Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 123 45671353103 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 9:43am

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have nothing against Wing Chun individuals if they support hard sparring. This is the most common problem with Wing Chun, a lack of hard sparring. You told us to spar a WC student and see for ourself how effective WC is? The thing is... many people on this board HAVE sparred a WC and that's where they got their opinions from.

Wing Chun Instructor

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 9:55am

Style: fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronen_y
    Hi everyone
    Why so many of u hate WC so much?
    This is one of the most effective, great MAs!
    Any good reason?
    Why would you poke a hornets nest with a stick?

Coming here to defend Wing Chun is a giant waste of time that will only lead to frustration.

I come here to see topics of interest and do not take part in WC discussions.... I suggest you do the same. :XXhippylo

Fencing Instructor

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 11:04am

Style: Sabre/Rapier/Katana

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Normally I don't care about one style or another, but since you wanted to bring up the "Street" arguement.

Here's the trick, when you can beat me in a "Street" enviroment and overcome a baton we'll talk. Since my BJJ coach can and has beaten me in such a spar I think I'll go with the whole "sport" art myself.

This is not a knock against WC in general as I don't care much, it's a knock against any idiot who argues the street and sport line.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 11:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no real responses...
    evidence? First if an MA is a "ring fighting" MA it's not street fight efficient - where there are no rules.
    That's one of the reasons u can't see many WC fights. But try some sparring with a WC fighter and see for yourself.
    Second - why choosing WC as a useless MA? What about most of the Karate MAs? Most of them are only applicable in a ring or studio. Try kicking someone in the head on the street.. If you r not VERY VERY trained and lucky u'll get ur ass kicked.
    I trained WC for about 2-3 years so don't think this is out of ignorance.

First off, the "street efficiency" of Wing Chun is overrated. Wing Chun spends too much time on "lethal" techniques that aren't drilled in a live situation. The reason for this is that obviously you don't want to poke your training partner's eyes out or break their arms. Unfortunately this leaves you with very little applicable training. The way you train is the way you will ultimately fight. If you don't train it for real, then chances are, you won't be able to use it.

Furthermore, it's not like these "ring" fighters don't know about eye gouging or arm breaking or any of the other "lethal" techniques of wing chun. In fact, chances are, their level of knowledge of these techniques are at par with Wing Chunners - they know about it, but can't realistically train it. So what do they do? They realistically train WHAT THEY CAN. This is the biggest difference between ring fighters and chunners/TMAers. The latter think that just because they KNOW techniques, that it is good enough, that they can pull it out in a fight - most don't even train hard after that. The former train their skillset to the bitter edge of the law, before it gets illegal (that's how you end up with stuff like NHB).

Your second point is very much a generalization. Karate guys kicking to the head on the street? Have you even ever taken karate? For someone who's yelling about the ignorance in evaluating wing chun, you're being pretty damn hypocritical. Decent Karate instructors (ie those who have had live situations) don't teach bullshit like kicking to the head. Albeit there are a good deal of BS karate out there, but WC takes the cake - by far the biggest load of crap with its chain punching, its "economy of motion" that refuses to let anyone get any power in their techniques, the lineage wars, and the infamous WC antigrapple.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 12:24pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, yeah, in other words....search function!
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 12:36pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi everyone
    Why so many of u hate WC so much?
    This is one of the most effective, great MAs!
    Any good reason?
    I don't have anything against WC (except a 2x4 upside their head). It's little :knob: s like yourself that come on here and jacking off to the awsome effect it has.

EWWWW, me not impressed.

Spar a WC guy, done, oh look they are vunerable in almost every which way you can think of. Nope never ran into anybody who could effectively use WC exclusively and I've come across many. They have some interesting theories that I've employed but nothing to base an entire fighting system off of. I'm still trying to figure out how they've lasted this long in the first place. Ew, I know because it looks cool, that's it. Now let's go hit some wooden dummies and think we're cool.

Most guys that are decent branch out of WC. We have little numbnuts like yourself on this board that sprout out about every 4 months. They come here with the same arguement, we say the same thing. We're more versed on the arguements than you'll ever be because we've got 3 years experiance on you. Go practice more fucking piss slit.

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 12:46pm

Style: wingy chingy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like leejunfan said, basically it's impossible to discuss the relative merits of wing chun with anyone on this board. Most people here are convinced that its a worthless art. Which is cool, eventually you'll get over trying to defend your art, ronen y. It's really pointless to have these arguments over the internet anyways. You get a bunch of guys who just spout the party line and think because an internet martial arts community has successfully indoctrinated each other into believing something, then its true. Then all examples to the contrary will be ignored. Don't everybody be offended, because some of you are still capable of rational communication about wing chun. (-:

Also, it's fun to mess with people who care so much about defending themselves in online flame wars. :)
    "It does not matter who the master is. It does not matter what the face looks like. The masters are of the Qimen school of qigong/meditation which is related to Zen. The master wears white robes, and the predecessor master wears bright gold robes. The qimen school travels the univers and is not restricted to what paradise they live in. It has many masters" -Serious Harm

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 12:50pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by grond
    Like leejunfan said, basically it's impossible to discuss the relative merits of wing chun with anyone on this board. Most people here are convinced that its a worthless art. Which is cool, eventually you'll get over trying to defend your art, ronen y. It's really pointless to have these arguments over the internet anyways. You get a bunch of guys who just spout the party line and think because an internet martial arts community has successfully indoctrinated each other into believing something, then its true. Then all examples to the contrary will be ignored. Don't everybody be offended, because some of you are still capable of rational communication about wing chun. (-:

Also, it's fun to mess with people who care so much about defending themselves in online flame wars. :)

:new_321: Or you get the guys who like to pick on the newbie fucks.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 12:53pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always thought WC was some sort of bullshido in-joke.

WTF???

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 12:54pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ LARPing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have nothing against Wing Chun. In fact, I think everyone should train in it exclusively. Except me.
    Mauro: Coming into the ring now is Giant Silva. 7 foot 2, 385 lbs, making his debut in Pride.
    Bas: Wow, that is one big guy!
    Mauro: He must have an enormous Johnson!
    Bas: Ur…I suppose.
    Mauro: What are his keys to victory here in the Pride ring tonight?
    Bas: Well I think he needs to use his reach, avoid Heaths takedowns, and try to use his size to overpower him.
    Mauro: I mean, imagine the size of that thing!
    Bas: Now Heath is coming into the ring…
    Mauro: Do women really like them that big? Doesn’t it hurt?
    Bas: I really wouldn’t know.
    Mauro: I’m starting to feel a little insecure.
    Bas: Let’s just talk about the fight.
    Mauro: You’re right, el Basito. What are Heaths keys to winning here tonight. What does he have to do? What are his strategies for emerging victorious here in the Saitama Super Arena tonight?
    Bas: Well, the first thing…
    Mauro: My wife says she doesn’t like them too big, that it’s all about how you use it.
    Bas: That’s not what she told me.
Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 123 45671353103 ... LastLast