Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 9:13am

Style: Nothing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pox
    plasma, why do you need a beginners course? aren't there some clubs you can train with until you start military service?
    The system here for almost any MA club/class is that there's always a basic (or beginner's) course first. There aren't any clubs in the military (we don't enlist, it's mandatory service), but it's likely that krav maga will be a part of my training.

I presume you must've learned a bit when you trained in krav maga - how long did you train for?
    Two years, or so.

I already know where I'm going, it's right where I live.

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 9:15am

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has anyone played warcraft 3 lately?
    One my mates is replaying it, and the coolest thing about he thinks, is that you can find a sheep or a goat somewhere and just start clicking on it, as it wanders about. It'll bleet and whine for a bit before exploding and leaving its stinking entrails scattered over the map.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 9:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll
    Has anyone played warcraft 3 lately?
    One my mates is replaying it, and the coolest thing about he thinks, is that you can find a sheep or a goat somewhere and just start clicking on it, as it wanders about. It'll bleet and whine for a bit before exploding and leaving its stinking entrails scattered over the map.
    :5dunce:

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 9:19am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me try a different tack:

Plasma, Bullshido.net is a niche (not a microcosm) of the martial arts community. It was set up by Phrost for the express purposes of promoting realistic training and fair business practices in the martial arts. Bullshido has since day one, employeed a unique moderation and posting style to ensure that all posters would feel comfortable with asking rude, impolite, and confrontational questions to individuals accostomed to being protected by the veneer of politeness.

If calling someonoe a liar is rude, and rudeness is not tolerated, than no one gets called a liar. If no one gets called a liar, than we can just say whatever we want, can't we? Ergo, rudeness is not only tolerated, but encouraged here. As has already been poinetd out, a man who accuses you of the impossible does you no insult. Furthermore, I find it difficult to get excited over teh yped word, as intelligence precludes me from taking it seriously when I am insulted. Thaiboxerken and I have gone round a few times rather robustly on politics, and neither one of us is the worse for wear.

Civility precludes honesty, ESPECIALLY in an anonymous environment like this. Furthermore, the posting tone of this forum, as with any niche, is determined by its participants. You waltz in here (to OUR house), get irritated because somebody said mean things to you, and engage in this pedantic, masturbatory, tantrum against the tone of the site; and THEN presume to condescend to respected members of this community? That is arrogance borne purely of inexperience.

Your debate tactics are Elmore-esque. Simply denying that you are arguing because it is beneath you, and then claiming victory in the argument. You have made it clear that you do not feel your opinion is fact. You seem to think that by responding to pertinent questions and salient points with 2 and 3 word retorts and non-sequitors constitutes a debate. And finally you make sure your points are ephemeral and won't solidify your position beyond, "JFS is rude and childish, and smart people all know that rude and childish people are rude and childish. He should go away."

And my last point: IF THERE IS ONE THING THAT GURANTEES RESPECT AND DEFERENCE IN THIS COMMUNITY, AS DEFINED BY ITS PARTICIPANTS, IT'S ACTUAL MARTIAL SKILL. INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE SHOWN THAT THEY HAVE THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE OF REALISTIC MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING ARE GIVEN RESPECT HERE BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT WE ARE ABOUT.

Essentially we are rude here. Because we want to be. If this is unaccpetable to you. Leave. If not, quit whining about it.

Now I'm going to save you the trouble of responding by doing it for you. I predict you will say:

"nuh uh!"

"you are wrong"

"that wasn't my point"

"incorrect"

"you fail"

or some other short, non-comittal, condescending non-sentence that dismisses without actually addressing.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 9:26am

supporting member
     Style: BALEETED

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And on that note... close the thread!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 9:27am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrapper
    Let me try a different tack:

Plasma, Bullshido.net is a niche (not a microcosm) of the martial arts community. It was set up by Phrost for the express purposes of promoting realistic training and fair business practices in the martial arts. Bullshido has since day one, employeed a unique moderation and posting style to ensure that all posters would feel comfortable with asking rude, impolite, and confrontational questions to individuals accostomed to being protected by the veneer of politeness.

If calling someonoe a liar is rude, and rudeness is not tolerated, than no one gets called a liar. If no one gets called a liar, than we can just say whatever we want, can't we? Ergo, rudeness is not only tolerated, but encouraged here. As has already been poinetd out, a man who accuses you of the impossible does you no insult. Furthermore, I find it difficult to get excited over teh yped word, as intelligence precludes me from taking it seriously when I am insulted. Thaiboxerken and I have gone round a few times rather robustly on politics, and neither one of us is the worse for wear.
    Yes, I understand that, and I think it's a great idea, but not when it's taken to the extreme where it just becomes pointless flaming and trolling that doesn't accomplish anything. It doesn't have to be either 1 (politically correct happiness) or 0 (flamefest anarchy). It's also perfectly possible to prove someone wrong without any insults. You can just do it like a robot, and achieve the same results.

And my last point: IF THERE IS ONE THING THAT GURANTEES RESPECT AND DEFERENCE IN THIS COMMUNITY, AS DEFINED BY ITS PARTICIPANTS, IT'S ACTUAL MARTIAL SKILL. INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE SHOWN THAT THEY HAVE THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE OF REALISTIC MARTIAL ARTS TRAINING ARE GIVEN RESPECT HERE BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT WE ARE ABOUT.
    Elitism. I don't attack people just because I'm good at something that they're not.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 9:28am

supporting member
     Style: BALEETED

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no no... you didn't understand me... i said close the thread.... just let it die... no more post-y

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 9:38am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmagoat
    Yes, I understand that, and I think it's a great idea, but not when it's taken to the extreme where it just becomes pointless flaming and trolling that doesn't accomplish anything. It doesn't have to be either 1 (politically correct happiness) or 0 (flamefest anarchy). It's also perfectly possible to prove someone wrong without any insults. You can just do it like a robot, and achieve the same results.

This IS the extreme. It's supposed to be extreme here. Not only to we avoind false politeness, but we attract and retain a certain type of individual. A thick-skinned, confrontational, and motivated individual. We all go about it in our own ways. JFS is an insult-slinging **** thrower, who knows more about CMA's than 99.99% of the world. Bard is an unperturbable voice of reason. Phrost is an unapologetic agitator. Sam B. is a determined investigator. Everybody who stays here figures out how to interact on a level that suits them.

You need to find that level or leave.
    And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

Fear and bullets.

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 9:40am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmagoat
    Elitism. I don't attack people just because I'm good at something that they're not.
    Logical fallacy. We did not come to you. You came to us.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2005 9:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This IS the extreme. It's supposed to be extreme here. Not only to we avoind false politeness, but we attract and retain a certain type of individual. A thick-skinned, confrontational, and motivated individual. We all go about it in our own ways. JFS is an insult-slinging **** thrower, who knows more about CMA's than 99.99% of the world. Bard is an unperturbable voice of reason. Phrost is an unapologetic agitator. Sam B. is a determined investigator. Everybody who stays here figures out how to interact on a level that suits them.

You need to find that level or leave.
    I'm sorry, but it's a **** idea. It's absolutely unnecessary to ruin the forums with trolling and spamming in order to expose bullshit in the martial arts. Like I said before, it just makes Bullshido look like it's literally full of itself.

Logical fallacy. We did not come to you. You came to us.
    Or: I did not attack you, you attacked me.