6/25/2003 2:32am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dog survives plunge after woman drowns in rescue bid

Mainichi Shimbun

June 25, 2003

KYOTO -- A woman drowned after she dived into the Kamo River to rescue her Golden Retriever, which had fallen into the water but, ironically, survived, police said Wednesday.

Yuko Tanaka was walking her two dogs along the river in Kyoto's Fushimi-ku, when one of them fell into the river shortly before 6 p.m., Tuesday. Tanaka, a 36-year-old company employee living in the area, jumped in to rescue the Golden Retriever, but was washed away by strong currents. Upon seeing the woman's act of heroism, a passerby alerted police but rescuers from a fire station only caught her about 80 minutes later some 500 meters downstream, officers from the Fushimi Police Station said. She was taken to hospital, but doctors declared her dead shortly before 9 p.m. The dog managed to swim shore unaided, the officers added.

The river's water was only 1 meter deep at the time, but currents were fast and strong as it had rained continuously since the morning, the officers said. Many people jog or walk dogs along the Kamo River in the area.

http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/news/20030625p2a00m0fp001000c.html
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    6/29/2003 6:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hero mowed down trying to stop empty bag thief

Mainichi Shimbun

Dec. 14, 2001

HIMEJI, Hyogo -- A man died Friday after he stood in the path of a getaway vehicle only for its driver to mow him down and flee with what turned out to be an empty bag, police said. Heroic Yuichi Ito was rushed to a hospital after being struck, but the 26-year-old company employee from Kashiwara, Osaka Prefecture, died shortly after arriving.

Investigators are searching for the men in the car that ran Ito down. They plan to arrest them for Ito's murder. Police said that Ito and a 24-year-old woman had been sitting in his car in the parking lot of a Himeji family restaurant. Several cars were in the lot, including one belonging to the woman with Ito. Just before 3 a.m. a car carrying three or four men drove up into the parking lot. One man got out and stole a bag from the car belong to the woman with Ito.

Ito rushed out of his vehicle and stood in the path of the thief. However, the thief was undeterred, planting his foot on the gas pedal and slamming into Ito. The thief drove off as Ito lay writhing in agony on the ground.

http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/news/archive/200112/14/20011214p2a00m0fp003000c.html
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    6/29/2003 11:09pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny stuff. Thanks Kungfoolss.

My favourite was "The Weapon of Justice".

--------
    El Guapo says, ""You can buy muscles, but you can't buy COJONES!"
    --------
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Titan

Posted On:
    6/30/2003 8:10am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The last one was quite bad, something exactly like that happened here not so long ago. Just let them have the damn bag.

"Giving the cops the finger" was the best one, lol.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Space may be the final frontier,
    But it's made in a Hollywood basement.
    "You realise the transformations give a man enough strength to destroy a truck with his bare hands!?
    YOU HAVE BETRAYED ME, IN THE WORST POSSIBLE MANNER!!" - KiWarrior

"Sport ? That kind of thing's not my bag baby!" - Sammy Franco

"This system was developed with the help of notible BJJ fighter Ribbon Muchado." - "Sifu" Anthony Iglesias

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/30/2003 10:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nah, I go for the Sword of Justice. That's just ironic.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12