Posted On:
    3/24/2003 1:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "There can only be one…moron"

Seattle, WA. May 1997.

A mentally deranged man in a black leather jacket, black jeans, and sunglasses, strode down a busy downtown Seattle street wielding a newly-purchased Samurai sword. He waved the sword at anyone who approached him. The man, who had "been trained in martial arts", was semi-circled off against the wall of a Greek restaurant by police cars in order to contain him. With just a sword he held off reluctant Seattle police officers for nearly 11 hours.

A short time after the incident began, the SWAT team was brought in when the man seemed impervious to repeated attempts by Seattle officers to have him give up his sword. After he tried running at police cars the SWAT team fired at him a series of non-lethal weapons, including: rubber and wooden bullets, beanbag shots, tear gas and styrofoam pellets. None had any effect. When it got colder, he was showered with water and a large fan blew cold air at him to keep him cold and wet. On several occasions, he laid down, or turned to the wall and urinated. But SWAT members resisted rushing him, fearing his sensitivity would be heightened, increasing the likelihood of lethal use of force.

After night fell, several bright lights were shined directly on his eyes to obscure his view of officers positioning themselves to subdue him. At 9:45 PM, fire hoses were directed at him at full force, and knocked him down. Police commanders also sprayed tear gas. Finally at 10:00 PM, the SWAT ladder team, along with an officer with a "pike pole", rushed in to force him against the wall. Using the end of the ladder to force him down on to the sidewalk and against the wall, the pike pole was used to maneuver the sword. The would-be swordsman still refused to let the sword go, but an officer successfully pried his fingers from the handle.

The "swordsman", a confirmed paranoid schizophrenic, had been institutionalized for ten years prior to the incident but was just released six months earlier.

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, creator of the Kungfoolss Darwinian Awards, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/24/2003 2:19pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had no idea Seattle cops were this incompetent.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena
  3. DRD

Posted On:
    3/24/2003 3:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I as I bet many others, have seen that tape of the last few minutes of this stand off numbers of times, and I wonder where you think the incompetence came in. He was subdued, he lived, they lived, and there were no serious injuries.

If I were to wonder about anything in this operation, it would be the DR's that deemed him releasable from 10 years of confinement.

And then maybe he was off his medicine and did not have full mental awareness. Who know's. Unless you are trolling, I think the guys did a great job with a weird situation.

DRD
  4. DRD

Posted On:
    3/24/2003 3:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am sorry Kungfoolss. I neglected to read your profile prior to responding. Of course you are trolling. Apparently that is all you do. Excuse me for treading into your coveted territory of posting nonsense.

DRD

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/24/2003 4:16pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think Kungfools does trolling, he just finds martial art news that most don't want to hear and puts it up.

Go away I'm talking to myself
  6. DRD

Posted On:
    3/24/2003 4:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not saying it in a bad way, more in a keeping with his stated profile way.

DRD

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/24/2003 5:09pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DRD, I'm more pragmatic in my approach to problems. Had I been the on site officer in charge, I would have given him 2 minutes to drop his weapon before I ordered my men to fill that martial arts fruit loop full of holes. Besides, blowing away a psycho isn't a crime, it's humane, similar to putting down a rabid animal.

However, I suppose those cops had nothing better to do but to waste their time and the public's for next 11 hours...
  8. DRD

Posted On:
    3/24/2003 5:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I must admit, that were it my call, it may have gone down much quicker also, because I don't have much patience with numbskulls. I bet if the camera's were not on, it may have been different.

DRD

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/24/2003 5:40pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If the video footage proved anything, is that these so-called "non-lethal" approaches to criminals just don't work...not unless you have half a day and half the cities police force to waste taking one guy down.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/24/2003 10:06pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Atlanta police reports

A 36-year-old shirtless man was in front of a Hollywood-themed restaurant on Peachtree Street "doing Kung Fu and martial arts exercises. He was simulating being in a fight," an officer reported. "A group of school children were lined up to enter [the restaurant] for lunch. I observed him walk up and attempt to kick and punch the children's face and head area.

As I approached, he did a few kicks and martial arts in [the] officer's direction, causing everyone to fear for their safety."

The man was arrested for disorderly conduct.

http://atlanta.creativeloafing.com/2001-05-16/blotter.html

Edited by - Kungfoolss on March 29 2003 21:08:13
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast