218358 Bullies, 906 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 45
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,607

    Posted On:
    5/16/2008 3:40pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt W.
    Can someone give me the Cliff's notes on this? There is a "Kung Fu For Life" place here in Spokane that (so I heard) used to be a Temple Kung Fu school. Allegedly they closed and reopened under the new name (and new management?) due to controversy surrounding TKF.
    This will sum it fairly nicely. I had a link that went through everything but, I can't find it now. I may have to check my old computer.

    http://www.kungfu4u.com/_disc3/00000990.htm

    This is the one that got me interested. I'll add more links as I find them.

    Basically think of all the derisive things about Shaolin-do. Guy learns one thing and apparently fits the market demand by switching with the times. Karate, Kung Fu, SHaolin, etc etc etc.
  2. kensei is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    61

    Posted On:
    5/16/2008 3:46pm


     Style: shotokan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt W.
    Can someone give me the Cliff's notes on this? There is a "Kung Fu For Life" place here in Spokane that (so I heard) used to be a Temple Kung Fu school. Allegedly they closed and reopened under the new name (and new management?) due to controversy surrounding TKF.
    Basically their have been many splits from Simons group. KFL is one of them. From what I understand Simons actions lead to his senior students leaving/expelled and they moved on to create new systems based on his made up system.
  3. kensei is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    61

    Posted On:
    5/16/2008 3:48pm


     Style: shotokan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We had a TKD guy set up shop as a Kung fu school down the block from the TEMPLE, and the ironic part was teh TKF guys were complaining that the TKD guys were not kung fu....I laughed
  4. MajinFajita is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    58

    Posted On:
    5/26/2008 3:21pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kensei
    Basically their have been many splits from Simons group. KFL is one of them. From what I understand Simons actions lead to his senior students leaving/expelled and they moved on to create new systems based on his made up system.
    Ah, that explains the appearance of a Kung Fu for Life in the south end of my city....
  5. Father Dagon is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden, EU
    Posts
    206

    Posted On:
    5/28/2008 7:55am


     Style: None, but looking.

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did someone copy the old forum with Httracker etc?
  6. marcell is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    324

    Posted On:
    6/01/2008 4:29pm


     Style: JKD and BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is there TKF affiliates in Toronto? I would love to go down for a free class, lol.
  7. OZZ is offline
    OZZ's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London,Ontario Canada
    Posts
    3,211

    Posted On:
    6/03/2008 4:00pm

    supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by heng fa
    I think that would be a fantastic resource to have in here, as we constantly have people contact us about them asking questions.
    Seconded.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra
  8. Chili Pepper is offline
    Chili Pepper's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,096

    Posted On:
    6/04/2008 8:22am


     Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcell
    Is there TKF affiliates in Toronto? I would love to go down for a free class, lol.
    Dunno if there are any more, but there used to be. Temple Kung Fu and Energy Lakes Kung Fu were the two names they operated under IIRC.
  9. Bang! is offline
    Bang!'s Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,242

    Posted On:
    6/04/2008 8:50am

    supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No such thing as a free class.

    It goes like this:
    Trial package
    Orange belt program
    Trial package end-date
    Kung Fu Club (brown belt program)
    Relentless hustling of books, uniforms, pads, shoes, rambling, nonsensical meditation lectures
    Pai Hu Shi (black belt program)
    Kung Fu Club End-date
    Weird pressure to join the Neo-Chan Buddhist Temple (monotheistic, homophobic, yet supposedly Zen)
  10. marcell is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    324

    Posted On:
    6/04/2008 11:17am


     Style: JKD and BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Repulsive Monkey
    No such thing as a free class.

    It goes like this:
    Trial package
    Orange belt program
    Trial package end-date
    Kung Fu Club (brown belt program)
    Relentless hustling of books, uniforms, pads, shoes, rambling, nonsensical meditation lectures
    Pai Hu Shi (black belt program)
    Kung Fu Club End-date
    Weird pressure to join the Neo-Chan Buddhist Temple (monotheistic, homophobic, yet supposedly Zen)
    Well, it claims on their site you actually get TWO WEEKS free. In any case, I would love to go down there and ask if I can try class for free. Or just take a class an then not pay, then I can report back how deadly it was.

    The site claimss there is an East and West end school in Toronto, but it's an US site., so maybe they closed down.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.