Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/09/2005 1:35pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see Troy as a Hapkido guy, he addresses himself as a TKD guy. Not his fault it's mine.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    8/09/2005 2:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    I see Troy as a Hapkido guy, he addresses himself as a TKD guy. Not his fault it's mine.
    yeah .Omega I am not not saying the fault is in your hands or even that your wrong about him being a HKD guy I see him saying how effective and complete HKD is just as much as TKD on the WEC Forum . I dont know anything about him or his school I can only go on what Troy has said himself and what I can find on the internet .

There is no telling what he will actually use in the ring till fight night , thats one of the reasons why I asked if he was trying to be funny in my first post . I just hope he is GOOD @ what ever he decides to use ! I still cant find any video of him fighting or training but I find alot of "I will destroy you!! " typestuff on the message boards which usually isnt a good sign :emo: .
    I just think he is trying to promote his( Troy Miller's ) school and its teachings ( focusing on the "correct application of TKD") rather than trying to represent Hapkido as a complete stand alone art becouse his biggest money maker is the TKD program , IMO based on a few of his many posts I have read on the WEC .

But then again I am prone to snap judgements no matter how hard I try to be analytical and not follow my emotions or wishfull thinking .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2005 3:55pm

Style: MT,bJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    yeah .Omega I am not not saying the fault is in your hands or even that your wrong about him being a HKD guy I see him saying how effective and complete HKD is just as much as TKD on the WEC Forum . I dont know anything about him or his school I can only go on what Troy has said himself and what I can find on the internet .

There is no telling what he will actually use in the ring till fight night , thats one of the reasons why I asked if he was trying to be funny in my first post . I just hope he is GOOD @ what ever he decides to use ! I still cant find any video of him fighting or training but I find alot of "I will destroy you!! " typestuff on the message boards which usually isnt a good sign :emo: .
    I just think he is trying to promote his( Troy Miller's ) school and its teachings ( focusing on the "correct application of TKD") rather than trying to represent Hapkido as a complete stand alone art becouse his biggest money maker is the TKD program , IMO based on a few of his many posts I have read on the WEC .

But then again I am prone to snap judgements no matter how hard I try to be analytical and not follow my emotions or wishfull thinking .
    There's a small vid of him breaking some bricks on his web page...

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    8/09/2005 6:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ainttappin
    There's a small vid of him breaking some bricks on his web page...

oh WOW :qleft7: . Hey did I mention I break bricks , take Hapkido, and play with BJJ too ?

Although to his credit I bet money he is more than "playing in BJJ" & one should never underestimate the power of snappy TKD kicks against a well train and conditioned fighter :icon_roll ... no offense to the TKD people who make it work ... but making it work usualy turns TKD into something else .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2005 1:23am

Style: TKD, Kendo, Kenjutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't you mean overestimate =]

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    8/10/2005 2:51am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nii
    Don't you mean overestimate =]
    * shrugs *

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/10/2005 5:49am

Style: AMAI TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no offense to the TKD people who make it work ... but making it work usualy turns TKD into something else .
    ...turns it into.....TKD?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2005 12:46pm

Style: WT and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Didnt gary goodrige use some Korean TMA in his first MMA fight?
    And he sure won too, so not all TMA is unfit for MMA fights even against an MMA fighter.
    Just need someone to win an MMA fight doing WT, then we will have some one to back up our TMA too. :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2005 1:42pm

Style: Baboo Baby

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Is it Hapkido as it's taught in 95% of the schools in the US, or Hapkido that magically uses the guard, triangle chokes, heel hooks, etc, or in other words, BJJ/Judo/SubGrappling under the Hapkido name?
    I train with some guys like that, but it only superficially looks like BJJ. When they do armbars they think it's important to get the leg over the chest instead of the head, they willingly set themselves up for omoplatas, they for some reason can't do triangles at all and their guards really resemble body scisors more than real guards.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2005 7:20pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WT5000
    Didnt gary goodrige use some Korean TMA in his first MMA fight?
    And he sure won too, so not all TMA is unfit for MMA fights even against an MMA fighter.
    Just need someone to win an MMA fight doing WT, then we will have some one to back up our TMA too. :)
    Noobie..... :5eek:
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast