Seeker of Knowledge

Posted On:
    8/31/2005 2:41am

supporting member
     Style: Chen Style Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    WHAT IF THEY AREN'T HOME? WHAT IF THEY ARE BEHIND YOU AND USE THE NOISE TO ASSUME THE MOUNT? YOU WILL NEED BJJ THEN, I ASSURE YOU!

Yeah but did you think about the broken glass and lava around.... huh... did you... punk...
    "If you can get it from my kungfu grip then you can have it... otherwise... step off b*t*h!!!" - Meet the Parents

"Hetero or Homo I don't see anyone telling him, "NO SIR I WILL NOT TAKE IT IN THE ASS!!!" " - Asia

"My neighbor has what he calls an "immortality potion" that will let you live forever.
    People have been telling him that it's stupid and will not work... for 1200 years." - Leodom

Banish Uncertainty
    Affirm Strength
    Hold Resolve
    Expect Death - read in a book

http://uk.360.yahoo.com/shadowdh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2005 7:43am

Style: Arnis, WC, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This should spice it up.

I see that a few Wing Chun Masters are learning BJJ:
    http://www.kamonwingchun.com/Brazilian%20Jiu-Jitsu.asp
    http://www.weng-chun.com/bjj/

Can we expect to see a fusion style soon? WCBJJ?

It would be all powerful. All the weaknesses of BJJ could be fixed with WC!

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    8/31/2005 7:49am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I aint punchy!?
    This should spice it up.

I see that a few Wing Chun Masters are learning BJJ:
    http://www.kamonwingchun.com/Brazilian%20Jiu-Jitsu.asp
    http://www.weng-chun.com/bjj/

Can we expect to see a fusion style soon? WCBJJ?

It would be all powerful. All the weaknesses of BJJ could be fixed with WC!
    Its NOT that complicated.
    You see that your system lacks something, you learn it and add it on.
    Silly to do otherwise.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    8/31/2005 8:03am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What would be _really_ good for Wing Chun is if these WC guys didn't just add BJJ groundfighting skills to their game, but took note of BJJ's training methods and applied them to Wing Chun. I think you could make something really interesting out of Wing Chun in the same manner Kano made something interesting from JJJ.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    8/31/2005 10:46am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdh
    You make it our business when you post claims like that... its a PUBLIC board... as has been pointed out many times in this thread John... oh and its Chen Taiji... ahhh what the hell... I am just nit picking...
    Really? Well then, if it's "your" business then I suggest YOU tend to it ... you know, in person, at arms length, the right way, the traditional way, the martial way.

How about you come to the next thing I do on your side of the pond? Bring your Sifu with you. I'll provide you with some written proof of who & what I am and then I'll put the question to both of you ... at the same time. Yum cha or gong sau ... no one ever has to ask twice.

Edit: Screw this dumbshit. John
    Last edited by JFS USA; 8/31/2005 10:54am at .

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    8/31/2005 10:53am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdh
    I could think of at least one... ie lets say he "meant" that it was 12 years ago that he started training with him... (a dodge) but only actually trained for the 3-4 years or he started 12 years ago and then kept going back only intermittently after the first 3-4... all semantics and flim flammery but still ways of dodging... but youre right that its a serious blow to his cred...
    No, Hell no, that's entirely too transparent. I was talking about the pro boxing thing to begin with ... but what the fook ...

The "right" way would have been for jay to state that he did Bai Shi with his WC Sifu 12 years ago ... then it's an open ticket ... Todai are given allowances that outside the door students are not given.

How one is taught tends to be completely different. Not at all uncommon for a Sifu to load up one of his Todai heavy for a year or a few years and then send them "outside" to wander - test - discover for a few years. In some lines it's SOP.

I'm not posting the pro boxing outs. John

Seeker of Knowledge

Posted On:
    8/31/2005 11:30am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Really? Well then, if it's "your" business then I suggest YOU tend to it ... you know, in person, at arms length, the right way, the traditional way, the martial way.

How about you come to the next thing I do on your side of the pond? Bring your Sifu with you. I'll provide you with some written proof of who & what I am and then I'll put the question to both of you ... at the same time. Yum cha or gong sau ... no one ever has to ask twice.

Edit: Screw this dumbshit. John

So thats a no then with regard to giving out the info of you beating Royce... or have I got the wrong end of the stick and its just the thing about the letter...

BTW... hmmm sticks and stones and all that... but as I have repeatedly said... it aint me making the claims... sure you could whip my arse and then we could all go for some dim sum but the point is still valid that you inferred a claim on a public board... not I said the fly...
    "If you can get it from my kungfu grip then you can have it... otherwise... step off b*t*h!!!" - Meet the Parents

"Hetero or Homo I don't see anyone telling him, "NO SIR I WILL NOT TAKE IT IN THE ASS!!!" " - Asia

"My neighbor has what he calls an "immortality potion" that will let you live forever.
    People have been telling him that it's stupid and will not work... for 1200 years." - Leodom

Banish Uncertainty
    Affirm Strength
    Hold Resolve

Seeker of Knowledge

Posted On:
    8/31/2005 11:31am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    No, Hell no, that's entirely too transparent. I was talking about the pro boxing thing to begin with ... but what the fook ...

The "right" way would have been for jay to state that he did Bai Shi with his WC Sifu 12 years ago ... then it's an open ticket ... Todai are given allowances that outside the door students are not given.

How one is taught tends to be completely different. Not at all uncommon for a Sifu to load up one of his Todai heavy for a year or a few years and then send them "outside" to wander - test - discover for a few years. In some lines it's SOP.

I'm not posting the pro boxing outs. John

I agree with that... he should have posted it as you say... but to give him more "respectability" he "may have" stretched the "truth" a little... interesting info re the todai but... cheers...

Banish Uncertainty
    Affirm Strength
    Hold Resolve

Safe For Work

Posted On:
    8/31/2005 11:35am

supporting member
     Style: Shaolin Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMcFu
    Please this thread is getting crappy. I want to see it at least one hundred pages. Someone start trolling please.
    You must have missed this gem on the previous page:

Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    And I reckon I could take Helio and he's supposed to be the BJJ grandmaster.
    Jaguar's MMA record
    pre Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0
    post Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0 (BOO YAA!!)

We're number one! All others are number two or lower.
    - The Sphinx (Mystery Men)

Merry Christmas Bitch

Posted On:
    8/31/2005 11:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: Canadian Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just so you know, when this thread reaches 100 pages it will self-destruct ( close).