Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2003 12:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    R.I.C.E. Rest, Ice, Elevation, Compression.

Posted On:
    3/26/2003 12:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    jow = dit da jow

It's an herbal formula that suposedly helps with joint pain, sprains, and body hardening excercises. They use it in iron palm/fist/whatever training

Posted On:
    3/26/2003 12:52pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "But you'll want to ask your doctor about the dose, sometimes it can irritate the stomach."
    the more the better, just kidding, wouldn't want you to OD and die

--
    Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed later.
    Training in Nike-Do lets you laugh at how tired the other guy is. *Pant, Pant*
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2003 2:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I swear by (along with ice) naproxen sodium (brand name--Aleve.) It really does the trick with pain and swelling, and lasts alot longer than other anti-inflamatories.

A word of caution-- anti-inflamatories can actually increase the amount of bruising you get, so watch your dosage before any MA practice.

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    3/26/2003 3:53pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "After that I tried to get it up but couldn't and tried about twice more but couldn't bring it up past my chest."

You think that is very smart? And yet you have the guts to call me slight retard? Honestly I think you should stay away from the gym before you ruin yourself! Also do some research before do a new excrises.

One advice, NEVER use any weight that is too hard for you. If it is too hard, reduce it!

Just throw rock at it and it will go away.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/26/2003 3:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The trainer I use told me that most people over train the biceps. The triceps is the largest muscle and they should be trained as much or probably more than the biceps.

The trainer at my old gym got me doing all these wrist lifts. I had tendonitis, chronic elbow pain and it was gone in a couple of months. Hold the weight (light) and put the forarm on a pad or table and keep it rigid. Lift lots of reps (in general 30 or more to burn x3 for injuries) with the hand moving in all four directions - back of hand toward face, front toward, both sides up. So as your injury heals you can concentrate on building wrist/forarm. I was also told that bench press is not good for the shoulder joints - same kind of thing where one can over train the chest and neglect the joint. I do bench press and inclined bench, but I've added various "fly's" and "circle eights" with light weights for shoulder joint and rotator cuff. Circle eights is where you imagine a marble in your palm, turn the hand toward your stomach, keep turning lifting the upright hand over your head out and around and repeat and do it reverse. It's a tai chi thing that I use with light weights - good for shoulder and don't worry, your wrist is just the beginning of a (hopefully) long career of injuries so you can plan ahead!

>>>Always walk on a bright, wide road. If you choose to live with your right posture, you don't have to go on a dark road or a malodorous place. Oyama
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    3/26/2003 4:07pm

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So every weight excrises will cause chronic pains?

This is the reason I don't like weights at all because it will have a lot of negative effect on joints.

Also if people work out so much then their muscle would get really big (NOT a average atheletic size though). Once their muscle got realy big and the person stop excrise and get older. Their bones will become weaker and be unable to support all weight of muscles. Once that happen, who know what will happen?

You can excrise your muscle but there are no way to excrises your bones.

Just throw rock at it and it will go away.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2003 5:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    F-Dragon, studies prove that exercising the muscle DOES exercise the bones. Older people that lift weights have much higher bone density than old folks that don't lift.

Ex-ATA and Proud of it.

Posted On:
    3/26/2003 5:10pm

Style: Jeet Kune Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So every weight excrises will cause chronic pains?

This is the reason I don't like weights at all because it will have a lot of negative effect on joints.

Also if people work out so much then their muscle would get really big (NOT a average atheletic size though). Once their muscle got realy big and the person stop excrise and get older. Their bones will become weaker and be unable to support all weight of muscles. Once that happen, who know what will happen?

You can excrise your muscle but there are no way to excrises your bones.
    Alot of misconceptions here. Weight training imporves bone density. Also, when you quit training with weights you lose your muscle mass at approximately the same rate it was gained, so you would lose weight and reduce the stress placed on the bones.

Weight training can cause chronic pain if you over train, lift to heavy a weight, or do not lift with proper motion. If done correctly these problems are minimized or eliminated. Never train with weights for more then 60 minutes. Always start with lighter weights and work up slowly. Never lift with sporadic or jerky motions, they place undue stress on ligiments and tendons. Always lift heavy weights with a smooth motion and a two count positve movement and a four count negative movement. If you are going to do explosive lifting, or lifting at a faster rate, reduce the weight to about 60% to 70% of your normal training weight. Get plenty of rest, never lift more then three times a week.

Weight training is a fantastic exercise program. It increase strength, flexibility, and power. Just lift with common sense.

Sincerely,

Knowing it is not enough, we must apply.
    Willing is not enough, we must do.
    Knowing it is not enough, we must apply.
    Willing is not enough, we must do.

Never approach a Bull from the front, a Horse from the rear, or a Fool from any direction!

He who dares not offend cannot be honest. -- Thomas Payne

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    3/26/2003 5:40pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Weight training only stresses joints if done wrong.

Anytime you lock yourself into a certain plane of movement that goes against natural movement - your asking for injury.

Carbon - how were you doing bicep curls.
    With a straight bar or ezy bar ?

--------
    Make friends with them until they beg for mercy.
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast