If I hear this fucking comment one more time, I'm going to break someone.
Originally Posted by Shirobake
WE ARE VOLUNTEERS, ASSHOLE. THIS COMES OUT OF OUR FREE TIME AND LIFE.
Yes, and "Do or do not, there is no try". Thank you for that. The point is, you are given a certain responsibility when you are given the right to be a mod or admin. True or false? "With great power comes great responcibility." I only said that because I knew someone would. But it is true. If people want to clean up the forums to attract more visiters, they need to start with the people in charge. Once those in charge set the tone of a more "proffesional" website, noobs and others will simply assume that is the way things are supposed to be.
Case in point, JKD, I work at a hospital. There are lots of volunteers. They are still excpected to act proffesionally and not freak whenever someone says something they don't like. They can also be reprimanded, told what to do, and fired. Just like a job. :blob8:
Last edited by Shirobake; 8/16/2005 8:01pm at .
You and me both... for what it's worth.
Originally Posted by omega
But seriously, a few things (I'm not reading this entire thread unless I get some coffee in me, so if it's already been covered...)
1. This site is not for teenagers of any flavor other than the occasional (rare) one who happens to be a few years ahead of the curve, socially. And I'm talking 18 here, not 15.
2. Anyone who harasses female members of the site with unsolicited sexual garbage will get an e-boot in their e-ass. Likewise, any member who publically solicits sexual garbage, overtly or otherwise, will get the e-boot -> e-ass as well. If you're trying to get laid by reading this website you've got fucking issues.
3. Omega's the only person authorized to give newbies **** for being newbies, because it's a tradition. Though everyone is authorized to give newbies, and anyone else, **** for being idiots. To avoid getting **** for stupid posts, lurk more and don't start threads if you're new unless you've really got something well thought out to say.
4. RESIST THE URGE TO POST A THREAD JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE NEW. We don't need introductions, unless you're someone special. And by someone special, I mean someone like Rhadi Ferguson, Rickson Gracie, Gene LeBell, Jon Bluming, or Bruce Lee. In the case of the latter, your introduction should be especially entertaining.
5. I haven't gotten enough mileage out of this yet, so here it is again. Don't make us send you a case of this:
If you're here, you're a martial artist in some capacity. Martial arts involve beating the crap out of other people, and having it done to you on occasion. In a perfect world, it would be against the law for a martial artist to whine about anything, punishable by being put in a wig and left in a hotel room with Mike Tyson for a night.
I hope that clears things up a bit.
Because every sensei and siffu I ask tells me exactly that "screw inner peace, screw self defense, martial arts is about kicking someones ass like you gotta pair!" Buddha would be proud.
If they thought they could make more money covering Bullshido than Dillman, you bet your triple-burner meridian they would.
Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin
Yay for Phrost. And Shiro? Exactly where are the Mods not doing their jobs?
As others have said and as I expressed in my initial post here. I wouldn't mind seeing a touch more basic civility, and once I actually have some interest in this (IE having donated time, money and effort) I might push for it more, but that exists in the individual to fix, not the mods to babysit us.
And as I said, the difference between blunt civility and PC garbage is miles wide.
PS: Shiro, no good instructor I've ever had has ever talked about Inner Peace or Self Defense only. They've addressed a martial art as *Gasp* a combative skill set..
This starts with my original crap Karate teacher when I took classes in the 3rd Grade and goes all the way up to Megaton when I started visiting him a few months back.
Enlightenment and inner peace come from your understanding of yourself and your own balance, it doesn't come from the outside.
See http://www.illwillpress.com/ and the Sacred Space cartoon for further clarification.
Last edited by Bard of DorAr; 8/16/2005 8:13pm at .
You have to stay alive long enough to become enlightened so there is some inner peace.
Originally Posted by Shirobake
Buddha was not a martial artist.
Anyone who says that the martial arts is not violence, is lying. How do you think the arts survived all those years in war torn asian culture, by peacefully killing other humans.
It's the fucking internet, you drama pussies!!!!!!!!
Go pump some iron.
Well, :qgreenjum , it seems to me that I have made yet another noob mistake. Don't get me wrong, I think the mods do a fine job, for what they do. I simply agree with you on the basic civility thing. And I suppose if Phrost can talk like a sailor the way he does, then it is only fair that the mods use the same amount of civility towards others. Hey, it's not my website, I just post here. Ultimately, it isn't me who runs the risk of losing potential members or endorsements (i.e. one of the reasons BlackBlet Mag may not cover Bullshido.net is because BBM has a large age group as an audience, and it wouldn't want to promote something where a subsciber would get harrased, about their panties or not).
Last edited by Shirobake; 8/16/2005 8:35pm at .
Oh, come off it. Black Belt magazine is still defending DILLMAN!! I don't think that the Black Belt Magazine people would turn around and then decide to cover bullshido.net, swearwords or not.
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO