Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 8:51pm

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My one experience of multiple attackers was a while ago, but I still have the scar (literally). It was apparently 7 blokes (I thought 5), though it was a crowded room, so it was difficult to tell. There was no way in hell I was going to 'win', but I managed to get away with a split lip and some facial bruising. I'd like to say that I had some strategy or tactics, but really I just blocked like there was no tomorrow, and avoided going down. I was told that I broke someone's nose with a punch and broke someone's rib with a kick, but I really can't say (as far as I could tell I was the only one bleeding). I'm just glad they mostly couldn't punch (except for the guy who split my lip - that was a nice one). In short, too messy, too quick, and too many attackers to do anything but survive until it was over (when security arrived).
    Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
    click here to order on Amazon

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 11:48pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i know a couple of people who have successfully fought multiple opponents without running away. my dad has one kidney which doesn't work - he fought 3 people one time and was hit with a pole on the back. i'm pretty sure it ended up with two of them out and one running away. so it's possible. dad was an excellent boxer though and he'd been in the police force for a few years. i'd say most people would have a lot of trouble doing something like that. he's also fought people with knives... but that's another story.

watch what dogs do in a 2 on 1. one will get directly in front and the other will get directly behind, which confuses the victim. as soon as they engage one attacker, they get hit from the back. i think it's just about the best way for multiples to take someone out.

if you're the victim, don't let one get behind you of course. line them up.

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 12:03am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno
    i know a couple of people who have successfully fought multiple opponents without running away. my dad has one kidney which doesn't work - he fought 3 people one time and was hit with a pole on the back. i'm pretty sure it ended up with two of them out and one running away. so it's possible. dad was an excellent boxer though and he'd been in the police force for a few years. i'd say most people would have a lot of trouble doing something like that. he's also fought people with knives... but that's another story.

watch what dogs do in a 2 on 1. one will get directly in front and the other will get directly behind, which confuses the victim. as soon as they engage one attacker, they get hit from the back. i think it's just about the best way for multiples to take someone out.

if you're the victim, don't let one get behind you of course. line them up.
    For two or three, fair enough, but five, six, seven? I guess if you kept training for that many attackers you'd get better at 'zoning', but I'd prefer not to find out whether or not it works.

As for the blokes that hit your dad - they must have been gutless to need weapons with those odds (reminds me of the recent bullshit in Cronulla).

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 12:11am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think he was sort of dealing with two pretty well and then one ran off to look for something to hit him with. it was a post taken from the road which had a lump of gravel and tar at one end. he swung it at dads back and it smashed his kidney. dad didn't drop and the guy ran off. the other two were fucked up on the ground. so then the backup finally gets there and then dad passed out. he didn't find out for years that his kidney didn't work anymore.

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 12:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danno
    i think he was sort of dealing with two pretty well and then one ran off to look for something to hit him with. it was a post taken from the road which had a lump of gravel and tar at one end. he swung it at dads back and it smashed his kidney. dad didn't drop and the guy ran off. the other two were fucked up on the ground. so then the backup finally gets there and then dad passed out. he didn't find out for years that his kidney didn't work anymore.
    Nasty. I suppose he should be thankful it wasn't his head. Talk about small mercies...

Any cops involved, or retribition served?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 1:14am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dad WAS a cop. the backup was another police officer. sorry, i neglected to mention that.

every now and then he tells me some crazy story... he was a professional boxer (ranked around number 10 for a while in aus), a police officer in england and australia, and then owned and ran a pub in aus. plenty of chances for crazy **** to happen.

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 1:32am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=danno]dad WAS a cop. the backup was another police officer. sorry, i neglected to mention that.

every now and then he tells me some crazy story... he was a professional boxer (ranked around number 10 for a while in aus), a police officer in england and australia, and then owned and ran a pub in aus. plenty of chances for crazy **** to happen.[/QU]

Got it. This is not a bloke seeking the quiet life.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567