Our Sponsors:

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61213141516 17181920 ... LastLast

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 1:30pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick
    So, step the **** up then guys. Put your time and money and body on the line, like PHROST, like Sam and Asia and Omega and Anthony and Osiris and TNK and kickcatcher and beka and bunyip and the other members who've worked their butts off in exchange for whining and abuse, who've been beggered and betrayed and mocked.

Raise the tone by PRODUCING THESE THINGS YOU SAY WE SHOULD PRODUCE. You have a venue here, you can and will be heard.

PUT UP.
    It goes way beyond merely producing anything.

For starters, moderators would need to actually moderate, and act professionally. We'd have to start by seriously cleaning up our acts, so to speak. Relegate the adult humor/potty mouth/No Holds Bar discussions to specific adults-only forum(s).

The site itself would need an overhaul to make it Noob-friendly, mainstram friendly, AOL friendly, if you catch my drift.

It would take a lot of work. Personally, I'm happy to help if this was a direction someone decided to go with the site.

But the site's design, structure, organization, etc. is out of my hands (literally and figuratively). I'd be happy to help generate occasional content -- be it movie reviews, video reviews, dojo reviews, etc.

From there... as I put on my Dr. Evil hat... as Bullshido cleans up and gains more mainstream respect, relationships could potentially be established with major MA magazines. An "approved" school directory of legit and quality schools could be offered... it could be... well, cool. :)

But it would take a lot of work, time, and probably money that I doubt we have.
    I can still dream of a better Bullshido and tell folks to go f*** themselves. =D (see, I self-censored myself).

-daGorilla

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 2:39pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That would be going to far. We want to go from Side One to Epitaph. We don't want to jump off Epitaph and onto Interscope.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 3:21pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by daGorilla
    It goes way beyond merely producing anything.

For starters, moderators would need to actually moderate, and act professionally. We'd have to start by seriously cleaning up our acts, so to speak. Relegate the adult humor/potty mouth/No Holds Bar discussions to specific adults-only forum(s).

The site itself would need an overhaul to make it Noob-friendly, mainstram friendly, AOL friendly, if you catch my drift.

It would take a lot of work. Personally, I'm happy to help if this was a direction someone decided to go with the site.

But the site's design, structure, organization, etc. is out of my hands (literally and figuratively). I'd be happy to help generate occasional content -- be it movie reviews, video reviews, dojo reviews, etc.

From there... as I put on my Dr. Evil hat... as Bullshido cleans up and gains more mainstream respect, relationships could potentially be established with major MA magazines. An "approved" school directory of legit and quality schools could be offered... it could be... well, cool. :)

But it would take a lot of work, time, and probably money that I doubt we have.
    I can still dream of a better Bullshido and tell folks to go f*** themselves. =D (see, I self-censored myself).

-daGorilla
    We will always be irreverant, sardonic, and sarcastic here. This site was founded specifically because of the lack of freedom on other sites to discuss these issues without having those discussions whittled away by excessive rules, moderation, and false decorum to the point where they had no substance and accomplished nothing.

I'm sorry you have issues with "dirty words". Such a label is used to teach children what is and what is not appropriate to say in general social situations. However, we're not children; most of us understand the not-so-subtle boundaries beyond which we don't sling the words "fucktard" or "douchebag".

As far as making this site "noob friendly"... I have no interest in courting the participation of idiots like the ones that infest KarateForums, Martial Arts Planet, ShaolinWolf, etc. The best members on here are here because of the complete fucking stupidity and rampant bullshit on those other "noob friendly" forums. If we were to make the internet equivalent of oversized crayons with which the slow witted would be enabled to participate more in-depth, we'd be inundated by them. Why would we want to make it easier for stupid **** to be posted here?

Bullshido will soon be a two-part site. One with a static set of information resources, and this interactive portal. It's been in the works for a while now. Those who want simple information can feel free to browse and lurk on the forums. But those who chose to participate should have some testicular fortitude and be able to argue their point with equal parts eloquence and grammatical violence.

For ****'s sake, we're martial artists. Our hobby involves punching people in the face. If you can't verbally spar using limited rules on a discussion forum, you're probably not actually sparring using limited rules in your own training.

And as a consequence, you're the type of person we're going after, not the type we're courting to join us.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 3:34pm

Style: thugjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

well I just came back from town

I just got done carting my little brother around so he could pay his overdue parking tickets and a strange thing happened while we were leaving the liberty mutual parking garage. We were both attacked by a fiersome ninja ! Fortunately, my brother was there and i screamed at him to "go get that Katana i bought from ebay the other day it's in the trunk" meanwhile i fended the ninja off with a parking barrier. My brother came running back fast as he could and tossed the sword which i retrieved in mid-air parried a blow on my way down and severed the ninjas head clean off.....and the quickening felt rather good!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 4:15pm

Style: thugjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    steroids>ashida kim

We all need to remember that classic moment.

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 4:27pm

Style: Mostly drinking. E-chaun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so are you calling bullshido on just aishida kim or also on the bad adaptation of robert e howard's hero into that first (but enjoyable) conan movie?

(yes, I'm bored!)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 4:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Te No Kage!
    yawn.....

since I'm the closest living offender and he obviously has my name and address on file, I'll let you know what happens, thankfully our legislators in Tallahassee last year made it legal to shoot and kill anybody that comes into your house
    I think I'm a little closer. Maybe I can have the pleasure of being attacked by a group of ninjas next time I'm at the grocery store or something. Think I should watch my back?

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 4:43pm

Style: Mostly drinking. E-chaun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I only fear the beverly hills ninja, his skill is legendary, he is the only true ninja master.

Ex-RAF

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 4:52pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You know, I'm somewhat surprised he hasn't posted here to defend himself at all. I'm aware of the fact that He Who Shall Not Be Named reads this site, and yet he doesn't feel the need to put his POV across at all? I guess he knows when he's beaten.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/16/2005 4:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto Blutarsky
    I only fear the beverly hills ninja, his skill is legendary, he is the only true ninja master.
    I really enjoyed those ninja movies during the 80's. The one with that Japanese guy and his kid. They don't make them like that anymore.
Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61213141516 17181920 ... LastLast