Our Sponsors:

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81415161718 19202122 ... LastLast

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 11:03pm

Style: WTF TKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What kind of "Ninja Master" goes through such trouble to uphold their name OVER THE INTERNET? Wouldn't they just show up at your door and cut you down?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 2:59am

Style: Filipino Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Leave Bullshido 100%

I ended up typing a long drawn out post that stated to wander, so I deleted it and started fresh.

"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either."
    Benjamin Franklin

That is what I feel about other forums moderation. Too much moderation leads to the gray, bland muck of some theses other forums or worse yet a forum of nutriders blind to fraud.

my two cents

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 3:29am

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Spastic
    Ashida needs counselling and meds. Done. Next topic?
    I can assure you, him getting surrounded by a circle of male nurses or worse having Serenace pumped into his arse will soon change his tune.
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Seeker of Knowledge

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 4:50am

supporting member
     Style: Chen Style Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakemaster
    You know, I'm somewhat surprised he hasn't posted here to defend himself at all. I'm aware of the fact that He Who Shall Not Be Named reads this site, and yet he doesn't feel the need to put his POV across at all? I guess he knows when he's beaten.

Not only beaten but walked all over... He would never have the fortitude nor courage to post here in his own defence as he doesnt get the hero worship given to him by himsel... uhh I mean his "many" supporters on his site... he just aint man, ninja or turtle enough...
    "If you can get it from my kungfu grip then you can have it... otherwise... step off b*t*h!!!" - Meet the Parents

"Hetero or Homo I don't see anyone telling him, "NO SIR I WILL NOT TAKE IT IN THE ASS!!!" " - Asia

"My neighbor has what he calls an "immortality potion" that will let you live forever.
    People have been telling him that it's stupid and will not work... for 1200 years." - Leodom

Banish Uncertainty
    Affirm Strength
    Hold Resolve
    Expect Death - read in a book

http://uk.360.yahoo.com/shadowdh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 11:01am

Style: Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Prosecutor: "What is name of the movement you used to kill those people?"

AK: "Monkey steal the peach."

Everybody, watch you peaches. :new_Llol:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 11:05am

Style: KARATE / MUAY THAI

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i really cant believe how screwed up the guys on his website are...
    at least they are all in one place i suppose.

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 11:12am

Style: Mostly drinking. E-chaun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Yeah, but I'm still hoping - I'm very interested to hear a "I trained with Ashida Kim" story.
    I could tell you one, but it would be as truthfull as these "fake blackbelts" that he sells seem to be.

Whatever I come up with might be good for a couple of laughs though.

Seriously, before coming here I've heard that name thrown around quite a bit, I always was skeptical but never thought he was anything as bad as this.

I'm glad this site exists and exposed him, at least someone is doing something to expose these frauds.

I originally only signed up to learn about the times for NYC throwdowns, but if I can ever help find or expose some guy like this I'll send you guys info.

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 1:03pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin
    Hasn't AOL been, like, ruining the internet for nearly its entire existence?

Yeah, pretty much. :)

But I think you understand/understood my point.

So, DOES anyone have an Ashida Kim story? Please? Anyone? Anyone? I'd love to find a disillusioned Ashida Kim follower Web site... like those ex-scientology/mormon sites....

-daGorilla

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 1:20pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    We will always be irreverant, sardonic, and sarcastic here. This site was founded specifically because of the lack of freedom on other sites to discuss these issues without having those discussions whittled away by excessive rules, moderation, and false decorum to the point where they had no substance and accomplished nothing.

I'm sorry you have issues with "dirty words". Such a label is used to teach children what is and what is not appropriate to say in general social situations. However, we're not children; most of us understand the not-so-subtle boundaries beyond which we don't sling the words "fucktard" or "douchebag".

As far as making this site "noob friendly"... I have no interest in courting the participation of idiots like the ones that infest KarateForums, Martial Arts Planet, ShaolinWolf, etc. The best members on here are here because of the complete fucking stupidity and rampant bullshit on those other "noob friendly" forums. If we were to make the internet equivalent of oversized crayons with which the slow witted would be enabled to participate more in-depth, we'd be inundated by them. Why would we want to make it easier for stupid **** to be posted here?

Bullshido will soon be a two-part site. One with a static set of information resources, and this interactive portal. It's been in the works for a while now. Those who want simple information can feel free to browse and lurk on the forums. But those who chose to participate should have some testicular fortitude and be able to argue their point with equal parts eloquence and grammatical violence.

For ****'s sake, we're martial artists. Our hobby involves punching people in the face. If you can't verbally spar using limited rules on a discussion forum, you're probably not actually sparring using limited rules in your own training.

And as a consequence, you're the type of person we're going after, not the type we're courting to join us.
    1) I think much of this is misdirected beyond my initial musings on the subject. I like the edgy atmosphere.

2) No problems with dirty words. I cuss like a sailor on a daily basis.

3) Noob-friendly: It was just an idea. If (and I mean IF) Bullshido ever wanted to grow beyond what it is, it would have to adapt to...well, noobs. That was my only point -- I was not saying it should or should not go this way. I can take it or leave it.

4) Equal parts eloquence and grammatical violence? Nice phrase. But who are you kidding? I've seen very little eloquence, and plenty of "violence" and idiot fucktards with scarcely enough grammar and writing skill to string together a coherent sentence. (Which is fine... )

Noob-friendly does not equal doom, nor am I saying Bullshido should become watered down. I merely raised the thought.

Do we want forums inundated with noobs from the likes of karateplanet? Hard to say. On the one hand, those are exactly the folks that may need a little bullshido "edumacation" -- on the other hand, they might make the forums suck, unless they were relegated to certain areas.

"This site was founded specifically because of the lack of freedom on other sites to discuss these issues without having those discussions whittled away by excessive rules, moderation, and false decorum to the point where they had no substance and accomplished nothing."

But that returns me to my initial thought: Bullshido is great as is and I like it -- but if we ever wanted to reach out beyond our scrappy little cage-fight on the Internet (and accomplish something that could truly reach a larger audience) to warn them of idiots like Ashida Kim (and others), changes would need to be made.

Either way, it doesn't matter to me. I'll stick around regardless. I only offered the thought as a point(s) of discussion from someone close to the topic (I'm a professional writer/editor, presently working as part of a larger, professional Web team producing content for and managing multiple community Web sites.) It was just a thought. :)

-daGorilla
    Last edited by daGorilla; 8/17/2005 1:22pm at .

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    8/17/2005 2:40pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Do you have to use so much profanity, Dude?"
    "What the **** are you talking about?"
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81415161718 19202122 ... LastLast