS doesn't kill children, rape people, harm innocents, etc, etc, etc. He's very moral and someone I'd want on my side if I needed to actually defend something with force. That I detest his mouth is a minor aside and nothing more. You are judging the whole of a person by the cover, just so you know.
    The only thing that matters here is what he says, and what he says makes him seem like a complete psycho. That's it. If he acts this way on the Internet, what reason do I have to believe you when you say that he's nice in real life? You can't expect to act like an asshole without people thinking that you're an asshole.

Fencing Instructor

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 10:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You may want to be a certain way, but that doesn't mean it's a good way. You can rationalize trolling and spamming until you turn blue, but it's never going to be anything except trolling and spamming. Also, this whole thing started from the fact that JFS can't accept people who believe differently than he does. Your "way" only serves to drive people away and make you look bad, it doesn't make you more efficient at rooting out frauds.

You damn yourself. By your opinions and thoughts spamming, trolling, etc is not acceptable in the least and is never justifiable. Yet you attempt to justify doing it yourself because it's too "difficult" to remain civil or above it in the face of it. You're a hypocrite, plain and simple.

Either there ARE times where it's okay and can be rationalized or there aren't. If there are (in order for you to not be breaking your own rule) then you have to accept that maybe, just maybe, there might be a point to JFS's behavior. If there aren't (because JFS's behavior is unacceptable) then you have broken your own civil guideline and are in fact FAR worse than JFS. JFS is that way from the get go, if it's a flaw, it's one of ignorance and to be helped. YOU came on as a civil and polite individual and then acted in a poor manner, meaning you KNEW what you were doing.

You might want to stop while you're far behind, young man, it'd be best for you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 10:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bard of DorAr
    You damn yourself. By your opinions and thoughts spamming, trolling, etc is not acceptable in the least and is never justifiable. Yet you attempt to justify doing it yourself because it's too "difficult" to remain civil or above it in the face of it. You're a hypocrite, plain and simple.
    I didn't troll because of that, I did it to make a point and to see if there are double standards here.

You might want to stop while you're far behind, young man, it'd be best for you.
    Likewise.

Fencing Instructor

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 10:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's nice, but it doesn't work for me, apparently. Maybe it works for you because you're an instructor.
    Actually, the title's relatively new. I earned my respect on my own merit before that little green lable ever popped up under my name. I earned it when I was listed as a Newbie and Lightweight and THEN got the green title when Phrost started labling fighters and teachers. Besides, did you read it? FENCING instructor. Do you think the vast majority of this board, concened with legitemate and consistantly usefull modern day Martial Arts is giving me merit based on my intense study of an archaic form of lethal combat not used by very many if any people out there?

The only thing that matters here is what he says, and what he says makes him seem like a complete psycho. That's it. If he acts this way on the Internet, what reason do I have to believe you when you say that he's nice in real life? You can't expect to act like an asshole without people thinking that you're an asshole.
    Book by cover. Yes, you can't expect to actl ike an asshole without people thinking you're an asshole. Most people are too dim to judge at length, they make their first reaction and go with it ad infin. Glad to know you're a knee-jerk reacting sheep like the majority.

I didn't troll because of that, I did it to make a point and to see if there are double standards here.

Likewise.
    Doesn't matter, by your point there is no exception to the rule, spamming and trolling are ALWAYS unacceptable. That makes YOUR spamming and trolling, for whatever reason you give them, equally unacceptable. Saying that "I did it to make a point" is giving explanation and justification to it. By your earlier comment there can be none. This is hypocrasy.

And there is no likewise, you're out of your league with me, to be perfectly honest. If you could actually explain in a concise and clear manner exactly how you're ahead of me in this little game, that'd be great, but since you refuse to try new angles when your first fail, I doubt you could manage it even if it were true. I welcome the attempt none the less.
    Last edited by Bard of DorAr; 10/28/2005 10:19am at .