Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 1:52am

Style: MT (no, not "empty")

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Watched a few more Korean movies

Finally got to see 2009. Very good story esp. since it could be classified as a sci-fi thriller. Basically about an alternate timeline where Japan never got kicked out of Korea, didnt lose in WWII, Korean War never happened etc.

I think its criminal JSA isnt more widely known. Its heartwrenching at times, but i recommend it highly.

Public Enemy reminded me of a Takashi Miike film. If you get past some of the wierdness/silliness its a hell of a good story about a crooked, barely competent cop who realizes he actually does care law and justice. Also has a ton of quotes.

Also found this site with some good pan-asian film reviews
    http://www.kfccinema.com/index.php

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 5:08am

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anybody seen Natural City? It's new on DVD, looked promising and was billed as a Korean "Blade Runner", but with the main theme of "love". When I saw that I had a feeling it was going to be more of a "too-hot-to-be-cyborg-cyborg-lady" falling in love or something after a few courtesy action sequences, and getting lame, rather than getting bloody.
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 6:38am

supporting member
     Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lifetime
    Anybody seen Natural City? It's new on DVD, looked promising and was billed as a Korean "Blade Runner", but with the main theme of "love". When I saw that I had a feeling it was going to be more of a "too-hot-to-be-cyborg-cyborg-lady" falling in love or something after a few courtesy action sequences, and getting lame, rather than getting bloody.
    From the trailer it seemed to be really good but when I actually saw it I felt incredibly bored. It sucked.

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 1:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Korea makes quite a bit of good movies, actually.

This one's probably the best I've seen yet, although there's many other good ones.
    Haha really? I thought that movie was really average.

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    11/11/2005 1:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dodger87
    Just watched Bittersweet Life. I take back all the **** I said about Korean movies. I was watching bitch movies before. Once again Bullshido you've opened my eyes. Martial arts and movies.
    :) chez
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456