Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/24/2003 1:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A thief died trying to flee an art museum in Bonn, Germany.

Peter Grüber panicked after being surprised by a security guard at the Klausmann Museum of Art and when he raced around a corner, impaled himself upon a 4ft-long sword held by a statue of a blindfolded soldier. The exhibit is called "The Weapon of Justice".

(Guardian, 29 June 2000).

Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Mcdojo.com, creator of the Kungfoolss Darwinian Awards, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

http://forums.delphiforums.com/testing12345703/start
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/25/2003 10:12pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pro-Palestinian American Protester Killed by Israeli Bulldozer

March 17, 2003

Rachel Corrie of the International Solidarity Movement

Jerusalem - The U.S. say it has contacted Israel about the death of a pro-Palestinian American activist who was run over by an Israeli bulldozer as she protested in the Gaza Strip. Israel, meanwhile, kept up its pressure on terrorist organizations in the Gaza Strip, where nine Palestinians were reported killed in two separate raids.

On Sunday, Rachel Corrie, 23, was killed when an Israeli bulldozer ran over her as she stood in its way. Israel called it an accident.

Corrie, of Olympia, Washington, was in the Gaza Strip with a small group of activists in the area with the International Solidarity Movement, a Palestinian led group that uses civil disobedience to protest Israeli actions in the territories. There were conflicting reports about the exact circumstance of her death, but other activists with her were quoted as saying that she was standing alone in front of a bulldozer on top of a pile of earth when she fell.

The bulldozer apparently plowed dirt or sand over her, crushing her. She was taken to a local hospital where she died of her injuries, reports said.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    US snowboarder slides to death down hotel handrail

Feb. 23, 2003

NAGANO -- An American pro snowboarder fell 15 meters to his death early Sunday morning after sliding down the handrail of a fourth-floor staircase at a hotel he was staying, police said. Jeffrey Lin Anderson, 23, was immediately taken to hospital but was declared dead shortly after, Iiyama police officers said.

Several hours earlier, the snowboarder apparently had been drinking beer at a Saturday night party at Panorama Land Kijimadaira hotel in Nagano Prefecture, they said. Anderson, accompanied by his friends, began sliding down on the railings of the spiral staircases of the hotel shortly after 3 a.m., Sunday. After successfully sliding down the fifth-floor staircase, he lost balance on the fourth-floor handrail so he fell some 15 meters through the stairwell, smashing his head on the ground floor, the officers said.

Anderson had been staying in a sixth-floor room of the hotel since last Thursday to take part in a snowboard competition at the local Kijimadaira ski course that kicked off Friday. The event organizers held a welcome party starting at 9 p.m., Saturday, where beer was served free-of-charge for the guests. Hundreds of fans, snowboarders and event organizers took part in the two-hour party.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Delivery woman dies after motorcycle crashes into horse

Jan. 27, 2003

UTSUNOMIYA -- A newspaper delivery woman died after a motorcycle she was riding crashed into a racehorse on a street here early Monday morning, police said. At around 4:15 a.m., Hisako Kotaira, 52, collapsed after a motorcycle she was riding crashed into the rear part of 5-year-old racehorse, Tokyu Command, on a prefectural highway in the Nishikawata Honmachi district of Utsunomiya, police said.

Kotaira died from massive stomach injuries 90 minutes after she was admitted to hospital. The horse suffered slight injuries to the left rear leg, but Kimiei Arakawa, 64, a stable worker who was taking the horse to Utsunomiya Horserace Track from a nearby stable, was not wounded in the accident.

Noting that there were no traces of applying the brakes around the accident scene, police said they suspect that Kotaira was not looking carefully in front of her.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/25/2003 10:16pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Railway buff killed with ear to the tracks

Sept. 1, 2002

GOTENBA, Shizuoka -- A teen-age railway buff was fatally hit by a train while he was crouching on the tracks listening for approaching trains, police said Sunday.

At around 3:10 p.m., the 40-year-old driver of a local train bound for Kozu from Numazu on the Gotenba Line spotted a boy with his ear to the track, and applied the emergency brakes, police said. However, the driver was not able to stop the train before hitting him near at a crossing in the Higashtanaka district of Gotenba. The boy was killed instantly.

Passengers and crew on the train were not injured in the accident, according to local police.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/25/2003 10:17pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Teen dies while giving 'finger' to pursuing cops

Aug. 14, 2002

KAMEOKA, Kyoto -- A teen-age motorcycle rider died Wednesday as he turned to give the finger to police officers who had given up pursuing him and slammed into a taxi, police said. A 20-year-old friend of the 19-year-old unnamed boy killed in the crash also sustained a broken jaw. The driver of the taxi into which the motorcycle rider crashed was not hurt.

Police said officers in a patrol car noticed the motorcycle riders had ignored a traffic light shortly after midnight, so turned on their siren and began chasing them. But the motorcycle was able to maneuver the narrow roads far easier than the patrol car and soon sped off some hundreds of meters ahead of the police. Realizing the chase was futile, officers turned off their wailing sirens. The two students riding the motorcycle turned around toward the officers and gave them the finger.

However, they failed to notice that they had gone through another red light and slammed into the taxi. The boy steering the motorcycle died instantly.

Edited by - kungfoolss on June 25 2003 02:34:18

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/25/2003 10:17pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Train slams into suspicious duo on the run

July 28, 2002

HIKONE, Shiga -- Two men escaping from pursuing law enforcers were killed Sunday when their wagon was crushed by a sleeper train at a level crossing here, police said. The identities of the dead pair remain unknown. Some 170 passengers on the Kyushu to Tokyo sleeper train were not injured in the incident.

Police said patrolling officers spotted the duo sleeping in the wagon with the engine still running on a Hikone street and approached the vehicle for questioning. However, the men refused to cooperate and sped away. The officers gave chase in unmarked pursuit vehicles but the wagon slipped away. Shortly before 6 a.m., the wagon, which bore Osaka license plates, broke through a railway crossing barrier and was hit by a Tokyo-bound sleeper.

The men in the vehicle died instantly, leaving police wondering why they were so desperate to escape their clutches.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/25/2003 10:18pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can of beer costs men their lives

July 15, 2002

TSUKUI, Kanagawa -- Two men drowned at a camping ground here after one man tried to recover a can of beer from a river and another entered the river to try to save him, police said. The men were identified as Kyosuke Hidaka, 40, and Sawano Junichi, 39.

Police said the pair had come to the Yasuragi no Sato camping ground in Tsukui at about 10 a.m. Sunday to have a barbeque. At about 12:40 p.m., Hidaka tried to retrieve a can of beer that had fallen into a river, but got swept away by the current. When Sawano entered the river in an attempt to help Hidaka, he also got swept away.

The bodies of the pair were recovered about one hour later and they were taken to the hospital, but both had already drowned. The width of the river was about 15 meters at the point the pair entered it, and the amount of water in the river had increased following the recent Typhoon No. 6, police said. The depth was between about 3 and 7 meters, and the current was reportedly swift at the time. Both men had consumed several cans of beer before the incident occurred, police said.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    3/26/2003 12:42am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At least they died for a good cause.

**The most miraculous power that can verifiably be attributed to "chi" is its ability to be all things to virtually all people, depending on what version of the superstition they are attempting to defend at any given moment.**
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/31/2003 11:48am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Deer hunter fatally shoots friend in head

Mainichi Shimbun, March 31, 2003

SOEDA, Fukuoka -- A hunter has died after a companion accidentally shot him in the head at close range, police said. Police said the man, 55-year-old Yukio Ikishima, was hunting deer and wild boar in a mountainous area of Soeda at about 2:50 p.m. on Sunday when his companion, Mikio Miyazaki, accidentally shot him in the back of the head.

Investigators said the pair had spotted deer in the area and were aiming for them, standing about 1.5 meters apart. However, as Miyazaki fired a shot, Ikishima stood up in front of Miyazaki's shotgun, and was hit in the back of the head.

Police said they were continuing to question Miyazaki over the accident. Both Miyazaki and Ikishima were members of a local hunting society, police said. They had reportedly gone out hunting with three other companions after being asked by Soeda town officials to help dispose of pesky deer and wild boar in the area.

http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/news/20030331p2a00m0dm001000c.html
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast