Posted On:
    9/01/2005 5:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    Fighter stats:

I'm 22, 5'10", 165~ lbs approx 9 months of BJJ/MT/MMA experiance.

He's 29, 6'1" 180lbs~ A little over a year of Isshin Ryu karate experiance.
    Vid here:

http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...L0SNJ9M46MD0Z9

any chance of getting a refresh on these vids? I don't know if its been asked before, the whole thread turned south after a few pages and its a bit of a long walk just to see.

I haven't been on site for a while. The things you miss!

GE

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    9/02/2005 3:47am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GodEater
    any chance of getting a refresh on these vids? I don't know if its been asked before, the whole thread turned south after a few pages and its a bit of a long walk just to see.

I haven't been on site for a while. The things you miss!

GE

http://s35.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...N2DMLTETQT9I6E

Lightweight

Posted On:
    9/02/2005 5:52am

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks!

GE

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/02/2005 10:52pm

Style: Machimura SuiDi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebeams
    Give me a fucking break. Matsumura was an aristocratic dillitente whose studies were a direct function of not being required to do any real work. The fact that you idolize the flowery language of an Edo-period brat and his boys' club indicates a grave misunderstanding of the context he's speaking in: that of a man with no real military experience and no confirmed experience even fighting without clear handicaps and restructions*; and of a man who was essentially the caretaker of an irrelevant tributary noble, forced to advocate the methods and values of foreign conquerers.**

You're not the heir of a special, balanced martial tradition that encompasses bunbu ichi. You're a kata dancer extolling Neo Confucian virtues that were impressed into your art's values by military and economic conquest.

* Matsumura's martial arts experience would have been hampered by Chinese traditions. Closed door Pan Shou fighting is much less realistic than any throwdown, and if he had fought a platform bout it would have been well known, since that was the point of such bouts.

** I find it hilarious that Matsumura studied the Jigen-ryu but that Hohan Soken wouldn't even speak the language.
    You can only assume. I was in an Af PJ for some years. I kicked ass often before that and have fought for the reals, not against a bunch of pasty anemic geeks!!

Look Matsumura was the teacher of Itosu, Funakoshi and everyone's favorite Okinawan hard-ass Motobu Choki, as well as many, many others. I guess those dudes thought he was a pansy relic of a bygone era too, dumbass.

He did fight many bouts. In some he used guile others his skill. Regardless he never lost. He is the most revered man on Okinawa. His so-called "pre-Edo BS fight-dancing" led to sites like this where your flowery modern wushu Jet Li loving ass can get on and dis him. Bow down to what he did by perpetuating real karate (thus MAs in general) and affording this opportunity to get took, beyotch.

Matsumura influenced Jigen Ryu as much as it influenced his fighting style. This was said by the current GM of that style. Hohan Soken didn't speak Japanese because he hated the Japs for what they did to the nobility and his country. He did speak Spanish and Hogen to perfection though.

Matsumura's karate, which influenced 80% of ALL karate styles, was neither a Neo-Confuscianist construct nor a result of military force or edict, estoopido. It was in place long before the Satsuma or Meiji influence and reflects the teachings of Bushi Sakugawa, Ko Sho Kun, the real Shaolin, Confuscius and Ch'an Buddhism as well as the fighting spirit of many SE Asian styles, even moreso than your broke version of chaun fa.

Oh and kata is the emphasis, just like in most styles of chaun shu, but trust me fighting and conditioning are just as important. I'll knock a mother fucker out in a myriad of ways if they wanna test me, especially some soft kung fooer. That's a GD promise.

So I say, with all sincerity ------------- STFU!!

Step and get stepped on...

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    9/02/2005 11:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorinji Ki
    You can only assume. I was in an Af PJ for some years. I kicked ass often before that and have fought for the reals, not against a bunch of pasty anemic geeks!!

Look Matsumura was the teacher of Itosu, Funakoshi and everyone's favorite Okinawan hard-ass Motobu Choki, as well as many, many others. I guess those dudes thought he was a pansy relic of a bygone era too, dumbass.

He did fight many bouts. In some he used guile others his skill. Regardless he never lost. He is the most revered man on Okinawa. His so-called "pre-Edo BS fight-dancing" led to sites like this where your flowery modern wushu Jet Li loving ass can get on and dis him. Bow down to what he did by perpetuating real karate (thus MAs in general) and affording this opportunity to get took, beyotch.

Matsumura influenced Jigen Ryu as much as it influenced his fighting style. This was said by the current GM of that style. Hohan Soken didn't speak Japanese because he hated the Japs for what they did to the nobility and his country. He did speak Spanish and Hogen to perfection though.

Matsumura's karate, which influenced 80% of ALL karate styles, was neither a Neo-Confuscianist construct nor a result of military force or edict, estoopido. It was in place long before the Satsuma or Meiji influence and reflects the teachings of Bushi Sakugawa, Ko Sho Kun, the real Shaolin, Confuscius and Ch'an Buddhism as well as the fighting spirit of many SE Asian styles, even moreso than your broke version of chaun fa.

Oh and kata is the emphasis, just like in most styles of chaun shu, but trust me fighting and conditioning are just as important. I'll knock a mother fucker out in a myriad of ways if they wanna test me, especially some soft kung fooer. That's a GD promise.

So I say, with all sincerity ------------- STFU!!

In any case, you don't know jack **** about muay thai so shut the hell up and get the **** off this thread. If you'd be so kind as to remove bullshido from your memory I think that would be doing us all a big favor. :spanky:

Posted On:
    9/03/2005 12:53am

Style: Kickboxing/Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're a fuckin hoot!

Quote Originally Posted by Shorinji Ki
    I'm sorry. Were we talking about you?

No, they were all part of the pechin-class boys' club, which by this time was an extension of Japanese polity. In other words, they wre cultural sellouts persuing martial hobbies for their own entertainment. Of course, one interesting aside here is that Motobu wasn't any good at his own family's Gotente. Guess how many kata gotente had? Guess how many kata traditional tegumi has?

Zilch. Zip. Nada. Kata are Chinese transplants upon an Okinawan methodology that emphasizes conditioning and live drills. Motobu kept that. Funakoshi didn't.

First of all, I practice a Jing Wu lineage nowadays, so I know about as much sport wushu as you do. Frankly, though, I wish I had a chance to try some sanda-style stuff.

Second of all, before that I practiced Okinawan kenpo, not the EPAK I figure you're assuming. And yes, I did in fact train in torite and tegumi and am well aware of the purpose of kata -- I'm even somewhat aware of what you *think* kata is for, which I'm guessing is something entirely different and involves a certain amount of martial jerking off. Half of you bitches think attacks to Ht1 GB20 are magic, don't you? But you bitches never train the way Motobu actually trained. You collect kata and wax poetic about how central they are, but you never actually drill the movements so that they are adaptable and reflexive and you comfort yourself with shitty, static kaike drills.

Third of all, it ain't "pre-Edo." Matsumura lived long after the decline of Okinawa as an independent political entity and squarely in the midst of the ossification of martial skills

Then your repeated comments here and elsewhere on the so-called purity of Okinawan arts compared to Japanese derivations stick as a particularly stupid affectation.

Terrence "Shifu Nagaboshi" Dukes wants his crazy hat back. Seriously, that **** flew back before people actually started tooling around places where these myths originated. "Real Shaolin?" Nyuk, nyuk.

Accept:

* That Matsumura served an ineffective vassal king under arrangements of conquest and tribute that had been set before he was born, aping Japanese customs.

* That your "pure Okinawan art" is a crappy myth. Rampant impurity is the hallmark of the Okinawan tradition. There are no Secret Bunkai Death Charts giving you an edge over ****.

* That kata are not only no big deal in real fighting, but weren't always considered to be central (or in the case of Gotente, even necessary) by the figures you idolize.

* That in essence, Okinawan martial artists ran the range from rough and tumble "mixed martial artists" who sed a few kata as living notebooks to dancers more enraptured by the form than the dirty business of practical function -- and d00d, a Soken lineage says to me that you're a dancer who maybe lifts weights on the side.

Oh and kata is the emphasis, just like in most styles of chaun shu,
    You can always tell who the lamers are when they insist on useing the "true" term for CMA, whatever the hell they think it is. Newsflash, buddy: These days, people use sloppy terms like kung fu, wushu and sanda to mean all kinds of stuff. Even in China! Oh, the horror . . .

but trust me fighting and conditioning are just as important. I'll knock a mother fucker out in a myriad of ways if they wanna test me, especially some soft kung fooer. That's a GD promise.

Hell, if you want to be traditional, I'll let you follow in Mutsumara's footsteps. You pay for the trip, waint around at my leisure, and send me a few gifts (I could use a washing machine). Then I'll have you fight my direct student. Since he's 13, he will, of course, be able to choose a proxy. Under my guidance, I'll probably have you fight a buddy of mine. We'll use traditional single pan shou, which means that he covers his hands with flour and you (being the challenger, than therefore inferior), cover yours with sawdust.* You'll then attempt to tap each other lightly. I'll examine the results. If I determine you would have hit a significant area, then, we'll do the same thing. If you succeed there, then I'll be happy to take you on on a platform for charity. If you lose, balk or are rude, custom (and I *know* how much you love the "old ways" don't you?) demands that you leave me and mine alone for five years. On each occasion.

* Yeah, that makes it inherently fixed. Tradition sucks, don't it? Perhaps you should reexamine what a "fight" means in a culture you aren't even part of, and modify your credulity about how kickass a 19th century karateka was accordingly.

If you just want to come around to my house and threaten me, I'll call the cops. I'm not a neurosurgeon karate master bodybuilder. I'm an IT guy with two kids and thus, actually place some value on my life and health.

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    9/03/2005 9:36am

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always loved the "karate is kata" bullshit. Just as bad as the kung fu masters who spend their time collecting 317 different forms.
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/06/2005 11:33pm

Style: Machimura SuiDi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebeams
    You're a fuckin hoot!

I'm sorry. Were we talking about you?

No, they were all part of the pechin-class boys' club, which by this time was an extension of Japanese polity. In other words, they wre cultural sellouts persuing martial hobbies for their own entertainment. Of course, one interesting aside here is that Motobu wasn't any good at his own family's Gotente. Guess how many kata gotente had? Guess how many kata traditional tegumi has?

Zilch. Zip. Nada. Kata are Chinese transplants upon an Okinawan methodology that emphasizes conditioning and live drills. Motobu kept that. Funakoshi didn't.

First of all, I practice a Jing Wu lineage nowadays, so I know about as much sport wushu as you do. Frankly, though, I wish I had a chance to try some sanda-style stuff.

Second of all, before that I practiced Okinawan kenpo, not the EPAK I figure you're assuming. And yes, I did in fact train in torite and tegumi and am well aware of the purpose of kata -- I'm even somewhat aware of what you *think* kata is for, which I'm guessing is something entirely different and involves a certain amount of martial jerking off. Half of you bitches think attacks to Ht1 GB20 are magic, don't you? But you bitches never train the way Motobu actually trained. You collect kata and wax poetic about how central they are, but you never actually drill the movements so that they are adaptable and reflexive and you comfort yourself with shitty, static kaike drills.

Third of all, it ain't "pre-Edo." Matsumura lived long after the decline of Okinawa as an independent political entity and squarely in the midst of the ossification of martial skills

Then your repeated comments here and elsewhere on the so-called purity of Okinawan arts compared to Japanese derivations stick as a particularly stupid affectation.

Terrence "Shifu Nagaboshi" Dukes wants his crazy hat back. Seriously, that **** flew back before people actually started tooling around places where these myths originated. "Real Shaolin?" Nyuk, nyuk.

Accept:

* That Matsumura served an ineffective vassal king under arrangements of conquest and tribute that had been set before he was born, aping Japanese customs.

* That your "pure Okinawan art" is a crappy myth. Rampant impurity is the hallmark of the Okinawan tradition. There are no Secret Bunkai Death Charts giving you an edge over ****.

* That kata are not only no big deal in real fighting, but weren't always considered to be central (or in the case of Gotente, even necessary) by the figures you idolize.

* That in essence, Okinawan martial artists ran the range from rough and tumble "mixed martial artists" who sed a few kata as living notebooks to dancers more enraptured by the form than the dirty business of practical function -- and d00d, a Soken lineage says to me that you're a dancer who maybe lifts weights on the side.

You can always tell who the lamers are when they insist on useing the "true" term for CMA, whatever the hell they think it is. Newsflash, buddy: These days, people use sloppy terms like kung fu, wushu and sanda to mean all kinds of stuff. Even in China! Oh, the horror . . .

Hell, if you want to be traditional, I'll let you follow in Mutsumara's footsteps. You pay for the trip, waint around at my leisure, and send me a few gifts (I could use a washing machine). Then I'll have you fight my direct student. Since he's 13, he will, of course, be able to choose a proxy. Under my guidance, I'll probably have you fight a buddy of mine. We'll use traditional single pan shou, which means that he covers his hands with flour and you (being the challenger, than therefore inferior), cover yours with sawdust.* You'll then attempt to tap each other lightly. I'll examine the results. If I determine you would have hit a significant area, then, we'll do the same thing. If you succeed there, then I'll be happy to take you on on a platform for charity. If you lose, balk or are rude, custom (and I *know* how much you love the "old ways" don't you?) demands that you leave me and mine alone for five years. On each occasion.

* Yeah, that makes it inherently fixed. Tradition sucks, don't it? Perhaps you should reexamine what a "fight" means in a culture you aren't even part of, and modify your credulity about how kickass a 19th century karateka was accordingly.

If you just want to come around to my house and threaten me, I'll call the cops. I'm not a neurosurgeon karate master bodybuilder. I'm an IT guy with two kids and thus, actually place some value on my life and health.

What-the-****-ever, kuchi bushi. All that talk and then a "don't come near me or I'll call the cops". Straight up punk ass. Look **** you and your lineage. You can't even begin to imagine what I know and what you think you know. If I didn't like kids I would challenge your broke ass and beat you down in a nice weijia/neijia way, you pompous know-nothing.

You dumbasses on here have been calling styles and folks out for years now. Now the real is knocking at your door. You can either capitulate, bow down and thank some of us for wasting our time here to say you don't look too spastic when you slap tag or you can read and learn and shut your fucking traps.

BTW Choki Motobu the great brawler was beat down by Yabu Kentsu and Itarashiki. He wasn't **** and he only knew a small bit of Matsumura's Suid-Di.

Oh and Kid Spatty, stfu you're being a stupid presumptuous kid again. You fuckers are so ridiculous and wack...

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    9/06/2005 11:41pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Show me a video of you guys sparring. I'm interested. I have no idea what's been said in this whole thread, I've just read the last few posts.

PL

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    9/06/2005 11:54pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    T Bukkake-Ki: Exactly whose show are you bumrushing and why?

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children