Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast

Martial mediocrite

Posted On:
    8/15/2005 5:55pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where ARE the legitimate schools of ninjitsu?

Seriously. I'm interested.
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Judo Instructor

Posted On:
    8/15/2005 6:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohff
    I think I know who you are talking about. I knew the guy professed to be a ninja, but I was unaware he claimed Ashida Kim as part of his lineage. I think I'll approach the situation with caution though; the guy has been helpful in his dealings with the cage, and I feel like talking to him politely could actually shake up his perspective on things.
    Yeah, like I said, he seemed a nice enough guy; I felt a little bad just laughing at him like I did - I honestly thought he was being sarcastic. But after that he played in low-key, so did I.

He has something of the true believer feel about him, so I doubt a direct approach would work - but get him to roll sometime - maybe. It's hard to say.

I'm reminded of an old guy I worked with one summer; he came around and mowed at the Horticulture department's research farm. I liked him, but he kept going on about "cation exchange capacity" was the key to soil fertility. Most of you are probably thinking BFD - let me just say it's a crackpot idea - and one that had been completely discredited by soil scientists at the university - scientists that he'd talked to. His conclusion was that the scientists just didn't know what they were talking about.

I liked the guy, except for when he was a complete nutjob about this one aspect of his life.

I get the same feel here.

With out-and-out, blatant frauds, bashing is easy. But it's harder when the person is 90% decent, 10% WTF!?.

I've had similar experiences, perhaps, teaching biology; I've encountered religious fundamentalist who want nothing to do with that evolution nonsense. In a couple cases, I think I've managed to sneak a few of the important concepts past their barriers, tricked them challenging their beliefs.

Ninja teaching method.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    8/15/2005 6:19pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    3 things re the seriousness of this site:

1. Believe it or not, the site is getting more serious over time.
    2. The more videos and articles we produce, the more the forum will become secondary to the content. The forum, IMO, should be somewhat more secondary to the the content. It should be where we talk about our own training, investigations, and the content pipeline. Most informational websites do NOT get judged by their forums first.
    3. I actually agree with Nightstrike Jones - we are alienating ourselves from potential converts when we make a point of being as foul as we can sometimes. I wouldn't show a 14 year old this forum, at least not all of it, and it isn't intuitive - an internet newbie googling their martial art of choice won't find what they need here without a little digging. The solution? Members produce more faqs for newbs.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Posted On:
    8/15/2005 6:25pm

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Te No Kage!
    Then what's he doing? If he's NOT doing NOTHING....

I think he's pissed because he's been out-ninja'd. Someone was able to get close enough to him to get a picture while he was vulnerable and unawares, while "hiding in the bushes". He makes it sound all cool when he's talking about it, but when it hits home it's no longer a laughin matter.
    I thought that too. I think it hit home with him cause he can duck fights by saying that is not what he(or ninjas) do. But he's supposed to be this big shot ninja and he got nailed with his own 'tactics'. I think it worries him cause his kiddie followers might all the sudden doubt his awesome ninja skills if a regular guy just hid in the bushes and taped him. Like Jay, I really wanna see those pics too.

Ex-RAF

Posted On:
    8/15/2005 6:34pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is, to use a saying, like watching a trainwreck.

With ninjas.

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/15/2005 9:26pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick
    I don't like being lectured at about what the site SHOULD be. It is what the members make it. You're responsible, all of you.
    JKDChick speaks the truth.

The old guard gives way to the new.

Put up or Shut Up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Posted On:
    8/15/2005 9:28pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Unfortunately if anyone taps Ashida Kim I have a feeling that his followers will truly push the "50 year old with bad joints" argument. Followers of Ashida Kim are followers for a reason. They didn't think that well to begin with and can't think any better now that Hunter has a leash around their necks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2005 10:53pm

Style: HKD, TKD, Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it me or is Ashida Kim like a girl that gets drunk at a Frat Party? I mean, she exposes herself to some pretty hazardous people, then complains when she is abused and thrown away. He says he's a ninja, puts up a 10K challenge, then whines when he is shown for the fraud and bafoon he is.

He is like some of the instructors in my area, lots of hot air, then bitch and moan (and potentially sue) when called on the carpet. I am most disheartened by the "members" of his forum that say "who cares" if Kim is fraudulent with his certificates. They don't see the problem with passing BS Certs? I am blown away.

Altough, truth be told, busting AK is kinda like busting Nixon. Though the article is fabulous (we need more like it), I couldn't help but think that it was a bit of beating a dead horse.

Gotta admit... when AK is the dead horse, it's always fun.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/15/2005 10:55pm

Style: HKD, TKD, Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    May I post the article on other sites if not already there?

Posted On:
    8/15/2005 11:15pm

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Angry_Spastic, if you want info on real Ninjutsu, search on google for Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu. Search for Steven K. Hayes, Masaaki Hatsumi, Jack Hoban, Richard Van Donk, Charles Daniels and any other actual BBT instructor. Search for Toshindo. Anything else take with a grain of salt and research.

Ashida Kim and all his aliases, Bryce Dallas, Rick Tews and Frank Dux are all BS artists.

The Genbukan organization was started by a teacher who split off from BBT over difference's on teaching methodology and rank progression, so they have authentic skills, but still, be careful.

Ronald Duncan with his "Koga" Ninjutsu was a former student of BBT, but he stole some stuff and claims he has scrolls to make him a Grandmaster, which is a lie. His skills might be good, but everything else is BS.

Robert Bussey was a former BBT student who felt it was anti-catholic and left, and then went on to mix BBT with TKD and MT. (WTF?) Mostly he's famous 'cause a couple of his students fought in the early UFC. Hell, one of them, Steve Jennum, won one as an alternate. (Had a crap fighting career after that, though.)

Check out Cliff Lenderman; he's a B-movie chop socky movie guy who mixed BBT with JKD, Kali, TKD, and Kempo. (My WTF-meter just exploded.) He's a powerlifter with his own site now and he's currently peddling a weight loss program. The movie's he's been in suck, but you can see him as Steven Hayes's opponent in early BBT books, and he was in a JKD book showing how he mixed Kali and BBT and talks about how JKD should borrow survival, stealth and fighting skills from BBT. Actually I like the blend of BBT and Kali; both are dirty, and both have similar ways of attacking soft spots on the arm.

On a personal note, I used to be what they would call around here a BBT nutrider. I got injured at work and had to quit. I later dabbled in TKD, then got into Bruce Lee's movies and books and became a big JKD nutrider. I even moved to the West coast so I could take JKD. Ended up broke, moved back home. Tried MMA on an amatuer level, but my cornerman was a liar, and thief who stole form me, so I chased him out of town and haven't had anybody decent to train with since. Tried 8 Step Praying Mantis and after two weeks left in disgust. Nice people, bad art. Nowadays I try my damndest to not be a nutrider of any style. The philosphy of JKD is about using the best moves from any style, and recognizing that you should go outside of your knowledge to learn more. I want to go train in BJJ and more MT with Lohff and the guys from Cagefighting, but it's too expensive and I'm looking for a job right now. recently I got news about a new BBT guy in town, so I will more than likely go back to that, too. That's my two cents.
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast