Posted On:
    8/08/2005 1:54pm

supporting member
     Style: BALEETED

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Superman Returns

synopsis:
    Following a mysterious absence of several years, the Man of Steel comes back to Earth in the epic action-adventure Superman Returns, a soaring new chapter in the saga of one of the world's most beloved superheroes. While an old enemy plots to render him powerless once and for all, Superman faces the heartbreaking realization that the woman he loves, Lois Lane, has moved on with her life. Or has she? Superman's bittersweet return challenges him to bridge the distance between them while finding a place in a society that has learned to survive without him. In an attempt to protect the world he loves from cataclysmic destruction, Superman embarks on an epic journey of redemption that takes him from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space.

In the words of Peter Griffin "ahw... Gayyyy"

:gaygay:

Not to mention the new outfit...

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 2:10pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They should make a Superman where he is addicted to cocaine. It will be great. Since it can't really hurt him, he will want more and more. Eventually he'll turn super crazy and start killing people and snorting everything.

PL

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 2:56pm

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by japuma630
    synopsis:
    Following a mysterious absence of several years, the Man of Steel comes back to Earth in the epic action-adventure Superman Returns, a soaring new chapter in the saga of one of the world's most beloved superheroes. While an old enemy plots to render him powerless once and for all, Superman faces the heartbreaking realization that the woman he loves, Lois Lane, has moved on with her life. Or has she? Superman's bittersweet return challenges him to bridge the distance between them while finding a place in a society that has learned to survive without him. In an attempt to protect the world he loves from cataclysmic destruction, Superman embarks on an epic journey of redemption that takes him from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space.

In the words of Peter Griffin "ahw... Gayyyy"

:gaygay:

Not to mention the new outfit...
    soooo... is this gonna be like... a stupid hollywood-ized Superman version of Dark Knight Returns?

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 3:18pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds a little more like Kingdom Come.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 3:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Think 2 hours of the coffee house sceen in Spiderman 2...

Sociocidal sociocider

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 3:37pm

Style: Currently a SAMBO newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But but..Kingdom come was cool

this, however, is not
    Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Machiavelli

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 4:19pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lets look atthe comic book movie formula shall we:

To be a successful comic book movie it needs to be:
    Truthful to the comic + belivible actor playing the role + hot love interest (or atleast eye candy) + lots of cool action sceens where powers are utiliezed = good enjoyable movie

Now recently a few of the comic book movies have followed this: x-men 1 & 2 batman returns (although katie holmes was a bit lacking in the looks part of the equation)

Now let exam. one ofthe worst comic book movies recently made... The Hulk.

Shady Bruce Banner played by Eric Bana + Jennifer connely not all that hot looking + too much inner stuggle which took away from Hulk Smashing time + generaly not as badass as the Comic = Horrible movie to which Ang Lee should hang himself for runining the Hulk.

Now we have Superman Returns and what it looks like it going to be...

Brandon Routh cast as Superman (-) + Kate Bosworth as not appealing eye candy + ridiculas new superman outfit (whats with the little speedo briefs?) + a story line where it sounds like Superman may cry... which will take away from cool action and makes him look like a general ***** ( its superman for christ sake) = A shitty movie which I will probally see any ways be cause I'm a tool and its superman. (but that doesn't mean i have to like it)

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 4:58pm

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never got Superman, what's so exciting about the adventures of an invincible man with super strength, can fly, freze breath, and shoots laser from his eyes all while being weak against probably the rarest substance in the universe.
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 5:37pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The rarest substance in the universe which happens to be found on Earth a LOT.

I hated most of The Hulk. The only good scene was the lab where he smashed **** after they tried to drill him. The whole desert scene was long and boring.

PL

Sociocidal sociocider

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 5:49pm

Style: Currently a SAMBO newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I liked the "hulkified"-poodle scene

Ang Lee was the worst choice ever for the hulk. If anything, he should have done Daredevil. Which also sucked

I always thought Superman formed The Justice League to have a superhuman Kryptonite removal-squad
    Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. - Machiavelli
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast