Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2005 4:17pm

Style: Shito-ryu, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sweats
    For one, they're pathetic sissies that would get physically ruined in any remotely realistic situation. Secondly, most of the sport karate douche bags "fight" like that. Their strategy is to just try to keep their head out of reach while they drop their hands so that less of their torso is exposed. Then, they see who can lovetap the other first. You'll also notice a lot of retreating and back turning. They try to get the touch in first and run away, not to mention turning away since often their rules don't recognize any targets on the back.
    I've gotten the chance to fight alot of kyoshukin and shotokan practicioners. They spar like kickboxers, and it's no joke when they hit you.

I think this is the ruleset we use for 13 yr olds with frosted tips who want to feel tough.

Posted On:
    8/09/2005 4:26pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PorkFat
    I see two guys hopping around on one leg with the other leg extended as they chase each other around. Then this Robbie kid pounces forward like a kitten to touch his opponent with both hands. That seems like a winning strategy to me!
    I seem to recall this clown's site has come up before.

Yep, it's crap-fu of the worst order. 100% americanized, mulleted middle-america crap-fu, or at least in that ilk. I bet he probably does XMA too -- with "numchuks". He probably prefaces every kata with his life's story, his sensei's story, the history of his kata, and a bunch of Mr. Roboto over-exaggerated bowing.

<pause to spit>

Even traditional sport karate still relies solid reverese punches and good kicks -- even if it is tag. Just google George Kotaka and you can see some of his fights. Sport Karate, yes, but good sport karate. None of this Tae Kwon Crap Fu Do.

-daGorilla

Ex-RAF

Posted On:
    8/09/2005 4:47pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Painful Delight
    I've gotten the chance to fight alot of kyoshukin and shotokan practicioners. They spar like kickboxers, and it's no joke when they hit you.

I think this is the ruleset we use for 13 yr olds with frosted tips who want to feel tough.
    I'd be interested to see that - from what I can tell, it looks like MT has a definite influence on KK (no surprise considering the 70s fights). Know where I can get any good clips at all?

Posted On:
    8/09/2005 5:14pm

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw some point sparring last month. It was sad. It really was 'foot tag'. Sad thing was the determined looks on the 'competitors' faces. You'd have thought it was a real fight by the looks on their faces.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    8/09/2005 6:06pm

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by karate26
    Whats up,

Here is some serious BS karate for you. As a karate guy myself, I can't stand seeing this kind of crap promoted as the real thing...make sure to sign this fool's guestbook before you leave!

http://www.lil-robbie.com/CanadianFight.htm

http://www.lil-robbie.com/USFight.htm

Let the flaming begin.
    You must have lost to him in a tournament.

LOL. His team competed at last years Battle of Atlanta. The tag your it portion, err I mean point sparring. It was a true waste of my time.
    Last edited by Knightmare; 8/09/2005 6:14pm at .

Posted On:
    8/09/2005 10:44pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was it any of you guys who signed his guest book trying to enlighten him on point sparring? Or was it some other wise soul out there that shares the bullshido cause?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2005 11:11pm

Style: JTKD/ARNIS/BJJ/km

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

what a waste time...

http://www.lil-robbie.com/USFight.htm
    What is the old guy triping on the stuff that lil robbie is that must the groups straight jacket positions :cussing: dam turnies

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2005 1:23am

Style: Karate, Judo, Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

retort

Most recent entry from his guestbook:

Home page: http://kimmyskarateworld.piczo.com
    August 9 2005
    Hey Robbie! Yea it's me haha, finally decided to sign ur guestbook! Ur a great dude, an awesome fighter n a good friend. Love seein u fight cuz u rawk, n remember ur like hoodinni in da ring(work that magic boy)!! N' u ppl sayin that point fighting is garbage, n that robbies fighting wit kids, maybe u should try it and we'll all see if you're able to accomplish what he has in the martial arts world! ALrite, luv ya rob -oxo-

Take that bitches... lol

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2005 2:11am

Style: Karate, Judo, Kendo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

dodo hypothesis

Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment, but I was just checking out some of the websites of people who posted in robby houdini's guest book and, after looking at a few galleries, I was wondering: how come every single kid who does whatever the hell it is they do have about 100 gigantic trophies? Has anyone done this stuff before? Does everybody win?
    IMHO Doing martial arts this unbelievably badly and still calling it that, well it doesn't just leave you vulnerable to attack, but warps your character and your mind. Believe it or not, I have never encountered point sparring before, it is just leaving me shocked as hell.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2005 2:26am

Style: Choy lay fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I could totally take that little girl....
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast