232559 Bullies, 4417 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 1489
Page 2 of 149 FirstFirst 12 34561252102 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. MrMcFu is offline

    Badness will not be rewarded

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    4,839

    Posted On:
    8/08/2005 6:04am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chi sau versus knife/gun

    Someone please set this up and film it.

    Then upload for my viewing pleasure.

    That is all.
      #11
  2. Knightmare is offline

    DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,473

    Posted On:
    8/08/2005 6:15am


     Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronen_y
    oh, i forgot, if somone has a gun u can grapple him to death...

    Did I say anything about grappling? No. Stfu.
      #12
  3. Sophist is offline
    Sophist's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    986

    Posted On:
    8/08/2005 6:39am


     Style: Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronen_y
    no real responses...
    evidence? First if an MA is a "ring fighting" MA it's not street fight efficient - where there are no rules.
    You're missing something important, and we're only at the second sentence of this post. Yes, in the street there are no rules (ignoring the law for the moment). However, in training there are rules. And WC's training rules tend to be a hell of a lot more restrictive than those of arts that spar full contact on a frequent basis. It comes down to how well your training approximates a real fight; and a boxing sparring drill is much closer to this than the two-step "sparring" of a great many other martial arts.

    Quote Originally Posted by ronen_y
    That's one of the reasons u can't see many WC fights. But try some sparring with a WC fighter and see for yourself.
    Plenty of the people who damn WC as useless here have spent years training it. You're assuming it's being condemned from ignorance. In many cases, it's not.

    Also, given a damn small percentage of WC fighters actually spar meaningfully inside their art, there aren't many with the stones to step up and spar with people from outside their art. Those which have usually have failed to impress. Those very few who impressed somewhat did not impress at such a level as to validate the whole art. Search, damn you. Search.

    Quote Originally Posted by ronen_y
    Second - why choosing WC as a useless MA? What about most of the Karate MAs? Most of them are only applicable in a ring or studio. Try kicking someone in the head on the street.. If you r not VERY VERY trained and lucky u'll get ur ass kicked.
    Well, we don't get many rabid braindead karate nutriders on this board. The wing chun morons who occasionally infest this forum all seem to think that wing chun is the best fighting method ever, far superior to anything else, with no shred of evidence to back it up. We ask them for evidence time and again, and they come back with bluster. This breeds a certain vitriolic hatred of the pests, and I've gone over the space of several months posting here from caring very little about wing chun and knowing very little about it to sharing the forum view that "Wing Chun is a disease that destroys rational thought."

    Stop treating it like a fucking religion. If you want to change people's minds, upload some video of good WC sparring (persuade the best WCers you know to go at it) and turn up to a Throwdown and kick ass. If you can't or won't do either, shut the **** up and **** off, because we've heard it all before.
      #13
  4. Spicyfood Jenkins is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Kanada
    Posts
    35

    Posted On:
    8/08/2005 7:06am


     Style: Judo n00b!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ronen_y, we do not ALL hate wing chun here (though I am a dirty newb like you, so my word will mean jack ****). wing chun was the first MA i ever trained in, and i still love it, but primarily for exercise/health reasons. i still do the lohan from shaolin every morning, but i would never really on that **** to protect myself in a real confrontation. WC may be effective in sparring with other WC partners, but i would never palmstrike in a real fight, would you? boxing, bjj, judo, etc. are simply more applicable to "real situations," which is probably why a lot of people here diss it so bad. i love WC to this day, but i can understand why people would not take it seriously as a method of self-defense, as it is too impractical for that.

    oh ya, whoever told you to search was right, i have been reading threads with merciless WC disses for the past few days. the dissing... it hurts me lol
      #14
  5. Fantasy Warrior is offline
    Fantasy Warrior's Avatar

    Misguided style basher

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,714

    Posted On:
    8/08/2005 7:26am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Owned by Sophist
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

    just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM


    Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/
      #15
  6. jubei33 is offline
    jubei33's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    the H-bomb
    Posts
    1,606

    Posted On:
    8/08/2005 7:38am


     Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wing chun is out dated, get over it you whiney little baby
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

    He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.
      #16
  7. ronen_y is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13

    Posted On:
    8/08/2005 7:42am


     Style: Wing Chun

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    don't look at it as a "methood of self defence". Technique is the less important thing. Improving skills to react quickly and effectivly is the important part of WC.
    For you who diss chi sau - It's a TRANING system! you don't use it in a fight! You use the skills you achived from it in a fight
    And no, It's not the best MA, cause there is no such thing. But it is for sure not the worst
      #17
  8. jubei33 is offline
    jubei33's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    the H-bomb
    Posts
    1,606

    Posted On:
    8/08/2005 7:47am


     Style: Boxing, Solar Ray Attack

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What do you honestly think your opinions are some origional thing we havent all talked about at least a dozen times before?

    I'm glad you came here to enlighten us---NOW YOU CAN USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

    He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.
      #18
  9. MrMcFu is offline

    Badness will not be rewarded

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    4,839

    Posted On:
    8/08/2005 8:05am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronen_y
    don't look at it as a "methood of self defence". Technique is the less important thing. Improving skills to react quickly and effectivly is the important part of WC.
    For you who diss chi sau - It's a TRANING system! you don't use it in a fight! You use the skills you achived from it in a fight
    And no, It's not the best MA, cause there is no such thing. But it is for sure not the worst
    chi sau = dead pattern

    "_ing _ung is a disease which destroys rational thought"
      #19
  10. Wout is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    52

    Posted On:
    8/08/2005 8:59am


     Style: kendo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronen_y
    don't look at it as a "methood of self defence". Technique is the less important thing. Improving skills to react quickly and effectivly is the important part of WC.


    And no, It's not the best MA, cause there is no such thing. But it is for sure not the worst

    What is it then, if it's not a method of self defense? A sport? Oh no not even that, because sports fighters wouldn't know how to defend themselves, but then the argument goes full cirlce doesn't it because you said
    'Hi everyone
    Why so many of u hate WC so much?
    This is one of the most effective, great MAs!
    Any good reason?'

    My question is, effective for what: improving skills and reacting quickly and effectively to what and effective in order to do what? (you can react effectively if you are trained to react accordingly)
    If you say WC is 'not a method of self defense', I would rather take rather take 100mtr sprint as an art of self-preservance, it also helps you to react quickly and appropriatly to a life threatening situation.
      #20
Page 2 of 149 FirstFirst 12 34561252102 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.