Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    8/10/2005 10:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fact:
    If you can't beat one person, you can't beat 2 or 3 or more.

Fact:
    you get hit when fighting 1 person, expect to get hit ALOT more fighting more than 1 person.

HONEY BADGER!

Posted On:
    8/10/2005 11:13am

Style: Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BatRonin
    Fact:

Fact:
    you get hit when fighting 1 person, expect to get hit ALOT more fighting more than 1 person.
    Fact:
    if you get tired when fighting 1 person, expect to get tired ALOT more fighting more than 1 person.

EDIT: Cardio is the god of combat.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/10/2005 11:16am

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKing
    I agree with you 100%, which is the idea I put fourth on my OP repeatedly. MY suggestion was takedowns (the kind where you stay standing) mixed withg disabling stuns as opposed to attempting some a 1 hit KO or any kind of ko. on this note dont go by the diagram alone!
    Sorry that I missed it in the OP.

I would forget any type of takedown. I think it would risk entangling you way too much. I'm with Yrkoon9 on the "arm swinging" towards, through and past so you can run like a mofo plan.

- Matt
    Student of Wan Yi Chuan Kung Fu,
    Kali, & what ever works
    Renaissance Martial Arts
    Rochester, NY

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2005 1:19pm

Style: Empty-Hand Style

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At my dojo we do have some drills. (mabe unrealistic but it helps to get a feel)
    Here are em rules:
    1 :3-4(Attacker) vs 1 (Defender)
    2:Defender loses if he gets taken to the ground and kept there while being stomped.
    3:Defender loses if he gets punched in the back or 5 good hits in the front.
    4:Defender wins if he can last over a minute.
    5:Attacker sits for 5 seconds if he gets a good hit

Now from these drill what I have learned is that you need to have a good sense of stratagy and MOVE all the time knowing which guy is where.The best way to win and kill time is to :-
    1:Throw one guy on another.
    2:Grab one dude and use him as a humen shield (not for long so do 1:).
    3:Utilize the snap side kick to bug and get them to stay at a distance.
    4:Use mainly judo throws avoid going to the ground at all costs.
    5:Learn loads of standup grab escapes.
    4:The TKD back kick work (sometime) if they creep up yer back
    6:Open yer pants and piss on em attackers (or on the floor for the slip effect)

I haven't tried the 6th move yet but what the heck.One thing I really found out is that Karate stances work better (kyokushin anyone) rather that the boxer/kickboxer basic stance . TKD kicks work for a while but you have to use them to a limit and avoid getting yer leg grabbed.Ground grappling is a BIG no no !This might sound stupid (only on this site) but those rolls you learn in Akido and Judo kinda work when you get knocked down and wanna get up quick.Guys dont make fun of me for posting this I'm just 17teen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2005 1:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My real life experience with multiple attackers

The guy Salman pushes me just waiting for something to happen so that his cronies (around 9 other asslickers) can just jump on me. He got his hand up to throw what looked like a haymaker (a real dumbfuck).I stepped in and punched him with a hook to the jaw.He fell down.Some small guy gets Salman on his feet while another big one steps in front of me to get a a nice kick to the shin and goes down to his knees.I yell out to Salman."YOU WANT MORE !! (inmy native language duh!)" He called me a mother-fucker and as I walked towards him the other 8 fags start taking steps back.He did the most funnyest thing.Practially ran behind his so-called "gang" for cover . The fight ended with us cursing one another with a human wall in between us.

I just want to point out that I would have had my ass kicked if I haden't punched the guy first and yelled out . Yelling actually worked more like a battle cry (as I would like to call it) by scaring them into not retaliating at all.The way they moved back when I tried to approach Salman for the second time told me they got pretty scared.

Salman is now a o.K friend of mine.He started respecting me out of what I can only see as fear and worked his way up.
    Last edited by Shams; 8/10/2005 1:49pm at . Reason: Misspelled

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    8/10/2005 1:53pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fact that you train to fight multiple attackers instead of simply running from them makes me question your r3ahLzm.

The fact that you actually mentioned 'winning' these scenarios makes me even more skeptical.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2005 2:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BatRonin
    Fact:

Fact:
    BY "1 person" are you reffering to an UFC fighter or just this skinny dude who listens to too much death metal and "thinks" hes a badass.

To me its way easy to pick on random guys on the street cause most people dont have combat experience .........but if that random dude is a MArtist in any way we all done for !!!!!!

No longer a Kaju-Critic

Posted On:
    8/10/2005 3:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Kajukenbo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    on a side note, I have no "street" experience in multiples. Just what I've tried with some sparring buddies. I for one don't like pre-set "get out of this situation" cards, so I'm more inclined to agree with yrkoon9 in his post - however I still want to believe that pushing forward is alot better than trying to sit there and deal with everyone.

However, no where could i even IMAGINE beating ANYONE if you were to be attacked by multiples. How often have we seen videos of someone getting the group beatdown?

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    8/10/2005 3:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by king of seals
    Fact:
    if you get tired when fighting 1 person, expect to get tired ALOT more fighting more than 1 person.

EDIT: Cardio is the god of combat.
    Indeed, but realise that, in "real world" fighting, you don't have 1 minute, much less 5 or 10 to "win" the fight.
    Especially so in mulitple person situations.
    The longer it lasts, to worst it will be foor the guy out numbered.

As for dealing with the "average punk" on the street, well, you can ASSume he can't fight or desn't know how to fight, or you can ASSume you are more trained and in better shape, there is alot you can ASSume.

Though I prefer to assume that the person DOES know how to fight, if he doesn't, great, if he does, I am prepared and...

Proper
    Planning/preperation
    Prevents
    Piss
    Poor
    Performance.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast