Posted On:
    3/24/2003 5:54am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seen on another forum
    Hi,
    this is very urgent as we are re-casting for Matsumaru Matsura, the lead character of the film. The Zen Scrolls is a period drama partly set in Japan, and partly in England around the year 1800. Casting is first come first served. Ideally we are looking for a slim dark haried male aged 18 - 25. Character to be played is son of Japanese warlord and needs to be assertive, and aloof, but at the same time sensitive and kind. The film shoot is intensive March 30th from 9am until April 1 at 6pm (filming days being 9am - 9pm average) in Brixham, Devon, with possible extra shooting taking place in Plymouth later, if possible. All meals are provided, and luxury bed and breakfast accomodation, in Brixham town centre.
    Knowledge of Aikido and Iaido is useful, but not vital for the applicants.
    If you are from Plymouth transport is provided to Brixham on the afternoon of the 29th, returning on the evening of April 1 with the director, cameraman, and other cast members.
    Payment for participation are 2 A4 character photos, a copy of the finished film, and a lot of publicity.
    If you are interested, please email thezenscrolls@yahoo.com or call Laura Jury on 07855 090589 immediatly. This film is Laura's HND graduation film, and also has interest from Carlton TV who plan to cover our film for the local TV news (Gulf war permitting), as well as further interest from Channel 5, and Odeon Cinemas. There is a film industry screening on May 21, and a public screening at the Warner cinema in Plymouth in June is guaranteed. The film will also be submitted to international film festivals through the ensuing 12 months.
    Not bad publicity for three days of your time.
    please get back to me soon if you are interested. thezenscrolls@yahoo.com (email photo please), or 07855 090589 for further info and chat. Casting is very much first come first served due to urgency.
    Laura
    Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/24/2003 7:01am

Style: Aikido and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LMAO!

Thanks, I am flattered. :)

Unfortunately its a bit far away. Looks like my 15 minutes of fame is going to be cut short.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered,
    those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.
    Thus the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." -O Sensei Ueshiba