Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that would be a fantastic resource to have in here, as we constantly have people contact us about them asking questions.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by grasshopperbob
    Recently, the whole senior class (Pai hu Shi) walked out on the Winnipeg TKF studio, due to a triple increase on their costs. This combined with a lack of instruction and poor quality or non-existant training material i.e pads, bags, made many members who were already on the fence regarding all the other crap surrounding O.E. Simon finally decide they'd had enough.

The group now trains together at a local BJJ studio and is learning how to integrate their style with others, to train the weak links with full contact sparring (something missing from TKF.

The other studio in Winnipeg is run by an instructor that was yellow belt two years ago.

Total crap business management out to swindle you.

They were trying to sell us a $10,000 "chartered membership". When we declined out yearly fees went from $480 to $1600. Coincidence, I THINK NOT.

I had copied some of the material from the old site, knowing it would soon disappear, and I'll try to post some later.

I'll let the ex-instructors I know, know about this site.
    I'm sure we'd welcome some write ups about life in TKF from some of you.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It turns out that the Temple Kung Fu "bought" the site from the owner for an undisclosed amount of money.

There is a new forum here.

http://groups.google.ca/group/realkungfu

Please feel free to check it out and for previous TKF members please post your story.

Apprently some of the memberes ther have archived large parts of the original forum which can be brought back I'm sure.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    two members, a good start no doubt, lol. that's cool that it's back up but maybe you a proper forum engine like the old one would get more google bots?
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am reading the new forum....The whole thing is SAD! I know of a few Winnipeg students that are still feeling burned over the TKF issues and that is almost six years later!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Temple Kung Fu website looks more like an advert for new age therapy than a martial arts website.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this a shity style of Kung-fu or a shity style of Kempo? Or both? The website makes claims that sound like" Come and Learn Chinese Kung-fu Kempo Karatejitsu!"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Van
    Is this a shity style of Kung-fu or a shity style of Kempo? Or both? The website makes claims that sound like" Come and Learn Chinese Kung-fu Kempo Karatejitsu!"
    Basically, Yes. From what I understand Olof Simon trained in some Kempo style in the early days and then went on to create his frankinstine monster after learning 20% of what he would need to learn for a real black belt. One of his partners in the early days was a lady that walked away.....strike that...ran away from the mess she saw happening.

My experience told me to stay away, I am glad I did.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Van
    We had a good thread somewhere, I'll see if I can find it or the bio link.

It is a very interesting read.

Community Corrections Officer supporting member
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can someone give me the Cliff's notes on this? There is a "Kung Fu For Life" place here in Spokane that (so I heard) used to be a Temple Kung Fu school. Allegedly they closed and reopened under the new name (and new management?) due to controversy surrounding TKF.

Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last