218358 Bullies, 7626 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 12:11pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Omega... tell Scott to start sending us promo info directly. We'll put it up here for free to help the sport.

Loving Father

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 12:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, O -
    Tell Scott we want vids of him sitting on you, too!
    :toothy9:
    `~/

sorry, I'm just jealous I can't train with guys like Scott!

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 12:45pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meex
    Hey, O -
    Tell Scott we want vids of him sitting on you, too!
    :toothy9:
    `~/

sorry, I'm just jealous I can't train with guys like Scott!

:disgust: .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 1:04pm

Style: HKD, TKD, Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omega,
    Who is the HKD guy? Where is he from? What school?

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 3:28pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 6:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    Most people forget that kickboxing actually started in TMA. For some reason they think it started in a place called Thailand. I keep telling them ohhh! You me that TMA called muay thai.

Seriously though kickboxing is an American 'coined' art that originated when the TKD and Karate guys decide to throw on boxing gloves for 'full contact' karate. Because of the boxing gloves some started calling it boxing with kicks and therefore kickboxing.

Okay back to regular discussion.
    cultural barrier. over here kickboxing= modified muay thai... there are clubs that do "american style" (i visited one) but they are pretty damn few and far between.

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    8/08/2005 8:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I call bullshit

According to His own words on the WEC forum it sounds like its TKD he is representing .
    Troys own word over at WEC Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy Miller

In consideration of recent events and comments in ragards to my fight with Tosh Cook. I have decided that it will be in the best interest of me, the WEC, and the fans if I just come out and knock the living f*#% out of this guy and show every one once and for all that Taekowndo is better and more effective than BJJ if applied right. I know that I got beat by Green, but I guess every fighter has to loose at least one fight to get woken up realize what you need to do to win. I will not loose this fight, but I will make Tosh regret stepping into the WEC cage with me.

way to many posts on the usefullness of TKD under TROY's Name over there on those forums . Is this all some big sick joke ?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2005 9:09am

Style: MT,bJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey
    According to His own words on the WEC forum it sounds like its TKD he is representing .
    Troys own word over at WEC Forum

way to many posts on the usefullness of TKD under TROY's Name over there on those forums . Is this all some big sick joke ?
    Getting back to the subject..first I have to give props to anyone who trains in a TMA and steps into the ring with today's most efficient martial artist..but someone that has MMA training will wax this guy unless he has crosstrained. I'm interested in seeing how this turns out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/09/2005 11:48am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One problem most TMA guys face it seems when they step into a ring is if they punch a guy for a KO then they won by boxing, if they kick a guy for the KO it's kickboxing and if they armbar/choke/leg lock a guy for a tap then it's of course BJJ (Because no TMA system ever trains punching, kicking or choking as we all well know).

Actual Photo

Posted On:
    8/09/2005 12:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ainttappin
    Getting back to the subject..first I have to give props to anyone who trains in a TMA and steps into the ring with today's most efficient martial artist..but someone that has MMA training will wax this guy unless he has crosstrained. I'm interested in seeing how this turns out.
    Hey asshole the first line in the article is
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    Troy Miller just sent me this email wanted me to let everybody know so here it is. Hapkido represented Thursday the 18th of August.
    So ummm how is pointing out he is using planning on focusing on TKD NOT HKD off topic ?
    I wanted to know more about the Hapkido he is representing to find out if he is crosstraining , and if so in what . So I begain searching through the very few places which has info on Troy and shared what info I found . Troy Miller's comment was in responce to this comment
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosh Cook
    I know Troy is training with Luis in the art of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. No more "hapkido is the most complete style in the world" BS.
    off of this thread in the WEC forum

So yes Troy Miller is crosstraining with bjj has been for I think four to six months now ( not enough time IMHO ) . So I too am very curious as to how this will turn out . From what I can gather Troy wil be using TKD, HKD ,and BJJ . So we have a white boy using two Korean Arts he is ranked in and an Brazilian Art he has been training in less than a year .
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast