Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657 58596061 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/29/2005 8:21pm

Style: Kickboxing/Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorinji Ki
    Not bragging just letting you know. I have worth in society and my family depends on what I do. Again I point to Matsumura's "Bucho Ikko" and the part on the "Budo of Nominals". You guys fit right into that category. The way of a true warrior is with the pen AND the sword. Fighting without true reason or intent means NOTHING. Can you feel me? Not every MAs type is a bloodthirsty dolt. There is real karate and real karate-ka out there. We're rare but we're there, and yes we can fight if we HAVE to.

Anyway you must be joking with this gay-assed throwdown crap, right? WTF does it prove? From most of the clips I've seen, notadamnthinggeniuses!!!
    Give me a fucking break. Matsumura was an aristocratic dillitente whose studies were a direct function of not being required to do any real work. The fact that you idolize the flowery language of an Edo-period brat and his boys' club indicates a grave misunderstanding of the context he's speaking in: that of a man with no real military experience and no confirmed experience even fighting without clear handicaps and restructions*; and of a man who was essentially the caretaker of an irrelevant tributary noble, forced to advocate the methods and values of foreign conquerers.**

You're not the heir of a special, balanced martial tradition that encompasses bunbu ichi. You're a kata dancer extolling Neo Confucian virtues that were impressed into your art's values by military and economic conquest.

* Matsumura's martial arts experience would have been hampered by Chinese traditions. Closed door Pan Shou fighting is much less realistic than any throwdown, and if he had fought a platform bout it would have been well known, since that was the point of such bouts.

** I find it hilarious that Matsumura studied the Jigen-ryu but that Hohan Soken wouldn't even speak the language.
    Last edited by eyebeams; 8/29/2005 8:42pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2005 8:36pm

Style: MMA Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The chicks beat the **** out of that guy, end of story. Whichever one of you threw on that rear naked choke... damn. Sexy on a really ass kicking level

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    8/29/2005 8:43pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have got to be fuckng kidding me; you're a powerlifting monster spinal surgeon whose technique is so fearsome you could not realistically step on a mat without killing everyone there, but if you manage to hurt your hands on our faces well then you'll just be real mad then.

Get over yourself.
    Last edited by Stick; 8/29/2005 8:45pm at .

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    8/29/2005 8:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dimwit? STFU and go get the 2 musketeers to help your sorry ass, dumb ****!!!

Expletives and insults are a 2-way street, desert dweller!
    stop being a troll plz, this isn't helpful. For a samurai surgeon you really are ill tempered.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    8/29/2005 9:43pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dimwit? STFU and go get the 2 musketeers to help your sorry ass, dumb ****!!!

Expletives and insults are a 2-way street, desert dweller!
    DID SOMEONE CALL FOR DESERT POWER

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    8/29/2005 9:46pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Throw the sands of Arrakis in this fucker's face- it's obviously the onyl chance we have!

Fencing Instructor

Posted On:
    8/29/2005 10:06pm

Style: Sabre/Rapier/Katana

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Screw that, dope up on the spice and start temporal hopping or whatever they do.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    8/29/2005 10:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it's pretty hilariously convenient that Shorinji's ideals suddenly kicked in, preventing him from coming to a throwdown. It's a shame cuz we could've all gained something from the presence of a near invinceable, bushi surgeon...

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 1:27pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, Shorinji, what technique would you use if Stilgar tried to thrust at your liver with his krisknife?
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Marasmos

Posted On:
    8/30/2005 1:36pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebeams
    Give me a fucking break. Matsumura was an aristocratic dillitente whose studies were a direct function of not being required to do any real work. The fact that you idolize the flowery language of an Edo-period brat and his boys' club indicates a grave misunderstanding of the context he's speaking in: that of a man with no real military experience and no confirmed experience even fighting without clear handicaps and restructions*; and of a man who was essentially the caretaker of an irrelevant tributary noble, forced to advocate the methods and values of foreign conquerers.**

You're not the heir of a special, balanced martial tradition that encompasses bunbu ichi. You're a kata dancer extolling Neo Confucian virtues that were impressed into your art's values by military and economic conquest.

* Matsumura's martial arts experience would have been hampered by Chinese traditions. Closed door Pan Shou fighting is much less realistic than any throwdown, and if he had fought a platform bout it would have been well known, since that was the point of such bouts.

** I find it hilarious that Matsumura studied the Jigen-ryu but that Hohan Soken wouldn't even speak the language.
    pwn3d
    You say what about my rice?