All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    8/11/2005 3:35pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    Here's my metaphorical bet. I'll gamble with rep points.

Neither side will unilaterally back down. There will eventually be mutual agreement that this is a misunderstanding when Asia finds out that JFS credential's are genuine, and JFS realises that Asia is also a genuine MA who was just trying to arrange a sparring match because he feels it's his duty to step up when challenges start getting thrown around (he didn't want one of the other board members making lots of noise to get into a Knightmare situation, but then go through with it and get hurt).
    <sigh> OK, now we have to add "Cancelled by mutal agreement"

And at this point, maybe some sort of parlay/trifecta
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

WTF???

Posted On:
    8/11/2005 3:37pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith
    BTW I actually kinda dig your dirty Balls.
    Fixed for you.
    Mauro: Coming into the ring now is Giant Silva. 7 foot 2, 385 lbs, making his debut in Pride.
    Bas: Wow, that is one big guy!
    Mauro: He must have an enormous Johnson!
    Bas: Ur…I suppose.
    Mauro: What are his keys to victory here in the Pride ring tonight?
    Bas: Well I think he needs to use his reach, avoid Heaths takedowns, and try to use his size to overpower him.
    Mauro: I mean, imagine the size of that thing!
    Bas: Now Heath is coming into the ring…
    Mauro: Do women really like them that big? Doesn’t it hurt?
    Bas: I really wouldn’t know.
    Mauro: I’m starting to feel a little insecure.
    Bas: Let’s just talk about the fight.
    Mauro: You’re right, el Basito. What are Heaths keys to winning here tonight. What does he have to do? What are his strategies for emerging victorious here in the Saitama Super Arena tonight?
    Bas: Well, the first thing…
    Mauro: My wife says she doesn’t like them too big, that it’s all about how you use it.
    Bas: That’s not what she told me.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    8/11/2005 3:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mirth
    Tried doing a google on the adepta PowR-Pad. All I really got was www.adeptasport.com saying they're no longer producing them. So I don't know exactly how they are used to measure force output. Is the PowR-Pad some sort've padded one strikes and it either measures electronicaly or mechanicaly the amount of force applied to it? I wouldn't bother with the questions normally but it seems as if they've very left little fingerprints on the net.
    Yeah, got no idea why they went out of business. At one time they had a few different versions ... some suitable for mounting on football (American) blocking sleds I think along with a couple wall mounted versions.

A while back they had a statement up that said the patent had been bought by some guy, gave his contact info, and that was it. I Emailed the addy provided a couple of times asking about production & sales start up dates. Never got any response nor was the message bounced back to me.

It's a basic force plate set up ... the original concept came from the aircraft design
    industry ... I think ... don't hold me to that. Rocky Marciano was measured on a prototype ... there might be something on the Net on this ... dunno.

Here's a link that might fill in the gaps: http://kwon3d.com/theory/grf.html

The PowRPad was kind of restrictive in that you had to impact in a specific place ... you couldn't just blast it at will and get any kind of read out. It broke within a year as well ... just a useless mounted pad at that point. John

On the wrong side of the pond for gong sau

Posted On:
    8/11/2005 3:45pm

supporting member
     Style: San shou(tai chi) +judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    The PowRPad was kind of restrictive in that you had to impact in a specific place ... you couldn't just blast it at will and get any kind of read out. It broke within a year as well ... just a useless mounted pad at that point. John
    After I don't know how many pages I'm still entertained by how you keep calling everyone John. John.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickx
    It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
    Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    8/11/2005 3:48pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    <sigh> OK, now we have to add "Cancelled by mutal agreement" And at this point, maybe some sort of parlay/trifecta
    I never doubted or expressed any doubts - concerns regarding Asia being a "real" MA so the scene portrayed ain't gonna happen.

Now start scratching off the stupid ****, e.g., the weather thing, my ever submitting, etc. John

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    8/11/2005 3:50pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll
    After I don't know how many pages I'm still entertained by how you keep calling everyone John. John.
    Yeah, I have that effect on people ... JuJu dontcha know? John

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/11/2005 3:52pm

supporting member
     Style: BALEETED

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so he won't submit... maybe he'll just pass out and die

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2005 3:57pm

Style: Judo, a tiny bit of bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Christ, hold that thought and when Asiasshole reports back you be enough of a Man, or Woman, to admit that you spoke out of turn and apologize.
    Fair enough, you beat Asia, I will admit I spoke out of turn. So far the only times I've seen ranting like this from any adult online has been from an old, drunken never-was boxer and various old 'streetfighters' who got drunk and decided to start slagging off martial artists. But there is a first time for everything, and I won't discount the possiblity that your 'hard man' act isnt just a front for a monstrously out of control ego that's been wounded by those who have proven their skills where everyone can see them.

WTF???

Posted On:
    8/11/2005 4:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mauro: Coming into the ring now is Giant Silva. 7 foot 2, 385 lbs, making his debut in Pride.
    Bas: Wow, that is one big guy!
    Mauro: He must have an enormous Johnson!
    Bas: Ur…I suppose.
    Mauro: What are his keys to victory here in the Pride ring tonight?
    Bas: Well I think he needs to use his reach, avoid Heaths takedowns, and try to use his size to overpower him.
    Mauro: I mean, imagine the size of that thing!
    Bas: Now Heath is coming into the ring…
    Mauro: Do women really like them that big? Doesn’t it hurt?
    Bas: I really wouldn’t know.
    Mauro: I’m starting to feel a little insecure.
    Bas: Let’s just talk about the fight.
    Mauro: You’re right, el Basito. What are Heaths keys to winning here tonight. What does he have to do? What are his strategies for emerging victorious here in the Saitama Super Arena tonight?
    Bas: Well, the first thing…
    Mauro: My wife says she doesn’t like them too big, that it’s all about how you use it.
    Bas: That’s not what she told me.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    8/11/2005 4:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess I'm putting Johnny boy to sleep then or he's going to have broken bones. Just Knocking the **** out won't be as satisfying.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh